Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BC Provincial Cup Draw MEN 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agreement amongst leagues only included semi-finals = LIAR

posted by: moot
That was semi-finals!
Wow, great memory... Does it really matter if it's the "semi-final" or final?
It's not like BC soccer o VISL have attempted to make a spectacle of this...
FFS it's on a bloddy Sunday...

UBC
Gorge
Surrey Utd
WV

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmmmm, let's see what the problem was tonight for 2 9........bad call....ref counted wrong during the penalty shootout....;)

Congratulations to Columbus.........that's a GREAT result for you.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, Columbus's keeper saved 2 of the spot shots. All Columbus first half , mostly WV as they tried for the tie in the second, 2-2 after 90. WV was the better squad in AET but Columbus defended well and were better over all tonight. 29 with some fantastic saves in the opening 45 as Columbus could have been up by at least a couple in the first 30 mins. Well played Clan !!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it really?

They drew 0-0 both league matches.

No, you're right. I stand corrected. I suppose it isn't in that sense however I was merely referring to the fact that as defending triple crowners they were one of the favorites. No offense meant waglio!

Best of luck to Columbus the rest of the way.

DCR20

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
A great match at Ambleside tonight. Two fine teams, who always, when they meet, leave it all on the field. Clan the better team in the first but went down a goal with 5 to go, against the play. West Van better in the second but gave up two. Scored the equalizer with 7 left in regulation. West Van with the better chances in OT, but could not slot one. Pk's went to Clan. As Lindley stopped 2. Congrats to Clan. And best of luck the rest of the way.

Both keepers were very good on the night. 29 making two big saves in the first. And Lindley coming up huge in the second and in OT.

West Van's year comes to an end, narrowly losing out in League and Imperial Cup repeats. Disappointing year for us. But something we will learn from and build on for next season.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well were out. Not the best feeling but we were not the best team on the night. No ranting here cs as the ref and officiating were good and we just couldn't find a goal when we needed it. I dish it out when it's needed, not every time. Good luck to Columbus and the remaining teams. Gonna be a long summer, but we'll be back next year.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
well were out. Not the best feeling but we were not the best team on the night. No ranting here cs as the ref and officiating were good and we just couldn't find a goal when we needed it. I dish it out when it's needed, not every time. Good luck to Columbus and the remaining teams. Gonna be a long summer, but we'll be back next year.

29 just giving you a hard time, mate. Obviously your team is still one of the teams to beat and will be for years to come. Well done on a good season and good luck to Columbus next round.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow shocking result for WV after watching the Croatia Columbus game last weekend i was sure WV would kill columbus. Oh well it is Cup Play anything can happen i guess. Should be a easy ride in for Surrey now

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Clanbus on a terrific run so far and to West Van for a great season. Even though they got knocked out, they were clearly above most of the teams and ppl could say what they want about 29 but he has clearly shown that he is a big time game stopper over the years.

I really still don't understand how BC Soccer gives a spot to the PCSL league. Of all the teams, only UBC and maybe ACBC will take the spot to go. Khalsa, Victoria X 2, Kelowna would all decline which means that in their 7 team league UBC or ACBC could technically finish last and second last (depending if Kamaloops takes a spot) and then automatically go to the Provincial Cup. The process seems very flawed to me. Why don't SFU and Trinity also enter into PCSL and gain access to the cup. SFU through Kelowna declined to go last year and UBC went again to the Cup. What if UBC wins, will the CIS give them the week off so they can go play in Nationals? A university team should not be able to enter into an men's amateur league/cup. Some ppl will say they don't have the experience and so VMSL or FVSL teams should beat them. However, what they have is the luxury of training everyday since most only play and go to school and the ability to train everyday in my opinion creates a unfair advantage.

Thoughts/comments???

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Clanbus on a terrific run so far and to West Van for a great season. Even though they got knocked out, they were clearly above most of the teams and ppl could say what they want about 29 but he has clearly shown that he is a big time game stopper over the years.

I really still don't understand how BC Soccer gives a spot to the PCSL league. Of all the teams, only UBC and maybe ACBC will take the spot to go. Khalsa, Victoria X 2, Kelowna would all decline which means that in their 7 team league UBC or ACBC could technically finish last and second last (depending if Kamaloops takes a spot) and then automatically go to the Provincial Cup. The process seems very flawed to me. Why don't SFU and Trinity also enter into PCSL and gain access to the cup. SFU through Kelowna declined to go last year and UBC went again to the Cup. What if UBC wins, will the CIS give them the week off so they can go play in Nationals? A university team should not be able to enter into an men's amateur league/cup. Some ppl will say they don't have the experience and so VMSL or FVSL teams should beat them. However, what they have is the luxury of training everyday since most only play and go to school and the ability to train everyday in my opinion creates a unfair advantage.

Thoughts/comments???

C'mon man this is BC soccer your talking about do you think they have a clue as to run anything !!!! all they wanna do is drive around in there mercedes and say look at me i am high and mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0