Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Amalgamation Cup 2007

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece any news on this years teams.
I was just informed that the tournament is startin last week of may.
Always a fun Cup tourny, cant wait.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC is in the group with the Green Devils (defending champs) and the Comrads

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Call him: 867-5309

Spurz have our first game against Peter and his deflated Roo this Sunday - the other team in our group is KMV.

Who the hell are KMV?:confused:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually it's KMB.

They are an over-30 squad that plays in the Steel & Engineers League. I think they're based out of the north shore.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are back (Bullets) in a group with Van. United and Columbus. Our group games are June 3 and June 6. Does anyone know if Hoffman has computer access?? If yes why doesn't he post

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stasher:

Hoffman does have an email address; that doesn't necessarily mean he has a computer though (although it would tend to suggest that he does). I've razzed him in the past about this; apparently he and technology are not good friends, which he freely admits.

Thanks Dezza.

Trece

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are 8 groups of 3, making 24 total teams. Each group plays round-robin and 1st place from each group advances to the qfinals. From there it's single round KO.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any scores from the weekend? I saw the Roos take the lead against the Spurs, and would guess they won as they seemed to have the majority of possession/chances.

Also, can a game end in a tie or does it go to OT/pks?

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACBC - B 5-1 over the Nomads
ACBC - A 9-0 over the Comrades

Ya,wasnt pretty. (A) plays defending champs the Green Devils next week..Will be a good game.

Games go into PKs if tied.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate losing.

I hate losing to a drunk Aussie yahoo who keeps calling me "Wayne" even worse.:rolleyes:

dezza basically capped it. We didn't start strongly enough, and it cost us. The fact that we also gave away an average of 15 years to them didn't help, either - our geriatric back liners (except for Coolhead) couldn't keep up to their pace. The Roos are a much improved team from what I saw of them last winter, but it still wasn't pretty football.

We did have chances - two posts and a crossbar didn't help change the bottom line. FCballbetweenmyanklesbytca with a few good runs that ended frustratingly in the longish grass as well. End result: Socceroos too many, Spurs not enough.

Beers still tasted good.

dezza: which bunch of pisstanks were you lurking with?

Trece

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,
We were on the sideline between you and the Roos and I am the owner of the cooler that got slid into by the guy that looked like, but didn't play like Ronaldinho. Not too many guys felt like hanging around, so we were gone before halftime... otherwise I would've said hello.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Dezza,

That guy looks more like Oscar Davids (sp?) with the dreads.
He was comitted, he went flying outa bounds twice maybe even three times.
The ref should have given him a card for hitting the cooler like that. Thems fightin' moves:rolleyes:
BTW: I was the keeper that came into the game at about the 10 min mark.
As for the Roos, they always pick up a few better players for the summer leagues and tourneys and then loose them in the winter.
Presumably because they can't stand listening to MR Soccerroo for very long....yap...yap..yapp....:wa:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza:

Hello to the westside. Any other TTPers lurking in your squad?

Vinnie:

Edgar Davids actually, but who's counting? Maybe Oscar is his poorer brother...

You might have to start between the pipes again tonight; looks like BB is out for a bit longer. Agreed with the call for a card; you just don't to that to a cooler. Not de rigueur...

On to KMB - possibly we'll have better luck as the age gap won't be so pronounced:rolleyes: No idea when they play the Roos, although Hoffman phoned me and threatened to ref our game tonight, so he should know. Any other questions burning in people's minds that they want passed along to him?

Trece

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

A very busy tax season at the CA firm, combined with the annual May trip to Las Vegas combined with a mild concussion incurred courtesy of a disgruntled forward during a East Indian tourney has left me unavailabe to play.

I should be back in action hopefully next week.

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bullets vs. Columbus Sun. Jun.1

Columbus pulls a no-show?? Ref. turns up, were ready to go and nobody to play against. Very frustrating for this to happen on such a beautiful Sunday night, a lot of teammates left bbq's, camping etc. to be there. So does no-show team get fined?? Do I get reinbursed for the ref fees I still had to pay??
Does our team still get a 2 game guarantee for the Amalg. Cup that we paid our entry fee for? Does anyone know this Bryan Hoffman organizer and if he cares about dead beat no-show teams. ( it happened last year to us as well.) anybody!! anybody!!

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank-you Ghouse for responding

Heres a thought, if I was to organise a tourny or competition don't you think I would be contacting the team who showed up for there game, only to have the opposition no-show, and maybe apologise for the fcuk up!!!! and offer an explanation? Hey maybe I'm asking for the moon here but certainly think I am owed a courtesy call!!!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0