Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can Vancouver create that magic atmosphere

Can Vancouver create a great atmosphere in MLS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh man.

Does anyone else cringe in watching that? If you've ever been to a game, these guys can be over-the-top embarrassing. Not for the other squad, but themselves. That's the stuff I was writing about way back. The guy w/ the red hair, on the right? Biggest knob you'll even see at those games, outside of the guy on the left. Those shorts are his regular get-up. The guy in the middle...WTF? Seriously?

The best is the English accents that all of a sudden materialize.

Yes, TTP section please Regs! :D

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was on the Sounders supporters forum the other day (I look at all the boards for story ideas), and they had that video posted and were making fun of it. Is that really the impression to give people?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The dude in the back row is clearly second string. He wasn't projecting nearly as well as the front two, I even thought he might be lip synching.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poster boys for the Whitecaps? Fcukin' poster boys for Linux User Group more like. Quit now JBN and save what's left of your recently tattered reputaton.

Safe to assume there's no hot chicks in the Backsiders' Section?

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was only a matter of time before that made its way onto TTP :eek:

I want to make it clear that JBN is not one of the 3 in that video.

However a certain Whitecap webmaster is, one with interesting christian views :D

Or you just bitter he got to make the MLS website and not you?:rolleyes:

JBN might be the 3rd!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linux Users' Group.... only if they are wearing suspenders under their jerseys.:rolleyes: That video was sad... "epic fail" for those of you under 20.

Regs: the Daemonspawn (both of them) and I vote for the TTP section as well. It's obviously where all the cool kids will hang out.

Obviously.:D

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious!!! :D :D :D :D

You know, BT and the WFC called a bunch of the guys and said do you want to go on TV and we all said fcuk no. Two of the guys in that trainwreck of a video work for the club and don't even hang around the SS anymore on game days, or they are unable to stay ALL game, they showed up to this thing along with Zach, who is the guy in the middle that is clearly embarrassed to be alive/associated with either of the other two.

Funny Stuff.:cool:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jees.

I'm still cringing. Angry Bert? Seriously? 40 year old virgin comes to mind.

Bobby...for all things right and holly, please do not allow these guys on TV- ever again. We must be able to do better. Give Walks and Captain Shamrock a bottle of Jameson, and send thim into the studio after an hour.

Reedie...you must be able to arrange this for radio purposes?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would just like to point out that this is not at all reflective of the people or the activities and goings on of the Southsiders Proper. Not at all.

Ask Kjohnsob and itallianstallion_21 ;)

Usually it is just a group of 100-150 hammered people taking the piss out of the goalie, referee, security staff, and overweight whitecaps players who once had the USL scoring title and then couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat.

Yes we probably do have a few 40 year old virgins amongst us, we probably do have some wanna be Engerlish guys that "Throw on an accent" pre-game...

That all being said I would prefer to watch the games from this section than anywhere else just because of the sheer entertainment I get watching from there.

Plus the pre game Bevvy and BBQ is really really good every week!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally, I think the Caps should hire Utah full time as the designated Southsider Heckler. No blowhorn needed, and you'll hear the fcuker all the way down in Seattle. Plus, he's wearing his shorts high these days like the knob occupying left stick.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys,,the guy with his shorts around his waist is named Ian and works in the Whitecaps front office and is NOT a Southsider...This was a set up promo thing done by the whitecaps and once again we see why they have such a tough time being cool...if thats the word to use. maybe IN is a word. or even accepted, as a major sport like Hockey and football.. I personally was ashamed to be a whitecaps fan infront of my friends at work who I have been trying to get to come out to a game with me, after watching this together. This set all my non soccer but sport buddies back 2-3 large steps in trying to get them pumped for MLS.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Iain Allen is a southsider, a long time southsider.

He got work with the club as a ticket salesperson when Jeff Shea (Whom some of you may know from Langley) left the Club as a ticket rep.

What is a joke is that Iain was left to be the spokesperson for the group. Either Andrew or Zach would have been much better. Iain is awkward in his speech and actions at the best of time, it doesn't change the fact that he is absolutely rabid whitecaps fan.

Some of the guys actually are hard core Supporters of the Whitecaps believe it or not. The know all kinds of weird and obscure facts about the players and team and history of the league etc... Some of the guys just prefer the atmosphere and the hanging out camaraderie and chuckles we get whilst bevvying there while taking in the games.

You have to admit it is funny when one of the guys starts chanting the opposition keepers mothers home phone number, or when one of the guys brings a googled image of the keepers wife on a large sign with the word MILF spelled across it...

Most of the chants/songs are hilarious too.

Nobody in the Southside fancies themselves as a Danny Dyer firm type. we are just a bunch of dudes (from all walks of life apparently ;) ) that watch the game together that are sick of the old folks and 5 year old kids that spend the match slamming a $60 soccer ball off the retaining walls while not watching the game.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ghouse...that guy is 100% full-on SS member.

JBN...maybe the Cap's front office now will be able to afford to keep a proffessional promotions / sales staff, and find a job for Iain and Angry Bert that hides him somewhere in Toronto.

Jeff Shea was the type of guy you want representing the club...and a hell of a player, to boot. He was w/ us a few years back. We called him Suitcase Shea. He'd been showing up to games w/ his kit in various forms of Safeway plastic bags, and was getting plenty of ribbing for it. One Saturday night, Jeff quietly walks into a raucus change room, and plunks a baby blue old school suitcase- complete w/ thumb-snaps- up on the bench. Proceeds to open the lid, and pulls out his boots, pads, socks, etc. The thing looked like it came out of the movie Forest Gump. The changeroom went all quiet, then exploded w/ laughter.

:D

Attachments

• bluesuitcases.jpg
    bluesuitcases.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 70

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shea was a gem of a guy. I hung out with him a lot for quite a while, but alas he got hitched and got on with his life and has all but vanished off the face of the earth from what I can tell.

He was a really good player too. He was a scholarship player at UNC or NC State, I can't remember which one, except that it was in North Carolina.

It is amazing to me that he never showed up with a proper equipment or gym bag.

he showed up to the ACBC Tourney as a member of our Nomads team two years ago the same way, 5 minutes late, totally aloof like nothing was wrong with him being late, and with his boots, socks, shinny's and spare change of clothes in two safeway bags! Priceless!

needless to say he was the reason we went as far as we did, and we fell apart once he left and couldn't play the playoff games....

he was actually the guy that got me and my buddy going to Caps games. he was exactly the type of professional person that the Caps seem to be missing on the Tickets sales side of things these days.

When my Buddy jordan and I re-upped our tickets this year our Rep ( :rolleyes: ) called us to say that we should buy the premier flex pack because it included the "Premier Rivalry Games" and Nutrilite Champions Games, and was like $12 a game. We then wondered (to him loudly) why you would advertise and sell a flex pack at a cheaper per game price than a full blown seasons ticket and all the games were "Premier" Basically the Seasons tickets holders were paying more per game and that package obviously included all the dog team games and midweek games, for more per game :rolleyes:

... Long story short we got our seasons tickets for a reduced fee once he "Spoke to his boss"

funny stuff.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Iain Allen is a southsider, a long time southsider.

He got work with the club as a ticket salesperson when Jeff Shea (Whom some of you may know from Langley) left the Club as a ticket rep.

What is a joke is that Iain was left to be the spokesperson for the group. Either Andrew or Zach would have been much better. Iain is awkward in his speech and actions at the best of time, it doesn't change the fact that he is absolutely rabid whitecaps fan.

Good on Iain. I thought that he did a great job speaking and chanting and it made for excellent TV. If people are still viewing it and forwarding it to friends months after it was originally broadcast, then it has served its purpose well. Everything doesn't have to be a Coors Light commercial.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You betcha.

As it may be perceived as embarrassing to some, I don't particularly care one bit.

The only folks really taking this seriously is the cyber-Danny Dyers that pretend that they are in a firm or something because they are part of a Supporters Group of the Columbus Crew or DC United or some shite.

Who cares if everyone thinks Ian made an arse of himself, he probably doesn't...and obviously Bobbaduzzi didn't or he wouldn't have (probably) put him up to it. :rolleyes:

Funny, some of the SS'ers are trying to get flags and banners printed up now with Bert from Sesame Street on it with a Caps uni on ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0