Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada MNT: Road to 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is still grass, doesn't get the same level of love as it did during the Caps era. Im sure the rugby hacked it up pretty good as well but still a top grass field that could get tuned up for an event like that.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Squad announced for upcoming home & away with Belize:

CNbxKJFUAAASz0q.jpg

No De Guzman and no Osario.

DeGuz is getting up there in years but the Osario decision is strange... at least he is getting minutes at TFC, I don't think the same could be said for Bekker?

Love to see Adekugbe to be named - he should start ahead of either De Jong or Ledgerwood as far as I'm concerned!

Cheers,

Regs.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice to see De jong mustard back...:rolleyes:

Atiba and Will Johnson pushed out Osario and De Guzman...both will be great additions.

Although I agree Osario should have been kept on.

Issey back in the mix as well....I think he was not part of Gold Cup?

Lots of changes from Gold Cup...overall team looks better.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Looking at the player list a bit more in-depth shows only 2 BC players. Ontario leads the way with 13.

Where did all the good players from BC go to?

CANADA A-Z (Hometown & First Club)
Adekugbe, Samuel | 1995 | Calgary, AB, CAN | Manchester United Grassroots
Akindele, Tesho | 1992 | Thronton, CO, USA |
Bekker, Kyle | 1990 | Oakville, ON, CAN | Oakville SC
Borjan, Milan | 1987 | Hamilton, ON, CAN | Radnicki JP
Crépeau, Maxime | 1994 | Candiac, QC, CAN | Ligue de soccer pour enfants de Candiac
de Jong, Marcel | 1986 | Toronto, ON, CAN |
Edgar, David | 1987 | Kitchener, ON, CAN |
Gasparotto, Luca | 1995 | Ajax, ON, CAN | Ajax SC
Haber, Marcus | 1989 | Vancouver, BC, CAN | Dunbar SA
Hutchinson, Atiba | 1983 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton
James, Manjrekar | 1993 | North York, ON, CAN | North York Azzuri
Johnson, Will | 1987 | Toronto, ON, CAN & Chicago, IL, USA |
Larin, Cyle | 1995 | Brampton, ON, CAN | Brampton SC
Ledgerwood, Nik | 1985 | Lethbridge, AB, CAN | Lethbridge Cosmos
Nakajima-Farran, Issey | 1984 | Tokyo, JPN & London, ENG |
Ouimette, Karl W. | 1992 | Terrebonne, QC, CAN |
Petrasso, Michael | 1995 | Woodbridge, ON, CAN | Kleinburg SC
Piette, Samuel | 1994 | Le Gardeur, QC, CAN | Lionceaux de le Gardeur
Ricketts, Tosaint | 1987 | Edmonton, AB, CAN | Edmonton Juventus
Stamatopoulos, Kenny | 1979 | Markham, ON, CAN | Markham Lightning
Straith, Adam | 1990 | Victoria, BC, CAN | Bays United SC
Teibert, Russell | 1992 | Niagara Falls, ON, CAN | Niagara Falls SC

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting that of all the Ontario players, almost all of them are from the GTA(Toronto area).

There soccer season is much shorter than ours, but the player pool is much larger.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the subject of BC player representation on national teams, the CSA thinks things are better out here, as shown in the minutes of the February 17 2015 BCSA Board meeting which Viktor and Charlie attended. If you don't believe me, then read the minutes. Here is the relevant excerpt.
"5. Victor Montagliani (President Canada Soccer) and Charlie Cuzzetto – Director, Canada Soccer • On behalf of the BC Soccer Board, the President thanked Victor and Charlie for attending today’s meeting and discuss with them a number of matters including the process for national soccer governance structural reform, committee representation and communication, competition format and structures and Soccer/Player development. The views of the BC Soccer Board that governance reform should not be mandated but developed in a cooperative way were noted by the President and Charlie Cuzzetto. The excellent work of BC Soccer in increasing the representation of BC born players onto Canadian National Teams National teams from 12% to 17% in 3 years was recognized".
Data can sometimes be used to show different results. I suspect that BC representation on female youth teams is better than BC representation on the MNT which may explain the 17% figure.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those figures would include all the National youth programs both Male and Female I would imagine.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those figures would include all the National youth programs both Male and Female I would imagine.

This is from the game in 1994, when Canada missed out in playing in the World Cup Final's in USA.
We would have qualified, if we had the same format as today, with 32 teams.
There were only 24 teams then,& USA were in as hosts, leaving 1 spot in CONCACAF.
We lost 2-1 to Mexico in the final game.
Brazil went on to win the World Cup, after that game.
What has happened since then?
It appears that the game has gone way back & I don't see it getting any better soon.
How can they say BC is improving? When there are fewer players playing for Canada from BC at any level.
Are they counting players from the Whitecaps Academy?
Players who are not from BC?
The CSA don't even look for players, or try to develop them. They take the lazy approach & just ask the 3 academies who they have.
What happened to the National Training Centres that developed players?
They've taken the lazy and cheapest way out.
No wonder we are in such a state.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian senior men are playing good soccer. The group we are in is very good. Also for most we get Spanish ref's. They never give Canada a chance. You did see it in one of those games lately guy was getting called off but he really was not. In my opinion we should move to play northern group with Iceland. We would have a better chance. You know US controls the out come.
Some guys really make me mad when they trash our team. The problem is upper party of management. They talk much and that gets us in trouble. We need to move to different group to play in colder places.
The biggest problem is three teams in MLS we have. Very few Canadians get a chance. Winning a cup with out Canadian players means nothing. Once them coaches start to respect Canadian kids and we get coaches that know how to develop in residency we will move forward. Chasing all; over the place is waste of time for most..

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday's match is being streamed live on the CSA home page apparently.

Predictions?

I'll go with 3-0 Canada (we last played Belize in 2004 winning both games 4-0 home and away).

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Julian De Guzman has been cleared to play as well.

I will say 2-0 Nil canada, but this is Canada playing who knows what will happen.:cool:

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude i do i did listen to tape from Ontario and clearly know you. It's the way I said it. It stinks at the top and players get the blame. Old coach has done a good job. Once the figure out what sixty forty means we will win. It's does not matter how we win but wins are a must. Upper boddy shot your traps and let all canadians in or you will never get there. Some of us know what the problem is. Some have money to fix kit or screw it.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
So still no deal for TV rights? They found a temporary home for tonight's game on telelatino (TLN) I heard.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The result was good, but the game was not entertaining, and most of the Canadian team did not look good. Couple goals scored on scrambled plays, must be our Canadian hockey heritage which shows up even when we have a spanish coach.
Hope they can improve for the next round, assuming they don't blow it when they go to Belize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0