Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

9 fricken 69 !!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Jamaican chemists are the best in the world? Does Jamaica have chemists?

That's a good point OD! :D

I don't know what to say since the best sprinters in the world seem to come from Jamaica/ the Caribbean. 1-2-3 in the women's final today must be raising some alarm bells considering there are only 3 million people in Jamaica yet they are defeating nations like the USA who have a crap-load of athletes, money, training facilities, etc, as well as a long list of busted users. The US is notorious for cheating yet they cannot compete against "clean" athletes? Something is out of order here.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watching the women last night and every single one of them has a face like a man's. 100% dopers for sure. It's like the Tour de France!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A couple interesting reads I found on the intranet

From The Jamaica Observer:

Jamaica's Athletic Performances and Drug Taking
Letter...Letter...Letter

Saturday, August 02, 2008

Dear Editor

The Olympics are upon us and accusations are flying fast and furious. Even faster than Usain Bolt's 9.72 seconds 100m world-record time. If accusers Victor Conte of Balco fame and Dr Adrian Lorde from the Caribbean Regional Anti-doping Agency are to be believed, Jamaica is not only the current sprint capital of the world, but also the drug-taking capital of the world.

For the first time in recent memory the world powerhouse, the mighty USA, is not the dominant force in the sprint events (regarded by most as the premier events). There is a very real possibility that Jamaican athletes could win all four events (100m, 200m both men and women) and also take home the two sprint relay gold medals. This would be quite a remarkable feat for any country, let alone one the size of Jamaica. Understandably, this has raised quite a few eyebrows, and some very envious ones.

The reality of track and field today is that whenever you see an outstanding performance you have to wonder if illegal methods (drugs) are involved. Athletes such as Justin Gatlin and Marion Jones have in no small measure contributed to this. So outstanding performers such as Usain Bolt, Asafa Powell, Allyson Felix, Jeremy Wariner and Sanya Richards all have their performances questioned.

Drug cheating is no simple matter. You just don't walk up to your local corner shop (or Seven-Eleven in the USA) and obtain these substances. It requires collusion at several levels;

. From the manufacturer of these substances (and here a laboratory like Balco is essential).

. The distribution and administration of these substances (coaches, managers and other intermediaries may play a role here).

. The abuse of these substances. Athletes have the ultimate responsibility for any substances found in their bodies.
Let us examine the accusations and the accusers who are making them against Jamaica and the history of drug taking in Jamaican track and field. Jamaicans have been caught abusing substances. All the major infractions that have led to athletes being banned have been exposed by our local anti-doping programme, and not overseas. Doping controls have been in place for many years now at all major track and field meets in Jamaica. Our main failing lies in the delay in having a fully functional National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). This is so despite having been one of the early signatories to the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code. This is currently being rectified, as the required legislation has now been passed into law and everything is now in place for our NADA to be up and functioning. The main advantage of a National Agency is to extend testing to sports other than track and field. It will not result in an increase in testing for our track athletes, who are already among the most tested in the world. The IAAF has in place a robust out-of-competition testing programme that specifically targets elite athletes and especially those in countries without a NADA like Jamaica.

This fact is well known, and the likes of Dr Lorde and Victor Conte cannot cite ignorance as an excuse for their disingenuous attacks. In 2007, our athletes were the fifth most tested in the world for out-of-competition tests. Only Russia, Kenya, USA and Greece had athletes who were tested more than ours. This fact is publicly available on the IAAF website. Incidentally, Dr Lorde's Barbados only has one elite athlete on the list for which a total of one to three tests were performed in 2007. The Anti-Doping Agency which he heads was born out of World Cup Cricket and is now seeking post-cricket relevance. Being in charge of testing in Jamaica is seen by him as one route to gain that relevance. Victor Conte's possible motivation stems from the fact that his laboratory's role in supplying banned drugs to athletes was exposed by a Jamaican. If he has proof that our athletes are drug cheats or evidence that he has supplied drugs to our athletes, he should furnish this to the authorities and stop trying to tarnish our athletes' names. This slur is particularly dangerous because when these accusations come from a known supplier like him people tend to believe that he has special knowledge even in the absence of proof. Victor Conte knows how complex it is to manufacture these drugs.
Jamaica does not manufacture any pharmaceuticals, and for our athletes to have access this would have to be done overseas. It is hardly likely that any foreign laboratory would manufacture designer drugs for Jamaicans and not be providing them to their own athletes.

Unfortunately, tests carried out at our recent National Track and Field Trials have returned a positive result. This will no doubt raise more questions. It should be looked upon as proof that our systems are working. We should also remember that the athlete involved is still presumed to be innocent. Due process will be followed and he will be afforded every opportunity to defend himself. If after all this he is found guilty, sanctions will be applied according to the regulations.

The nation should wish all our athletes well as we look towards what we all hope will be our most successful Olympics in this our 50th year of competing at these games. We should rest assured that drug taking by athletes is not condoned by our local authorities. We will continue to do all in our power to keep our athletes drug-free by our programme of education and regular testing both in and out of competition. We should also remember that between now and the time of the Olympics all our elite athletes will be subject to many more out-of-competition tests, as is usual and expected, as the authorities try to ensure that the playing field is level and even athletes from small countries like ours have a fair chance to excel.

Yours sincerely,
Warren Blake
Second Vice-President JAAA (in
charge of Anti-Doping matters)
Medical doctor Olympic team 2008

And from Yahoo Sports:

Jamaican sprinters needled by drug tests
By RAF CASERT, AP Sports Writer
Aug 13, 10:21 am EDT

BEIJING (AP)—A top Jamaican Olympic team official complained Wednesday that unusually frequent anti-doping tests are upsetting preparations by his nation’s sprinters ahead of Friday’s opening races.

“We have never seen this level of testing,” Don Anderson, Jamaica’s delegation head, said in a telephone interview one day after men’s 100-meter gold medal contender Asafa Powell said he has been excessively tested. “It could affect the performance of our athletes.”

Over the past week, Anderson said, Jamaicans have been tested 32 times.

Repeated testing has distracted the runners, and gotten on their nerves, he said—even if it presents no immediate medical issue.

“They get taken away during training or they are taken from the restaurant,” he said.

Powell, who volunteered for an anti-doping program run by track’s governing body, said Tuesday that the number of tests upset him.

“They took blood—a lot of blood,” he said. Overall, Powell said, he has been tested four times, though he didn’t say whether any were urine tests.

The International Association of Athletics Federations has dismissed such complaints, arguing it’s only logical that medal contenders undergo a lot of tests.

Jamaica’s testing gripes come shortly before qualifying for the men’s 100 begins. The final is Saturday. With Powell and world record-holder Usain Bolt, Jamaica has a shot at a 1-2 finish, though American Tyson Gay is the world champion and a strong contender.

Bolt alone could haul in more gold medals than the whole team brought home four years ago, when Jamaicans won twice. He’s favored to win the 200 and is in line for a golden triple if the strong sprint squad holds off the United States in the 400 relay.

Jamaica’s chief competition will be the Americans, who also are subject to strict testing but have not complained in Beijing. A spokeswoman for USA Track & Field said she didn’t know how many times Americans have been tested.

Jeremy Wariner, defending gold medalist and two-time world champion at 400 meters, said he has no issues with the number of tests he takes.

“Whatever we’ve got to do to get everybody the right way, then that’s what we need to do,” Wariner said.

In a wide-ranging conversation Wednesday with a small group of U.S. reporters, IAAF president Lamine Diack praised the work of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, including a voluntary testing program that has attracted Tyson Gay.

Diack said Gay’s participation sends a message that, “OK, I want to be a clean athlete. I’ll give you blood. I’m ready to do that to prove that we are clean.”

The International Olympic Committee has made a point of going after dopers at the Beijing Games, increasing the number of tests to about 4,500—up from 3,600 in Athens. More than 50 athletes already are missing these Olympics because of doping accusations.

The IOC conducts the bulk of the drug testing done from the weeks leading up to the Olympics, through the games and for a few weeks afterward. However, the IOC gave the IAAF permission to continue its own blood-testing program through the Olympics, IAAF secretary general Pierre Weiss said Wednesday.

AP Sports Writer Bob Baum contributed to this report.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I shocks me that guys actually believe that everyone is clean.

The combinations of HGH, Blood Boosting, high quality steroids, and masking agents these days are phenomenally high in quality.

Everyone has bagged on me as a cycling fan for the "dirty" athletes. Fact is, the UCI test more than any other organization, due mostly demands by the Tour De France to clean up the sport. They test more, therefore they catch more. But, at the levels leading up to the highest cycling ranks? Not so much.

I don't believe any of these high performance athletes are NOT using some sort of...let's call it performance aid...to help w/ recovery and capacity to train. I believe that it is highly regimented, controlled, and quite probably even safe at the levels they are controlling and implementing intake.

Do I believe that the playing field is level? Yes. And to me, the assumption that most of the highest elites are on a PED program does not take away from the enormity of the accomplishment, or the excitement. 9.69 is amazing in any circumstance.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do I believe that the playing field is level? Yes. And to me, the assumption that most of the highest elites are on a PED program does not take away from the enormity of the accomplishment, or the excitement. 9.69 is amazing in any circumstance.

Dude...I agree that in the moment of excitement, these accompishments seem incredible; however, the moment anybody is revealed as a cheat, his/her accomplishments really do not seem that amazing anymore.

We all thought the home run race between Sosa and McGwire was awesome until the "whole truth" was known. Ditto for the accomplishments and careers of Clemens, Bonds, Landis, Jones, Johnson etc. Now, these "heroes" will forever be cast in a negative light and no one is very excited about what they could do with the assistance of PED's.

There is no way that anyone would feel anything but disappointment if, for example, Whitfield tested positive for something...regardless of how exciting that finish was. It's kind of like finding out that Big Foot was really just a Halloween costume.

If Dude Jr makes it to the Olympics one day and loses out on a medal to a drug cheat, would you feel the same way about cheats as you do now?

Or maybe...would you ensure that Dude Jr was on a "level playing field" with the cheats?

Something tells me we aren't going to agree on this one. ;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude...I agree that in the moment of excitement, these accompishments seem incredible; however, the moment anybody is revealed as a cheat, his/her accomplishments really do not seem that amazing anymore.

We all thought the home run race between Sosa and McGwire was awesome until the "whole truth" was known. Ditto for the accomplishments and careers of Clemens, Bonds, Landis, Jones, Johnson etc. Now, these "heroes" will forever be cast in a negative light and no one is very excited about what they could do with the assistance of PED's.

There is no way that anyone would feel anything but disappointment if, for example, Whitfield tested positive for something...regardless of how exciting that finish was. It's kind of like finding out that Big Foot was really just a Halloween costume.

If Dude Jr makes it to the Olympics one day and loses out on a medal to a drug cheat, would you feel the same way about cheats as you do now?

Or maybe...would you ensure that Dude Jr was on a "level playing field" with the cheats?

Something tells me we aren't going to agree on this one. ;)

To answer your questions:

If Mini Dude one day becomes a high level athlete, I'm going to do my damndest to make sure whatever he's putting into his body is healthy. So the answer is no to drugs. I'd be proud of his accomplishments, and proud of him for doing it naturally. I would not hold grudges, but I may publicly celebrate my son doing it clean, if it were known the others were chemically enhanced.

Second answer, no I wouldn't.

Now, as a grown man, I'll only have so much influence on his final decision when he's older, but the message in our familly is more along the lines of health: just because these guys do it, is it good for their health long term to be playing tricks on their bodies like this? We do discuss it, because he asks a lot of questions. You'd be surprised about how much a 9 year old can understand the real effects of a PED.

The think is that athletics / sports do have a place in our lives at home, but not for those reasons. He's going to do great things one day, but I'm pretty sure they won't be sports related.

Dial, I'm just pointing out the obvious. I am getting to the point of feeling that I don't care what these guys / gals do to themselves. It is their choice, and they pay whatever consequences they are prepared to live with for their chance at glory.

Would I, if I were in that position? Can't honestly tell you no. Do I want my son doing it? Hell no.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Drugs or not............

A new World REcord in the 200 metres for the Lightning Bolt...........19 fcuking 30........He pushed right through this time though and he did with a head wind.........:eek:

Well done to the Bolt

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looks like everyone but the Jamaicans dropped the baton or did not relay in time and were DSQed. I think only 9 of the 16 teams in the semis made it through with Canada #2 in their relay behind the Jamaicans.

I can't see us not medaling in the 4 x 100.

irish rover

Aug 6, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
T&T came second with I believe a showing of 38.06 and followed by Japan at 35.50.
I f you click on the link above in kjohn's post you can watch the race on the CBC website.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0