Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 VMSL AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can someone please explain to me how a 3rd place team moves up a division over a 2nd place team. Why is the rules for vacancies the same as the rules for promotions????? The next best record.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gunners, explain what teams are in question? Which team gpt promoted?
Norvan finished 2 d Campo finished 3rd based on the league rule head to head. Rule 6.3 was missing from the bylaws when our club manager questioned it and the it appeared as goal difference ad not head to head

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that is very painful for you to accept that Campo is deservedly moving up. Rules and convention showed it clearly and the Vmsl officials told you so.
Goal difference is the deciding factor. Even in your beloved EPL this is the way that decides standings. First points, then goal difference, then average. This is the way most leagues do it for a good reason.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that is very painful for you to accept that Campo is deservedly moving up. Rules and convention showed it clearly and the Vmsl officials told you so.
Goal difference is the deciding factor. Even in your beloved EPL this is the way that decides standings. First points, then goal difference, then average. This is the way most leagues do it for a good reason.
Promotion in the vmsl is head to head. U only took 1 point from us so in all eyes that doesn't make u deservingly it makes us deserving. We also had more wins

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why we have rules, so emotions do not clouds our judgment. The rules are clear. It is not our fault that you do not understand them.
Almost all leagues use goal difference over the entire season because is a better indicator. A game can be just fluke. Why you can not be a good sport person and accept defeat graciously?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could it be that Norvan already has a team in Div 1, thus the Div 2 team can't move up anyways?

I thought there was a rule that a club can't have more than 1 team in a division... @gunners are you affiliated with the former Premier team in any manner, i.e., can your players be 'called up' to play with the former Premier team?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looked up the VMSL rules:

6.3. Vacancies in any Division, except the ones covered by Section 6.1 shall be filled as follows:

(a) The next place team by points standing in its respective division, regardless of section, shall be promoted, assuming that the teams have played an equal number of games. If the teams have not played an equal number of games, then the team with the highest points/games quotient (points divided by number of games played) shall fill the vacancy.

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, regardless of section, then the team having the best goal difference shall be the next team promoted. Goal average will be used if goal difference fails to resolve the tie.

Campo GD: 45
NV GD: 27

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looked up the VMSL rules:

Yes it says that for vacancies. This is the rule that appeared at the end of the year. This rule was vacant earlier. It was questioned by our club manager when he noticed it. Catlin was very apologetic about this. Why is it different when it comes to the promotion as it reads head to head points. Rule 5.2 I think it is. Why does it change for a vacancy is my question.

Campo GD: 45
NV GD: 27

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rinos has three teams. Rules are clear. @gunners simply does not want to concede in good grace. We have explained a millions times by now that tie breaker is goal difference.
What does rinos having 3 teams to do with the difference in promotions and vacancies. Rules 6.3 was missing until our club manager brought it to catliffs attention. Do u not think it should be the same as promotion?? Head to head points? U r already up so just be honest. It shouldn't change for vacancies

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is why we have rules, so emotions do not clouds our judgment. The rules are clear. It is not our fault that you do not understand them.
Almost all leagues use goal difference over the entire season because is a better indicator. A game can be just fluke. Why you can not be a good sport person and accept defeat graciously?
Just like u only took 1 point from us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0