Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Can Vancouver create that magic atmosphere

Can Vancouver create a great atmosphere in MLS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's gotta be a winning product.The "fairweather fans of Vancouver" will only take so much losing. I'm hoping it works,but i guess old school tells me you need big names to sell soccer. Prove me wrong 'Caps!!!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody notice that in this rendering there doesn't look like any way to make the upper deck accessible at all? The retractable part might peel back okay, but it looks like the rest of the "roof" is right in front of where upper deck spectators would be...:confused:

No I haven't seen any other renderings of it yet...

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
What it looks like is that they have drapery covering the upper deck which seems to be fastened to the roof, to keep it a more intimate setting. I would assume that it would be retractable a well.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would be cool is if the drapery could be swapped out depending on who is using the stadium at the time.

Caps could then silkscreen their version with the logo and player shots from the past... like Willie Johnston mooning the Sounders keeper after scoring in a shootout :D

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What would be cool is if the drapery could be swapped out depending on who is using the stadium at the time.

Caps could then silkscreen their version with the logo and player shots from the past... like Willie Johnston mooning the Sounders keeper after scoring in a shootout :D

Or Willie at Jack Murphy Stadium swigging a beer, taking the corner and Kevin Hector or Trevor Whymark scoring!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is with all the drunk TTP posting today?

It was Spartan Stadium in San Jose I think - isn't/wasn't Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego?

:D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ckZUpGoNI"]YouTube - WillieJohnston 1979 Beer Swig[/ame]

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was Spartan Stadium in San Jose I think - isn't/wasn't Jack Murphy Stadium in San Diego?

:D

YouTube - WillieJohnston 1979 Beer Swig

You are correct. It was San Jose. Forgive me, it was 30 years ago. :eek:

And it was Peter Daniel, the defender, not the strikers. Another memory lapse. :(

Weird listening to McKeachie doing the highlights. I still remember him doing the play by play on TV. Ian Michaud was gold on CJOR.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

To be honest, I am not sure there will be much drinking at the Whitecaps games. If you look closely at the rendering, it appears that the only beer available is Pilsner Old Style in a bottle.

SoccerPaper

Jul 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is the artist rendering for what they have in mind for BC Place. Note what appears to be the beer garden on the far side, so all is well. I think it's gonna be pretty sweet...

The scorebox is pretty hilarious.

What are the chances of CFL football lines on the pitch?

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The scorebox is pretty hilarious.

What are the chances of CFL football lines on the pitch?

Are they going to have two available turfs? Seems like a lot of work (and expenses) to change turf between Lions' and Whitecaps games. Personally, I think it looks very cheesy when the football lines are visible, but I know some MLS teams do play on such fields.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe they will be able to wash the lines off or something..

5000 Deposits have now sold out, and I heard rumors that current season tickets have almost doubled..

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
With these guys in attendance, how can the atmosphere be anything but magic!:D:rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9VzvTaf50]YouTube - Southsiders and Bob Lenarduzzi on Breakfast Television PT1[/ame]

I suppose these guys would be risking a wedgie and a noogie if they sat in the stands with the general population.:D

Speechless.:eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was only a matter of time before that made its way onto TTP :eek:

I want to make it clear that JBN is not one of the 3 in that video.

However a certain Whitecap webmaster is, one with interesting christian views :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0