Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Imperial Cup 2017 VMSL Imperial Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Makes for a good discussion in any case. I'm bias in the fact that I used to be a forward I guess. As an attacking player, yes...I'm looking for that contact. As you said @Canucks4Ever , the defender is in a better position to win the ball but indeed has not won it yet. The striker has not won it either but at the last moment gets to the ball first.

But I think a similar hypothetical situation is a foul outside the box as well. There's so many times in hold up play as a forward where the defender rushes in to intercept the pass from behind. As the pass is coming towards them, neither player has possession and whoever gets to it first usually wins the referees decision.

So far:
No pk - 3
Pk - 1
Yes, interesting discussion and as you said we have the benefit of video replay.
I do not know if @GoF has the entire clip. Because there was a yellow card given for protesting about a penalty. If this is not the situation, there must be another situation with a card given involving protest a penalty.
A twist to the story would be if indeed he gave a yellow to the player for protesting this penalty, if this is the case, then the referee gave THREE yellow cards to the same player during the game. One on the first half and two during extra time. I guess, if it happened to Poll, it can happen to anyone.

In any case, I hope that what is taken from all this is that the VMSL is more careful in monitoring and supervising referees. Ideally,the VMSL should have each official assessed externally one or two times. Somebody should be providing them unbiased and adequate feedback. Maybe I am wrong, but my impression is that at the moment the referees are unregulated during the season; other than optional coach feedback. Can someone correct me if this is not the case?

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks to me that the refs had no impact on the game but you've chosen to moan about them ad nauseum. That clip shows no foul...in the box or out. Two players fighting for a ball and both competing. If that gets called as a foul then there would be about 1,000 fouls per game.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
so I'm out to lunch on this one. Resounding no pk from the community. Haha
@machel ....do not give up on this....you were correct. Please remember that this is a community from a placed that is ranked about 119th in the world (yes... yahooooo!.... Canada just moved ahead from the Sultanate of Oman and Irak).
Yes, there is a collision. The defender ran over the forward and there was also a push from the first defender who tackled from behind. The guys here can not see that the plays like below are penalties.

Hang on....eventually the TTP'ers will see the light and come out of the cave.... We have a problem when people only watch MLS or a random EPL game. You know... the world plays and officiates the game very differently than the way is done in Vancouver. These morons just do not know it.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the "community" was fairly rational in their discussion of this one...

It would be nice for you to concede a loss once in a while; be it in here or on the pitch.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the "community" was fairly rational in their discussion of this one...

It would be nice for you to concede a loss once in a while; be it in here or on the pitch.
For starters, it will never be a loss. It was a tie in the regular 90 minutes.
The game just proves how Canada is "light years" away. Here we had the best amateur team in the province, with the best amateur coach in the province and the best amateur players in the province (i.e. some former national team members -i.e. trained by coaches from the national program) and all these best of the best could not break a simple 5-3-2. Keep in mind that almost all of the defenders were not playing not their regular positions and considered "silver" in their youth.

guys....when you are going to wake up and realize how behind we are here in Vancouver and British Columbia? when? what does it take?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
You parked the bus with 25% possession. you are so smart.

I don't think top teams and players get up for these match ups. To play Campo was not a life long goal for Metro Ford.
It was your World Cup Final, and to them, an annoying team of nobodies that were over zealous and going 110%.
You had something to prove, and they didn't.
That is why the cup games are close, sometimes.
This is standard knowledge for most. You should know this and not try to make this game more then it was.
A mid pack div 1 team played a defensive minded game and tried to counter against a top premier side.
Almost worked, but it didn't. So very close. This happens all the time, in every league across the world.
What are we on about?

You played well, and gave your all with your Silver group. You are good at making a game plan and having your players buy in.
You came up just short. Perhaps with better players you would have made it happen in a one off.
Perhaps a little more preparation with your team, and a little less typing on TTP about this match, would have been the difference.

Lets move on. 3-1 final in OT. Done deal.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You parked the bus with 25% possession. you are so smart.

I don't think top teams and players get up for these match ups. To play Campo was not a life long goal for Metro Ford.
It was your World Cup Final, and to them, an annoying team of nobodies that were over zealous and going 110%.
You had something to prove, and they didn't.
That is why the cup games are close, sometimes.
This is standard knowledge for most. You should know this and not try to make this game more then it was.
A mid pack div 1 team played a defensive minded game and tried to counter against a top premier side.
Almost worked, but it didn't. So very close. This happens all the time, in every league across the world.
What are we on about?

You played well, and gave your all with your Silver group. You are good at making a game plan and having your players buy in.
You came up just short. Perhaps with better players you would have made it happen in a one off.
Perhaps a little more preparation with your team, and a little less typing on TTP about this match, would have been the difference.

Lets move on. 3-1 final in OT. Done deal.
...go on....refuse seeing the reality that you are in soccer caver full of shadows....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0