Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Masters Dream Matchups

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was brought up in another forum, but bears some TTP discussion. What would be your preference for first round BCs Masters Provincial Cup matchups this year? (and the nice thing about this thread, your team only needs a chance to qualify at this point).

Some suggestions:

Surrey United vs Port Coquitlam

PCOV vs Roma

Any other thoughts?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC v. UVIC Alumni

Game on a Saturday afternoon, Strathcona Hotel/Stickey Wicket Pub Saturday night and then a round of golf at Bear Mountain on the Sunday. Pretty much a dream match-up.:wa::wa::wa:

JAGS

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all SirM, making a comment in one thread, just to start a new thread is weak. ;)
Second, JAGS is right on the money
Third, any matchup against a VMSL team is a Good Matchup for us. We are curious to see how we fair against "the best"

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags:
The last place I'd like to play is on the island. Talk about a crap shoot.
Much prefer getting a North shore team in the first round. How many teams have made it all the way?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
None from the NSCL. Peg (our old incarnation) made it to the semis once or twice.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
None from the NSCL. Peg (our old incarnation) made it to the semis once or twice.

Although the NSCL rep Coveside did alright last year. So I see WV was doing better at the BC's as Peg from the NSCL. As I believe WV has made it only once to the semi's coming from the VMSL!!!:eek:

As for dream match ups, I'm not sure there really is one for us but Sir M, hit the nail on the head as Roma would love to go up against PCOV. For one, half of Roma at one time or another once played with PCOV and the other reason is PCOV just loves to over react and argue amongst each other!!!:D;)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor I can't remember. I think maybe twice though, but I could be wrong. WV (Masters) has only been in this league since 2005.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sirm I think conductor has a bit of a man crush on you, westvan, and the Vmsl. Be careful Skanky cdmtd may be lurking...

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Antifan, yes you are correct, man would I love to crush WV or any other oppenent from the VMSL!!:eek:

Sirm I think conductor has a bit of a man crush on you, westvan, and the Vmsl.

BTW AF is your girl finally bored and tired of you?????:D

Be careful Skanky cdmtd may be lurking..

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unfortunately Ranger that can't happen until round 2.

Rumour has it that league winners get "seeded," so since WV and Poco won their respective leagues, that will not happen.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that league winners get "seeded," so since WV and Poco won their respective leagues, that will not happen.

Didn't Delta win the FVSL last year and play Sapperton who won the VMSL in the first round last year?

Or is the seeding thing new for this year in masters?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has it in fact changed? I think it was VMSL champs vs FVSL Champs a couple years before last in the first round... as well?

PS, wouldn't Columbus be the team to beat? They are reigning BC and Western Canadian Champs last time I looked.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus deserves that because they are champs. Until someone knocks them off they are the team to beat. The rest are just contenders. There are probably four or five that are in that category.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK, so are you saying that the other 11 or 12 teams are just Pretenders than????:eek:

The rest are just contenders. There are probably four or five that are in that category.

BTW who in your mind are the 4 or 5 contenders?

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0