Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BCPL- BC Premier League: Proposal

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was in Victoria over the weekend and got a chance to ask a vet from Gorge if they were going to be in for the BCPL and the answer I got was NO. Island teams don't want to travel here to play games during the winter season and don’t plan on doing so.
Someone on the VISL site just clarified this a bit... apparently the current group of Gorge players don't want to play in it but the club will put in a team. He also said Bays were in the same boat.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This thread alone sounds so similiar to the stuff I deal with on a day to day basis in my job.

The culprit LACK OF COMMUNICATION! I am always open to ideas but I need to be sold on them. If I have questions I want them answered because I want to make an informative decision. Get my back up and I'll say no. Simple. You have a leader to make decisions based on feedback from affected teams not dictate whats going to happen.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teams NOW entering the BCPL:

Cleo's FC.........currrently 1st in Division 3B
Socceroo's......currently 2nd in Division 2C
Friend's Unt.....currently last in Division CAT A

And

Surrey FC........currently 1st in Division Premier

If Surrey decides not to join the "super league"......for the second time, they will be replaced by the Tiananmen Square "Backdoor" Dragons from the Vancouver Asian League.
What's that thing sixfyv does?

FTW

:D

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmm....maybe Primo MF can escape 2nd Div. by dissociating from MF, volunteering to enter this Premier league and then tank the inaugural season to be "relegated" down to VMSL Premier!!! How's that for an idea eh? :wa:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hmmmmm....maybe Primo MF can escape 2nd Div. by dissociating from MF, volunteering to enter this Premier league and then tank the inaugural season to be "relegated" down to VMSL Premier!!! How's that for an idea eh? :wa:

Great idea! You will also get automatic qualification to Provincials ;)

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone on the VISL site just clarified this a bit... apparently the current group of Gorge players don't want to play in it but the club will put in a team. He also said Bays were in the same boat.

Yea for VISL cat teams

Priory Boy

Nov 6, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a shame it comes down to this, a movement that is trying to established one would think a better brand of soccer in BC. It seems those that want to be a presence in the mix may want to for thier own purpose rather than the good of all and others who just want to put thier "two bits" in because it isn't going their way. Others see the light and will push forward. It may take another year to complete but to back out and take your ball home just because you can what a joke. These "top" execs should meet with thier Leagues again VERY QUICKLY to get and give answers. All leagues need to impliment some costing to support the growth of this fledgling league and resolve openly all the perifial seeding, eligibility etc etc and bring it to the respective leagues to vote on.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and involving decisions required by memberships and board of directors. Nothing gets done easily or quickly. Too many stakeholders inevitably have a lot of questions and concerns that need addressing. It's a pain in the ass, but it is the reality of being on a BOD.

It was rammed down the throats of the members back in May 09, BUT ONLY A FEW PEOPLE SPOKE AGAINST IT. It was passed with a lot of questions still unanswered. But, I recall 3/4 of the voting members passed it. Even though they didn't have the info long enough prior to the meeting to probably make an informed choice.
But 8 months later? Wow, shite hit the fan.

This has given me a head-ache

outkast

Jan 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If it is true and the majority of the VMSL prem has pulled out, the BCSPL must get put on hold. You can not have a BCSPL without the best teams involved, it WILL flop. Take a year, get everybody the proper info they need and come back with a purposed plan to make this league WORK.

I for one, in hindsight, would love to see this league work, but it can not be forced.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great idea! You will also get automatic qualification to Provincials ;)

Sounds like an arrangement could be made with Rino perhaps Dezza? Imagine the possibilities...two of Vancouver's independent italian teams that joined major clubs and experienced mixed success emerge to rise to the "top league in BC" and win provincials!

Ah who am I kidding...best of luck to all involved in the clusterfcuk, it seems to be the hottest topic ever to hit TTP. :(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah who am I kidding...best of luck to all involved in the clusterfcuk, it seems to be the hottest topic ever to hit TTP.
Funny you should say that as on Saturday, TTP registered 72,000 pageviews for the day due to a Serena Williams photo in the multimedia gallery - thank you Yahoo :D

Carry on.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bcpl does not sound like a good idea. maybe a good concept but not a good idea. End it now and try to figure out a way to improve the vmsl, which is the best league around. Look at the season this year. Every team has battled hard and upsets occur almost weekly. If acbc wants to join the vmsl and they think that they are good enough, then let them in. If gorge wants to do the same thing then figure out a way to get them in. This is what surrey did and look at them now. Let's try to improve the vmsl and move forward. I don't think that there are three quality teams in the visl or the fvsl to make a proper bcsl. Take the best one from each league and bring them to the best league around, the vmsl.

And moving ahead with this league with vancouver olympics, the punjab hurricanes and sapp makes no sense. Too bad norvan wasn't at the meeting last night as they could have been in the super league today. Just my two cents. 29

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Really here is what you need ,Extra to play in the BCPL.
A licence to drive a 15 passenger Van ..Class what 5 ,4,3whatever.
A creditcard to rent the van and pay the ferry cost.
Gas and food,,,no because you would have to eat and get to your regular game anyways.(remember we said extra)
Obviously a calculator to divide the costs by the amount of people traveling.
Oh and a job to pay your share...
Oh you cant afford it...Ok you stay home with the kids that weekend and maybe sign down so you can get a game in while your team makes the 3 long voyages across the Sea.
Some secret info...I just got from the PCSL website..You should set your alarm 3 hours before your sailing to allow you enough time to get to the ferry and to be early enough to get on. You may want to call ahead and make a reservation to ensure you board.
Maps are available at the Van rental depot.
Or have a GPS Phone with calculator.

Van Ferry cost $45 each way x2 = $90.00
15 passengers and just enough to play a soccer game with subs $13.50 each (way)
$202.50 x2 = $405.00 a whopping $495.00 total
Now divide that sum by players travelling and you get how much it will cost each guy on the team. $33.00 whole dollars.
Wow thats less than a round of golf...and less than a round of pints at the TTP Dart game.
Less than 1 Canucks ticket and less than a dinner out with the Mrs.
Hell its less than a bag of cronic..Less than a flap and less than a 2 4 of Black Label.

Oh wait what about the subsidization of the Island teams....
That is a real tricky one that only the experts at the PCSL can figure out...Its been top secret for years but because I play in the PCSL Ill let you know a little secret.
To help offset the Huge cost of Flying , airport taxes, and limos.
first off the home team pays for the Officials...Saveings $60.
Back to previous paragraph. $495.00 - $60 = $435.00 div by 15 players = $29.00 bucks.
Wait now its cheaper than a meal with the family at McDonalds....
Ok back to offsetting the travel for the Island teams(to be fair of coarse)

Well they must pay in full 3 trips cause we have to.
that leaves them with 4 trips each over the amount of trips we take.
4 trips extra x 3 teams = 12 trips to help subsidize.
$435.00 a trip x 12 trips = $5,220.00
Now divide that by the 10 teams in the division and walla = $522.00 extra to play in the league per team.
Divide that by the 20 on each team. and you get a whopping $26.10 extra per player.

So with the $26.10 extra league fee per player and the extra $29.00 x 3 trips extra per player you get a grand total of $113.10 a full season extra....
And keep in mind you dont have to pay it all at once, if its to much for you or is cutting into any one of your habbits posted above.

There is the skinny ,the secrets and all you really need to know with out a business plan and years of research to make the BCPL run.
Thank god I went to elementary school.

Why dont you brainiacks and smart comebackers really fess up to why you dont want this great idea to work...Its not the cost...Its not because it hasnt been thought through..I just did the math for you...Its not because you cant travel 3 times a year.
What really is it that you are scared of ??
The Island is beautiful,the food is great,the water is clean. They have more women per capita than we do here.....Same beer...What really scares you?. There are life jackets and life boats on the ferrys....They all speak English.
We all agree that its a good idea and with planning it will work..
We know no huge sponcer will come on board till the Attendance at the games is way stronger than what we get out now...
Yes a few welfare teams just wont be able to afford the huge undertakeing until a sponcor comes on board.
We know a few teams whos managers just dont want to let anyone else into thier secret society and teach the secret handshake.
I say Grow the Fukc up and evolve. Dont be a dinosaur. Dont be that old lady with her blue hair that was so hot 40 years ago.
Its 2010 guys and we have an opportunity to make something special happen that will effect our childrens children for years to come.
We can help grow soccer. Grow it to where we all want it to be.

Build it and they will come.

soccerking

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
G-House, just wondering if I am going to get a refund on my season tickets to watch ACBC next year? ------with no BCPL..... I don't want to go watch you play FVSL on a Sunday night.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
best 10 teams in province...bcpl :)
not best 10 teams in province...bcpl :(

whether my team would be in there or not, i would support a new league that had the best 10 teams in the province.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bcpl does not sound like a good idea. maybe a good concept but not a good idea. End it now and try to figure out a way to improve the vmsl, which is the best league around. Look at the season this year. Every team has battled hard and upsets occur almost weekly. If acbc wants to join the vmsl and they think that they are good enough, then let them in. If gorge wants to do the same thing then figure out a way to get them in. This is what surrey did and look at them now. Let's try to improve the vmsl and move forward. I don't think that there are three quality teams in the visl or the fvsl to make a proper bcsl. Take the best one from each league and bring them to the best league around, the vmsl.

And moving ahead with this league with vancouver olympics, the punjab hurricanes and sapp makes no sense. Too bad norvan wasn't at the meeting last night as they could have been in the super league today. Just my two cents. 29

29 I do not see where the VMSL is the best league around.
Yes the top 5/6 teams in Premier may be the best teams no question.
But our club has played more inter league matches than any by far.
I have been to the B provincials and know the lower VMSL Divisions teams as well as I know the Div 1 and Premier teams. We play in the PCSL the Knights league and i go to most Multi Cultural League games. I watch the Richmond league close cause they are the teams to beat at the B Provincials and the Burnaby Mens league plays when we train. I have played in Ktown and the Loop. Hang with the Island every year at the Saltspring tournament. And stay in touch with all ,everyday on facebook.
Chating about whats going on,whats happening and what the next best thing.
If the VMSL was a better league then why were none of the Premier teams explained to or new what was going on in thier league and what was going on in the BCPL. The best league should have the best communication you would think.
If the VMSL was the best league then you would think they would be the league putting forth new cutting edge ideas like OnLine registration...
Why online you ask..so managers can see which players are lying and playing on more than 1 team/league just for starters not to mention all the paperwork you dont have to do and time saved for better things like...
You also would think they would have a better website to go along with the online registration.
A better league might do more for thier members like Xmas parties and free tournaments at the end of the year to say hello and Thankyou.
I know I know,what does an Xmas party have to do with Soccer...EVERYTHING..were friends.
Here is a question to a better league..Do you know how much money is in the Best leagues bank account??? right now...
We do.
And its all ours to do with what we like. We just have to ask and to put it to a vote.
Does the Best league have a scholarship program....
Anything besides free pizza for player of the week.
A sponsor who will give any member a deal because he is in the best league.
Does the best league run the Allstar program or come up with ANY ideas to try and make soccer better....

Back to the Best soccer...Yes again 5/6 teams on top are the best..But because we actually play as many games between the 2 leagues...Thats as far as it gets.
The FVSL has and is getting stronger by the year and I am proud to say that in the lower divisions we already are surpassing the greatest league around.
Our FVSL div 2 team with no Premier players have beat the VMSL div 1
Serbian White Eagles. the tops at the time Div 2 Metropolitans.
Our div 2 team with 5 includeing our keeper premier players lost 3-2 to Inter Premier ,We beat Croatia ,Akal div 1 ,7-0 and they called the game with 10min still to play. tied the SFF 3-3 and so on. Yes we may be better than the average FVSL team but my point is ,we have been there and done that and so I can tell you first hand after playing against teams from both leagues that, besides the top Premier clubs...The FVSL is right there.
The VMSL is NOT the best anymore. The U21 is better in the Valley. The level of play from the lower divisions is better. And div 1 and Premier are right behind. Take away your top 6 teams and you have a whole new can of worms. I really know cause Im there week in and week out.
As I see it, its just a matter of time before the top teams in the FVSL will be challengeing the VMSL. As more folks move to the valley, Bridges are built, population grows ,Way way more fields are put in cause the valley has the room, The stronger youth systems kids grow older....
That with the retirement of so many older stick in the mud VMSLers
all says to me a change will be takeing place...
A changeing of the guard.
I look to the future and thats why I desided to join the FVSL. I see a future. Great Ideas. and Growth.
Not gobbling up other leagues but creating new ones.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was rammed down the throats of the members back in May 09, BUT ONLY A FEW PEOPLE SPOKE AGAINST IT. It was passed with a lot of questions still unanswered. But, I recall 3/4 of the voting members passed it. Even though they didn't have the info long enough prior to the meeting to probably make an informed choice.
But 8 months later? Wow, shite hit the fan.

This has given me a head-ache

It's okay though...you've earned your way to the BC Super League by coming 10th or 9th in the VMSL. Well done. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0