Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best ref ever?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've seen Walks like that reffing in Squamish. His quality goes up at an equivalent ratio to his pints consumed.:D

JAGS

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
thats hilarious but this ref here must be well up there as the most enthusiastic

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alot of guys won't know this name but

Bobby Brown here in the Lower mainland was a awesome Ref .. instant respect

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
alot of guys won't know this name but

Bobby Brown here in the Lower mainland was a awesome Ref .. instant respect

I'd vote for Bob Brown as the best lower mainland senior men's ref. He treated players and coaches with respect and he got the same back.

Once I yelled at him as he missed some bozo back of the play elbowed one of my young players and bloodied his nose. The young guy was was one just out of juvenile soccer. He came over to the sideline and quietly said "coach that is unlike you to be yelling at me like that." It gave me a chance to tell him what happened. He said, sorry he didn't see it, but he'd keep an eye out.

He headed back to the center of the park and glared at the guy who did it sending him a signal that he was not happy and would be watching. The game finished with no further incidents.

Robby Brown knew had to acknowledge how a coach feels when his guy is being gooned. He also got his message across that he was not about to yelled at without making a Mauricio type display or puffing himself up that MN does.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You have to mention Bobby Sawtell in the same breath as Brown. The two of them were magnificent back in the 90's!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When I read the title of this thread, the first name that came to mind was Bobby Brown. He only reffed one of my games back about 15 years ago, but I remember thinking at that time that I never had a ref who was as in to the game and had as good a rapport with the players as he was and did. I have not come across a referee who left such an impression as Mr. Brown did.

Locally, I think Paul Ward is an exceptional referee and I like Walks' game a lot as well.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the modern day guys suck... why is this?

girth,

I've registered you for the next Referee Clinic in August and I've also arranged for you to referee Croatia & Inter at the start of the VMSL season. I'm sure you can do a helluva' lot better job than most of us :rolleyes:

Dial - cheers :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All the modern day guys suck... why is this?

Yes, and so do the the modern day players.........do you qualify as a player, girth? If you do, I'm going out on a limb and saying you're rubbish. As Walks said, looking forward to you getting your ticket so you can finally show the modern refs how it is done.

On another note, Walks, the ref you guys had last night was outstanding.......except to Animal. :D ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0