Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seattle lose big

17 -2 loss for Seattle, no professional team should be beaten with a score like that. Disgrace.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well....

If you checked my prediction on this series, it will make it a little easier to deal with. Overrated pitching against awesome hitting lead to a 17-2 spanking.

As for the Yankees, you can never count them out BUT go back a couple of months and see who the Captain picked to win it all......

As for the National League, my predictions sucked big time....:(

Captain

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Derek Jeter for mayor of New York!

Yankees versus Mariners in the ALCS. Should be good.

Game 3, Yankees up 1-0, Jeter comes out of nowhere to save the game, cutting off an errant Spencer throw from deep right and flipping it backhand to nab the guy by inches at the plate. This is the stuff of baseball legends. Yankees win the game and go on to take the next 2 to get by the A's. Oakland made at least 3 killer errors tonight and they paid the price.

The Yankees were the first team in major league history to lose the first 2 games at home and go on to win the series. Arizona/Atlanta should be good too.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pardon me while....

I take my foot out of my mouth..... I went a solid 0/4 in the first round. I am not the man. That is why I don't like betting on baseball. You've gotta love those Yanks though.....

Captain

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What did I say about the yanks. Never count them out.

Yanks to win the World series

Yanks 4 - Mariners 2

Good Series but yanks are just to strong and have to much experience.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coppertone was that a prediction for the series?

Game 1 Alcs Yankees 4 Mariners 2

hoping the Mariners rebound and take the series.The Yanks are and will be tough to beat but im tired of seeing them win all the time,Steinbrenner has the money to buy and build a championship team all the time.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looks like Coppertone wll be right again. Yanks in the world series!!!! Jinky I had no time to post so it was a short comment. Why would you call me a glory hunter. I state my predictions, and is it my fault that 9 times out of 10 I am right.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If the Mariners would have won Game 5 they would have won the series. Too bad idiots like Rhodes and that chinese closer don't know how to pitch away from the power zone. Great season and now a great dissapointment.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chinese guy?

Which Chinese guy are you referring to? I wasn't aware of any Chinese players on the Mariners or any team in the majors for that matter.

I predict the Yankees are going to hammer the team with the Chinese players, Sasaki and Ichiro.....

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sorry know-it-alls

Captain and Regs,

I meant to say the 4th game and i realized they were japanese players and not chinese. But, the Mariners are still out on their asses.

p.s. : I have been known to be psychic after smoking one to many juntas.:confused:

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankees

Well the mariners have gone golfing. They had a great regular season, but a horibble ALCS. They played decent in the first series, but not good enough to win the world series. Like I said yankees are in the World series. Sorry I was a game off.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Prediction for the World Series

I have the yankees in 6 games. I think that the D-backs are a good team and will do well, but the experience of being in the big show has to go hands down to the Yanks. So, experience will win this one.

Anyone else with any predictions?

Game#1 - Yanks 4 D-backs 2
Game#2 - Yanks 6 D-backs 3
Game#3 - Yanks 4 D-backs 7
Game#4 - Yanks 5 D-backs 4
Game#5 - Yanks 2 D-backs 4
Game#6 - Yanks 4 D-backs 3

World Series Champs NEW YORK YANKEES

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yankees to win the first 2?

I don't know about your predictions, Coppertone. Schilling and Johnson are going to start the first 2 games for Arizona and both those guys are up around 100 mph. I'm predicting a split in the first 2 games.

I've got a feeling about this one and I don't know if the Yanks have it in them this time around. They do have a lot of people behind them this time although not because of liking the team so much as wanting to see NY come out on top after recent events.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just see that everyone is talking about the pitching of the
D-backs, but everyone forgets that the yankees have Clemens, Pettitte, Mussina, and Hernandez. There Rotation is just as lethal if not better. Also they have the closer of the decade in Mariano Rivera. I have to say there staff is the best in the league. I think that the D-backs should be the ones worrying cause they are up against one of the best rotations, the best bats, and also the defending champs that came back from 2-0 in there first series, and knocked of the best team in the league this year.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pitching

Coppertone,

The pitching will be key (duh!) in this series and you're right that the Yankees have a strong rotation, solid mid-innings guys and Mo closing for them. I don't know much about the Diamondback's staff other than the 2 guns.

Another thing to consider is the fact that there's no DH in games played in Arizona. This is the way baseball should be played. You'd have to give the edge to Arizona's pitchers in the hitting department as they do it all year long. Torre has demonstrated that he knows how to manage that kind of game and if they're in tight games, Yankee starters may not be seen past the 5th or 6th inning.

These teams have never played each other so it should be interesting. We'll see if the Yanks can get the ball in play and take advantage of their speed and managerial edge.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0