Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecaps Squad announcement

Options picked up on: Carducci, Ousted, Adekugbe, Smith, Parker, Koffie, Mezquida, Hurtado, Manneh, and Mattocks

Options declined on: Tornaghi, Beitashour, Kah, Sampson, Lewis, and Clarke. #VWFC remain in contact with all of them, however.

#VWFC also remain in contact with Earnshaw and Rosales, who are out of contract, as well as the parent clubs of Flores and Techera.

Diego Rodriguez's loan has ended

Sniffer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Sep 24, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only reason to take up the option on Hurtado and Mattocks has got to be for trade reasons only I would think?

Trading up in the draft maybe?

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if Earnshaw would want to come back...one or two minutes every third game when your better than both other strikers???? I know he might not be able do a whole half but 20 please coach. I would love to see both Rosales and The Bug back.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Earnshaw will coach soon on some team. He is a leader with hart. Lots of younger guys on that team lack hart. I see few are going, good for coach Parker could easy play right D or with Waston. Both solid players.
Hurtado will be back next year he is more than capable to play right D. Strong fast easy could play way more.
To me strikers they have are not good enough including the Argentinian DP player. That's one area Portland was better than Caps and look how far they went. Robbo must be pissed off about Portland winning it. More preasure on him to do better.
Shopping for a top striker is a must and for left footed D to take placer of left D in a year or two. Guy like Parker with left foot.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like that signing too!

Beitashor (sp?) off to TFC - I like this too, opens up a spot for a younger player... like Adekugbe.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ranger Kah is a leader but nothing special as a player OK up down player, poor side to side player slow on a turning. Makes guys laugh during the practice, it helps lots of guys as some are E/high strg. He also speaks few languages, The club needs more Parker type players. Hart size mean yet smart. MLS is a physical league on top of all the skill.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Flores apparently permanent now with a rumoured 5 year contract deal.

Long term project?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The highlights look great, and he's better than one goal every three matches on average.

One question: does he speak English or Spanish? I really don't know how much that truly matters at the level these guys play, but I'm thinking more in terms of acclimatizing...but certainly Vancouver, as opposed to most cities, will be good for him.

I'm excited to see how he'll do, and excited to see if this means using a 2-up formation w/ Octavio for most of the time. It's obvious he needed support, so what happens if you now have a guy that truly has a nose for the net hanging around either taking away attention, or hiding in the weeds while Octavio does his regular hold-up play and distribution?

Anyhow, on the surface, I like the move. Plus he's young, plus J1 is a pretty decent level. Thumbs up.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw some rather questionable defending in some of those highlights.... I hope I"m wrong...

I love how guys like Marc Weber have the temerity to suggest the middle of the park was a weakness for the Whitecaps in the playoffs, but not call out the specific players that were the issue... fly-by journalism in my books....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0