Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 VMSL AGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was emailed out to all teams on April 21...

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

WEDNESDAY, 2016-05-25 (May 25, 2016) at 7:00 p.m.

CANLAN—8 RINKS BANQUET ROOM

6501 Sprott Street

Burnaby, BC

(Main Entrance, Upstairs, Behind Cafeteria)

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was emailed out to all teams on April 21...

NOTICE TO ALL MEMBERS

ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

WEDNESDAY, 2016-05-25 (May 25, 2016) at 7:00 p.m.

CANLAN—8 RINKS BANQUET ROOM

6501 Sprott Street

Burnaby, BC

(Main Entrance, Upstairs, Behind Cafeteria)

Thanks. Is there an agenda with the notice to the AGM?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks. Is there an agenda with the notice to the AGM?

Just the standard one they send every year that says things like "Amendments to Rules and Regulations" and "Elections"

I believe they usually send a more detailed document containing actual proposals and which spots are up for election the week before the AGM takes place.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just the standard one they send every year that says things like "Amendments to Rules and Regulations" and "Elections"

I believe they usually send a more detailed document containing actual proposals and which spots are up for election the week before the AGM takes place.

Thanks.
Would you mind sharing that "more detailed document" when you receive it?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
VANCOUVER METRO SOCCER LEAGUE

NOTICE TO ALL TEAMS

May 25 Elections for VMSL Board Positions

At the AGM on May 25, 2016 there will be five director’s positions to be filled.

As at every AGM, there are three directors completing their three year terms that were set at the AGM three years earlier. This year these are William Azzi, Geoff Catliff and Angelo Pulice.

There is a balance of 2 years to be filled on the term of Bryan Wevers who retired from the board this season and who has been temporarily replaced by Dino Anastopolos.

There is a balance of 1 year to be filled on the term of Ruben Tremarco who retired from the board this season and who has been temporarily replaced by John Catliff.

The elections will take place in three rounds. The first round will elect three directors for new three year terms. The second round will elect one director for a two year term. The third and final round will elect one director for a one year term. At each round the current board will nominate one or more candidates and will also call for nominations from the floor. All nominees will be given an opportunity if they so choose to very briefly elaborate on their interest in the role and their qualifications. In each round where there are more nominees than spaces, a vote will proceed; otherwise the nominees will be elected by acclamation. Votes will be submitted on the coloured voting cards which provide one vote per registered team in attendance.

For the first round (three 3 year terms), the current board intends to nominate William Azzi, Geoff Catliff and Angelo Pulice for re-election.

For the second round (one 2 year term), the current board intends to nominate Dino Anastopolos.

For the second round, (one 1 year term) the current board intends to nominate John Catliff.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe @LION could be a fit? Agreed new blood required. Love everything Azzi has done for the VMSL over 30 years but now is the time for a change. I could see nominating him for a single year term, but three more years can't happen.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Time to take the Gold watch after 30years
We need to go to online registration
This September
Some of you need to step up and go on the board
We need 21st century administration
Not 1980s

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Sandman @Gomesy16

Any interest in getting on the board?

Some new blood is needed aside from Catso!

I'll have to ask my buddy @whataboutbob for advice on that! All kidding aside finding the time to match the commitment would prove to be difficult. Credit and respect to those who give their time with really little if anything in return. But a great shout for @Gomesy16 - he'd have my vote for sure.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll have to ask my buddy @whataboutbob for advice on that! All kidding aside finding the time to match the commitment would prove to be difficult. Credit and respect to those who give their time with really little if anything in return. But a great shout for @Gomesy16 - he'd have my vote for sure.
Well Gomsey
I sure you can get nominated
Any interest

Farquea

Jan 14, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see online registration is in the works but at a mouthwatering cost given the email i just read. If we really have to hike up all those fees and fines for next year by that much to pay for it, i'll stick with paper and pen thanks.

I recall last year the justification for increasing the player reg fee to $45 was to be able to cover the cost of online registration 'in the future'. I was amazed at how many people simply voted that through without any clear guarentee of exactly when 'in the future' was to be.

It seems the future is now yet all that extra money from the player reg fee to go with the wad of cash they are already sitting on isnt enough and a load more fee increases are needed? That doesn't sit well with me personally and unfortunately i can't make the AGM so i hope someone else grills them over this and it just doesnt get passed without much discussion like last year. I'd be interested in seeing the quotes they have for this work.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see online registration is in the works but at a mouthwatering cost given the email i just read. If we really have to hike up all those fees and fines for next year by that much to pay for it, i'll stick with paper and pen thanks.

I recall last year the justification for increasing the player reg fee to $45 was to be able to cover the cost of online registration 'in the future'. I was amazed at how many people simply voted that through without any clear guarentee of exactly when 'in the future' was to be.

It seems the future is now yet all that extra money from the player reg fee to go with the wad of cash they are already sitting on isnt enough and a load more fee increases are needed? That doesn't sit well with me personally and unfortunately i can't make the AGM so i hope someone else grills them over this and it just doesnt get passed without much discussion like last year. I'd be interested in seeing the quotes they have for this work.

Reports from the Premier/Div1 meeting held a week or two back I believe indicated that these fee increases will pass with little opposition. If you want to voice your concerns I'd suggest you are going to need to find a way to attend the meeting. That or brief your proxy well!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What was the cost?

$5K

The bigger cost estimated is to hire a non-executive administrator which they're pegging a salary for of up to $40k/year

If that person is purely in charge of handling online registrations it seems a bit steep, but maybe the plan is to give them a lot of other responsibilities throughout the year to make it a full time position. Would love to see a job description

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
$5K isn't entirely unreasonable depending upon what is included in building out the system.

My team of course would have done it cheaper if asked as I have an interest in the VMSL coming out of the stone age administratively :)

@LION - you involved in this?

As for $40K for a league administrator - that seems a bit low depending on the duties/responsibilities and of course, the candidate's experience/knowledge of the game.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
@Regs out of curiosity would you use an out of the box solution with some customizations for the league, or build something from scratch?

Personally I think they should at least look at using a hosted solution which auto updates with new features. Otherwise in 10 years we'll be having the same bitch fest. "Why is the league stuck using a crappy website that's stuck in the 2010's?"

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is the administrator in the FVSL paid? I think in the same range?

Even though I have my personal opinions of the FVSL Administrator that aren't so flattering, I get the sense it was a good hire overall, and he takes a huge load of work off the BODs, making it somewhat more attractive to get involved. On the whole, a positive advancement for the league.

Being on a BOD is a thankless job. You pretty much get nothing but shite back for your efforts, never any praise, and frankly, a bunch of stress for your volunteer efforts. That all said, if you guys do hire a good administrator, then it would be an ideal time to bring in that fresh blood. @LION I think would do a helluva good job in that role (on the BOD, not administrator...the BOD is a place for a strong voice and influential personality).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts