Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Baseball

Mr Coppertone

<font color="red">Most Irritating TTPer - November
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DH

As you can see the last three years the yanks have not had a problem with the DH. They have won the last three World Series and all in 5 or less games. I think that the Yanks are the better team all arround and should take this one.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
what is the captians take on the series

Captain,

Prediction ppppllllllleeeeeeaaaaassssseeeee............

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well so far my predictions have been shite but I still think the Yanks will come back they have before so don't count them out.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the chance of the Schilling , Johnson duo pitching 3 more time it is unlikely that the Yank's will win the series. Just because I hate them does not have anything to do with my prediction.:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Love to see the Yanks lose,Schilling and Johnson are animals.If Schilling pitches game 4 and Johnson back for game 5 it will be all over for those Yanks:D

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yanks

You guys are already counting the Yanks out. They still have Hernandez and Clemens to pitch in games 3 and 4, and they are playing in Yankee Stadium always a tough place to play if your a visiting team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
D BACKs in 6

The Yanks will win the next 2 and Arizona will win games 5 and 6.

Thanks for coming out.

When is the last time there has been such a dominant 1-2 punch in a starting rotation? I know the Braves had some good pitchers over the last lot of years(Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz) but these guys don't throw heat like the Schilling/Johnson.

Captain

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

They are both on a high right know. They are playing at the top of there game and the Yanks aren't. If the Yanks were playing well this series will be a lot different. There pitching has been ok, there hitting has been horrible, and they have no intesity. If they don't pick it up your prediction will be right, but I highly doubt that they won't comback and win.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Schilling game 5 starter

Are the D-backs gonna start Schilling in game 5? Has anything been confirmed.At the beginning of the series,they were saying he only neede 3 days rest:confused:

Captain

I must agree that they are the most dominating tandem that i have ever witnessed,monstrous fast balls.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,

3 days rest means he will be ready to pitch game 4 because of the days off:eek:

These two guys are scary together. Johnson is just ugly.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy,
I just found out that either Batista or Schilling will start in game 4. Look for Batista to start if they win tonight and the latter if they lose.

This is ttp reporter THE APPRENTICE and I know the score!

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yanks win

We have a series people. The yanks are back in it and tonight will be the game that makes the series. I think that if the yanks can take this one it will be all over for the D-backs. Schilling would have tasted defeat for the first time and the team will not look that untouchable. If they win they will probably come back with Randy Johnson in game 5 and take the series. But my prediction still stands Yanks in 6.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ynaks Win

Coppertone

Yeah they won,but tonight they will be facing Schilling,and he is unbeatable right now.If Miller(catcher)could actually catch some fly foul balls the second run may not have scored.

Mr Coppertone

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

In game one the yanks had about 3-4 errors. They gave the game to the D-backs. I will say schilling pitched a hell of a game, but the yankee d didn't haelp in game one. So you need some bounce to win sometimes and the yanks got it in game 3. Yanks win another tonight 3-2 New prediction.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game 1

Coppertone

They were totally dominated by the mighty Schilling and will be again tonight.This marks the end of a great run for the money can buy championships Yankees.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holy Fcuk!

What a game...if you're a Yankee fan. Schilling was dominating, Hernandez was scary, Posada was good and bad, but Martinez and Jeter were the wizard's sleeve!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
great comeback....

Amazing game indeed. As I was receiving a gobble, I was witnessing one of the great comebacks in recent history. Sorry, I thought I was Doglike for a second(the fcuking idiot that he is)..

It was a great game and prediction is holding up. The Big Unit will not start game 5. Instead they will go with Batista setting themselves up or the possibility of a Johnson/Schilling combination in games 6/7. Schilling will pitch again if this goes to 7. That is my prediction. Batista will sneak a win in game 5 and the Big Unit will clinch it at home with another shutout....

Nostradamusshamrock

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brenly

With the heart of the Yanks line-up coming up in the 8th and the 9th why would he pull Schilling when it was obvious that the Yanks cant figure out his heater instead he throws in a young 22 year old korean that has never been close to anything like that in his life.:confused:

I hate the Yanks:mad:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hindsight's a good thing

Jimmy,

Schilling's was doing well but on three days rest with a potential game seven date that would be on another three days, Brenly was looking ahead. Byung-Hyun Kim fanned the side in the eighth inning (going full counts on all three) and was one strike away from a great showing.

You've got to look at a few other plays that were made to get the tale of the tape, all from runners testing the Yankee's arms. The strikeout/steal to end the second or third inning and the Diamondbacks' runners aggressively coming home from third on Spencer's shallow catch (out) and the other guy coming home on Jeter's throw (safe, but not the best guy to be testing in that situation).

All in all we've got ourselves a best of three series now and it's still wide open. Unfortunately for the Yanks, Johnson and Schilling are still looming.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huge game

Game 5 is the bigest game of the series. If the Yanks get a win tonight, they will win the series. Even if Johnson and Schilling pitch game 6 and 7 , the Yankees can counter with Roger Clemens. I hat the guy but after watching him pitch in game 3 I know he still has it in him to be as dominant as the latter two. I think it is important for the d-backs to win tonight otherwise they might be in trouble.

I HATE THE YANK'S.:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0