Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2015 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I missed the 1st 45, but the last 45 was good to watch. Laba's strike seemed to come out of nowhere and it was a missile!

Not sure what to make of Dean after that. I read somewhere that his "long range passing" was impressive, but I saw a lot of him using his strong left to hump it directionless down the pitch.

Parker continues to impress me. Looks unfazed.

What has happened to Rodriguez to make Robo not give him the nod? He at least looks like he belongs in MLS, while Dean is still a work in progress.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some great results for the Caps last night with Seattle, Portland, KC and LA all losing... only Dallas picked up points and that was the result of a 4-1 win over the Timbers.

Seattle is in a HUGE slump.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was nice to see a lot of great passing today. I think Manneh had a great game as well, they seem to be playing with a ton of confidence.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Down in LA right now and was able to take in the Galaxy/Sounders game. PR guy for the Galaxy set us up with seats right at field level…pretty cool. Sold out. Gerard played 90 and their new Mexican international signing scored on his debut. LA looking good and Seattle looked tired in the heat (1pm KO).

Gerard played fine. Didn't really stand out but what did stand out was his pace when he was on the ball. He is FAST.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for all the MLS love for the Galaxy the last week or so as they fell last night to San Jose 1-0

That result keeps LA well within reach of the Caps as we are 1 point back with 2 games in hand.

Even better, San Jose leaps past the Sounders for the last post-season position spot in the West :)

We need a result today to keep the pressure on the others near the top!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not at the moment, but just start a new thread in this Caps forum!

FYI - a TTP classifieds system is coming before xmas... time permitting :)

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think thats a great idea. At least you know your buying legit tics from a reliable source. Meaning I believe most of you bastards are trustworthy!

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of sellers after that game? What a waste of time.
Can that completely be put on the coach? We have what a week and a half off, brought the entire A squad yet played the same line up that has struggled (Seattle game) to generate anything in the past. Worst part is Houston was so bad we were very much in the game, if not should have been winning the game, prior to the ridiculous cards Laba and Waston decided to get. Laba should have been done in the 30 minute mark after his first yellow he decked a guy on his next tackle.

When do we stop giving Mattocks chances? Our team has proven we're far too good to keep this guy on the bench, let alone given any time on the field. Why can't Earnshaw get any minutes? Missing the break away, doesn't win any headers, tackles, control the ball. His front flip over the goalie - which he must have jumped into rather than going in for the tackle, is embarrassing.

Lost an easy opportunity to gain some breathing room from the top 3, instead were fortunate KC and LA both also lost to teams below the playoff line.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A lot of sellers after that game? What a waste of time.
Can that completely be put on the coach? We have what a week and a half off, brought the entire A squad yet played the same line up that has struggled (Seattle game) to generate anything in the past. Worst part is Houston was so bad we were very much in the game, if not should have been winning the game, prior to the ridiculous cards Laba and Waston decided to get. Laba should have been done in the 30 minute mark after his first yellow he decked a guy on his next tackle.

When do we stop giving Mattocks chances? Our team has proven we're far too good to keep this guy on the bench, let alone given any time on the field. Why can't Earnshaw get any minutes? Missing the break away, doesn't win any headers, tackles, control the ball. His front flip over the goalie - which he must have jumped into rather than going in for the tackle, is embarrassing.

Lost an easy opportunity to gain some breathing room from the top 3, instead were fortunate KC and LA both also lost to teams below the playoff line.

I agree with your comments regarding Mattocks, he's hopeless.
How can they not see that?
What must Earnshaw be thinking, when Mattocks plays ahead of him?
Unless he's just here on his Holidays.
Ex Premier League player kept on the bench whilst Mattocks plays is an insult to him.
I guess you have to question Robbo, with his decision to play him.
It seems that he loves the long ball, for the fast player.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not the smoothest of wins but great to see the Caps capture 3 points on an off night.

The left back for Colorado was having a mare against 'the bug'... best moment of the match was when he called the lino a fat fcuk :)

Thought Frose played well when he came on, much better than in previous matches I've seen him in... did better in that role than Pedro.

When do they play next?

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Robinson is riding Octavio far too much IMO. He finally gives Earnshaw some minutes, but in the process, Octavio isn't the player withdrawn?! Seems a strange move to me. Not choosing Mattocks is the only positive to take out of it I suppose...

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think he's riding him to hard at all, primarily because we have basically no other proven option.

What Octavio lacks for in goals he makes up for in brilliant hold-up play, and he is a handful that wears down full backs. Constantly on the move, and basically makes the attack work. All you need to do is watch what happens when Mattocks gets his chance up top...the flow dies.

It's becoming more and more obvious that our two best attackers are The Bug and likely Morales (Manneh...definitely hot & cold for me), but right now the squad is producing, and I don't think you mess w/ a good formula.

That said, stupid yellow. Fcuking hell....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Techera (sp?) is definitely proving his worth, solid pickup for this team this year.

Morales for me, has dropped off. Chalk it up to battling injury I guess but I'm not seeing nearly enough the sprayed balls out wide I saw from him last year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Since we just played Colorado, I'm going to present this here:

Caribous%2078%20Home%20Jersey%20Bob%20Rohrbach%20%282%29.JPG

NASL Throwback.

Simply awesome and I'm hoping @knvb can make something similar mandatory for FVSL similar next season :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0