Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be a big shake-up!

Great match tonight. Gutted for Kudo, but how can you not love Perez? A bike? Kidding me?

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
All signs point to the Kamara/Rivero deal being off... and potentially never on, but perhaps just a hoax.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Morales can stay healthy in the deep lying role beside Laba, then we could have a pretty decent season. He is a big key in us having success. I'm sure another injury riddled season will see him go though. Big year for him to stay healthy and help get this team some W's.
I like him there much more then the 10 role. Nico has been great as well.

Our Backline is solid enough and have had enough reps together now that should be pretty good moving forward. I don't mind them giving looks at Hurtado over Manneh at points to show Manneh he isn't boy wonder on his own.

Sad to see Kudo get leveled that bad, he had blood coming from his mouth with in seconds of the collision. I can see him being out for months with a concussion.
Blas and Riv should be good enough to share that top spot. I really like Blas as a Central target man. If everyone around him is mobile enough, he doesn't need to be that mobile., just be the tower of strength central high and help create space for others around him, which he is smart enough to do.
lets go caps!

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Morales can stay healthy in the deep lying role beside Laba, then we could have a pretty decent season. He is a big key in us having success. I'm sure another injury riddled season will see him go though. Big year for him to stay healthy and help get this team some W's.
I like him there much more then the 10 role. Nico has been great as well.

Our Backline is solid enough and have had enough reps together now that should be pretty good moving forward. I don't mind them giving looks at Hurtado over Manneh at points to show Manneh he isn't boy wonder on his own.

Sad to see Kudo get leveled that bad, he had blood coming from his mouth with in seconds of the collision. I can see him being out for months with a concussion.
Blas and Riv should be good enough to share that top spot. I really like Blas as a Central target man. If everyone around him is mobile enough, he doesn't need to be that mobile., just be the tower of strength central high and help create space for others around him, which he is smart enough to do.
lets go caps!
Blas also scores!!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Kudo out for a couple months at least and Blas will be joining Panama at the end of the month for Copa America.

That leaves us with snake-bitten can't score Rivero and... Erik #EMoney Hurtado?

Give me strength... this is going to get painful.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No shite.

A broken jaw is a solid 6 week recovery, right?

And in the meantime, he really won't be able to train. He'll need time to get back to a reasonable match fitness. Plus, he's slight to begin with. A month of shakes is a great diet plan, but not a great plan for athletes.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
wow.. Great diet before the big show though!
Poor guy though. Will be at least 10-12 weeks until he is thought of as an option.
Welcome to North America!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Five weeks he will be as good as new. Body heals faster than some think. after three weeks he will be able to run to keep his shape. Sad to see but in any contact sport things go wrong sometimes. Today's game can give you but testies. Some damm good goal keeping, team needs one more central D. Speed is bit slow in that area. Parker is the only guy that tracks on time. Coach head to make a sub for Aird after his first card, guy was on fire in front of his fans.
Any other coach would have made a sub ASAP. Robbo sometimes watches the game bit much. Soccer gods were there today.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had everything! Drama at every turn. Morales was awesome, Manneh was dangerous. Bolanos rounding in just fine. Aired...unlucky bit the kid works his ass off.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Manneh, of course, is one of the most exciting young players in the league, with his combination of lightning speed, tantalizing finishes and American residency (he’s almost a citizen, USMNT fans!) captivating a much-wider audience than your average ’Cap. People get excited when he does good things, and good things happen to Vancouver when he plays well – they were 8-2-2 in the 12 games he scored or assisted last year." -mls.com

How much does this chap Dude's caboose. I bet he would never give Manneh ice cream

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I’ve been pretty consistent w/ my criticism of Manneh, but also consistent in my belief that there is something else there that neither Hurtado or Mattocks possess.

Mattocks, no point in even going there. We were all pretty much in agreement on his real and future value to the team, his shortcomings, etc.

Hurtado…as much as he’s been useful as of late, he remains, to me, dumber than a bag full of hammers, and the reality is he may not ever be more than simply useful in an MLS side. His touch is still heavy, and he seems to have no real natural instinct for the game. You never see this guy make an intelligent run. He’s like the exact opposite of Kudo, in every way.

As for Manneh…he’s maddening. What has bothered me is primarily his selfishness, especially as it has related to playing w/ Rivero as the lone striker. Manneh’s selfishness often has gotten in the way of making the more productive play. But you see it, you see that he could easily use Rive as either a wall pass or simply play him in, but he chooses not to…while Hurtado and Mattocks simply had their heads down and are oblivious in those situations.

That being said, we all remember that hatty a few years back vs. Seattle. What we saw then was not a mistake or a fluke, it was a display of some very good striking instincts. Now, some of that may have been being paired w/ Camillo, sure, but he showed a real ease in finishing as a striker.

In the past few weeks, he’s been having more “Net Positive” matches for his squad than the many “Net Negative” performances he was plaguing the side with earlier, but he still can check out.

At this point, you have three striking options: Riv, Perez, Manneh. I think you need to go w/ the hot hand and use Manneh, but never as the lone striker. So, it becomes a pick between Riv and Perez. I’d like it to be Riv, because I feel Perez is better as a late sub, especially at his age, and as well it’s important to get Riv going.

I want Manneh to succeed, honestly. Everyone sees the potential, even with the slightly heavier touch. You just want some consistency. You don’t want to see him goin back into a disappearing act for the next 6 matches.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man there were some dodgy logos over the years for Vancouver... Timbers have held onto the classic look throughout:

Whitecaps_vs_Timbers_Logos_v2.jpeg

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man there were some dodgy logos over the years for Vancouver... Timbers have held onto the classic look throughout:

Whitecaps_vs_Timbers_Logos_v2.jpeg
79-84 still the best, plus it's a "winning" Logo. Here's to another 3 pts on the weekend just to piss off Disco!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0