Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2016 Whitecaps

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree on Jacobson as center back alternative. I do not like him in the center mid position. Just not creative enough. Solid in the back though.
I don't agree. He brings experience and possession to the centre of the park. He's not dynamic at all but he is solid. We should be playing him more.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree.

He's a good team guy, a good player, solid, everything you say...but he was brought in to fill holes, not as a featured starter. That's where his value is, as a utility guy...but if we have to start relying on Jacobson as our go-to guy in the middle beside Laba, as the guy to create offense...then we're destined for bottom of the table.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The good news is that Houston just canned their manager... and after that match, we don't have another MLS game for 3 weeks or something like that.

2 games vs Ottawa though in that period so I would assume we will see some new faces getting some minutes soon along with Jacobson.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Disagree.

He's a good team guy, a good player, solid, everything you say...but he was brought in to fill holes, not as a featured starter. That's where his value is, as a utility guy...but if we have to start relying on Jacobson as our go-to guy in the middle beside Laba, as the guy to create offense...then we're destined for bottom of the table.
I didn't say I see him as a feature starter...only that I want to see him on the field more. I like his technical ability and experience. Box to box midfielder and not a centre back. He can fill in as a centre back for sure but I don't see him there on a regular basis.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see what you are saying, I'm saying that you don't see what I'm saying.

?

:D

What I'm saying is this: he's a good guy- and a necessary guy- to have in the squad, but he's not a top stud in any one spot. Kinda like a better version of Tiebert.

I actually like our offense better now than last year, I like Morales sitting deep...but if we were married to the same system as last year, I'd sure be missing Koffie now. Even with his inconsistencies, when he was on, he was a stud box-to-box player.

Also, have you seen his salary? He was in the $60K range. CHEAP!

He's valuable, no doubt. Every squad needs a guy like him...but he's not getting you to glory.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just looked at the ticket availability for the Crystal Palace game and I would guess they would have trouble filling Swangard with the tickets they have sold so far. This is going to be embarrassing.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully it is not to make money or to try get exposure for a great sporting atmosphere because it is going to be fail on both accounts. Judging from what I saw less then half the season ticket buyer choose to buy their tickets for the game.

Houston game looks to have a good crowd probably a sell out:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for one an very intrigued by the CONCACAF Champions League. I love the idea of playing a team from Central America, as much as this does present a pain in the ass for the Caps, and most certainly a challenge to their aspirations to earn a home playoff match (definitely not on pace right now). The Caps are going to have to win through the summer, something that has been a challenge to them in past seasons.

That being said, the last month has been mostly positive. 3 wins of 5 matches, 10 / 15 points. We can argue it should have been 12 / 15, which really is the problem: inconsistency.

That all said, I may be placing a higher value on the CONCACAF Champions League, but I think if the Caps truly want to be a "Tor 25" club in the world, they need to take this tourney seriously, and put their stamp on it. I hope to see strong starting line-up for these matches, and use the depth to fill in around them. Just my opinion....

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, I wonder how many extra games Connor Casey will get after his horrific tackle last night (2 nights ago actually).

In case you missed it:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Both the refereeing and disco is a joke and makes the league less credible then it already is.

If I had any initiative I would make the Mickey Mouse disco into a sign for next game but I'm afraid I am a little too lazy for that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So disenchanted with MLS. These players must think their league is a farce. I love my club, but hate the league we play in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0