Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Vs Honduras Oct 16

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still can't believe the CSA rolled over when Montreal/Vancouver entered the MLS and said there was not enough Canadian talent to compete with the domestic rules Toronto had instated. 3 players on a 30 man roster is a joke. Instead of having guys like klazura, Mitchell, Nonchoff who never see the pitch, we should have 5-6 Canadians on the reserve squad.

In addition to Dude's requirements with MLS teams, the CSA should push for more NASL teams in addition to Edmonton, and soon to be Ottawa... Hamilton, Quebec City, Calgary etc. And make the Canadian content requirements even higher. We can't think of creating a domestic league with Vancouver/Montreal/Toronto already seeing financial success in a higher calibre league.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think some how it's deveolpement.
The CFL has a domestic rule and I don't see canadians breaking into the NFL as a result.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys I think guys like Baba Lanerdduzi are the real problem here. He has got no Canadian pride. He brings in all American kids here.
Our kids sit on the banch, when they go to play for our National side they have no legs to play hard games.
Till someone from Canadian soccer sits with Whitcaps and TFC nothing is going to change. I think Edmonton will help out in our next round.As you can see Whitecaps sock even with all the old guys they bring over. If it was not for Seattle we would not make the playoffs.
Kids like Nanchinov should leave and go play in Europe where they will get playing time. I see Caps brought in a Sott for youth development. See we go backwards again. We need a Brasilian or Agentinian or German to teach our kids skill that they will need to play against Latino countries.If you think we fail at upper level than it all starts at youth.
U14 to U 18 is where the problem is. Period. HPL is going forward in a possitive way but not many parents can aford it if they have two kids playing.
In my opinion. Toronto,Vancouver and Montreal should be told by CSA to add four Canadian player each on a top squad. What is the point to support a club if our kids do not get developed.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CFL has a domestic rule and I don't see canadians breaking into the NFL as a result.

Not sure you can agree the two systems, when there are really only two countries in the world playing throwball. Besides, what you do see are plenty of Canadians in the CFL, playing at a high level, and contributing to their teams. I.e.: the Lions are as good as they are because their best players are Canadian, which gives them a lot of flexibility, depth wise. When a Canadian goes down, they don't have to use another Canadian, they can slot in a US player, since they typically play more than their quota requires.

That being said, you need both. You can develope, develope, develope...but if those players don't get into a competitive side fast, all that development is wasted.

Kevin Hector

Apr 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're not good enough to play, then you shouldn't be handed a spot on a roster because of your place of birth. No one is entitled to anything. earn it.

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

You cannot compare the two sports.
They don't play for a World Cup in Football (American style)
There is too big of a gap from youth and amatuer soccer to the professional game (MLS & Europe)
There needs to be a league where players can grow and develop as pro's.
Only then will we see more Canadians in the MLS and the better ones, or the ones with European Passports, will be playing in Europes top teams.
The bigger the base of home grown talent, the more players will graduate to better teams.
That is what the USA did after the 1994 World Cup.
It is no coincedence that they have grown as a soccer nation since that time.
Canada can not grow, if we do not have a place for them to develop.
Academies are needed by the MLS clubs, but they are not the answer for the Canadian National Team Program.
The CSA needs to get it's house in order and get it's own league and stop depending on the Pro Clubs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we all need to take a deep breath.

With my modest provincial B coaching license, I dont begin to purport to have all, or any of the answers. That said, I do believe that the key to all of this is the proper development of players at the youngest ages.

To the extent that there has been any development in the past, its been because ONE coach has taken a "select" group of, for instance, 8 year olds, and trained them as "his" players... That group of a dozen or so kids gets developed, and the rest of the kids at that club at that age group get the coach who's only doing it because its gets him away from the wifey.

The problem has been that this approach has been repeated at every level along the way. Get the brand of approval, stay in the top program for life. Only its not life, because a lot of those players either burn out or dont end up being our best athletes once they hit their prime.

In the meantime, we've basically round-filed every other kid from the start of the golden age of coaching. This in a country where we KNOW we're going to lose a good percentage of our elite athletes who would prefer to chase a black disc around a sheet of ice. In other words, we've been doomed to miss what little we have. How often have you seen an absolute stud of a teenage athlete playing soccer at some middling level, with an absolutely abysmal first touch.

The good news is that the grassroots clubs appear to be getting it, at least in my area. It appears that the "academy" work is being offered to a much larger cross-section of player, and that the parents are (quite literally of course) buying in. Our incoming u13 teams are light years ahead of where comparable teams were even five years ago. And its not like MUFC is running away and hiding in the BCSPL standings - far from it.

There is a tendency to want to re-invent the wheel when things go as poorly as they did in Honduras. But maybe thats the problem. Every time we get a shocking result we want every head to roll and every development plan to be torn up and redone.

Maybe its time we have some faith in what we're doing at the youth level, and have the patience to see a generation of player through from grassroots, to BCSPL and/or Whitecaps, and on to the various national teams.

I could care less how the players who came up in the "system" of 20 years ago perform. It sounds like thats about when things started going sideways post-Waiters era (I was a 12 year old warming a gold team's bench so I defer to those of you with greyer hair). I care far more about how our u17, u19 and u21 national teams do in the next 5-10 years. I expect you will start to see considerable improvement in results which should eventually translate at the CMNT level as well...
My son is one of the strongest players @cmfsc at u8 level & is Playing in a development league ,that saying he Plays Saturdays & trains Wednesday's ,there is a Monday night development session for the kids & a Friday invite only,if he is that good why the fuk do I have to pay for him to be developed ,they should be offering it to good players for free,moving forward that's what is wrong with youth footy ,too much money been made & every parent been told their kid is good !how many octhese players make it to the pro level !!

The technical staff are way Over paid & care about how many players are in the academy's not how many players are you g to make it at the pro level ....

That's what's wrong with Canadian soccer in my opinion

Too much money spent at the grass roots level with no future at the top

Sid

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You cannot compare the two sports.
They don't play for a World Cup in Football (American style)
There is too big of a gap from youth and amatuer soccer to the professional game (MLS & Europe)
There needs to be a league where players can grow and develop as pro's.
Only then will we see more Canadians in the MLS and the better ones, or the ones with European Passports, will be playing in Europes top teams.
The bigger the base of home grown talent, the more players will graduate to better teams.
That is what the USA did after the 1994 World Cup.
It is no coincedence that they have grown as a soccer nation since that time.
Canada can not grow, if we do not have a place for them to develop.
Academies are needed by the MLS clubs, but they are not the answer for the Canadian National Team Program.
The CSA needs to get it's house in order and get it's own league and stop depending on the Pro Clubs.

Nope!! No way!! Not going to happen. This just makes way too much sense! Sorry, not here, not this country. Nope!

Back to the insanity.....

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
question for the ones who coach youth...

what happens if u have a 8 year old lighting up the score sheet playing U10? Can he be bumped an age group or does he half to stay at his age level?

Also is it just me or are there way to many coaches coaching for themselves trying to build their own trophy cases in our programs...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It realy does not matter how many goals kids score. When they go through puberty you will know if they have pace or not.
With out pace no chance for higher levels. In my opinion skill should me more important than your goals akslop
Just look at Will Johnston and you can see he has pace but lacks allot in skill.
Skill should have been his development before 16 years of age. Now it`s tolate.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
question for the ones who coach youth...

what happens if u have a 8 year old lighting up the score sheet playing U10? Can he be bumped an age group or does he half to stay at his age level?

Also is it just me or are there way to many coaches coaching for themselves trying to build their own trophy cases in our programs...
Luis Suarez is a goal scorer....Gerard is to but has a different approach to the game,he knocks the ball around like no tomorrow,like keane ,scholes,that saying I'm trying to make the simple passes @ u8 level & when they figure how to pass the ball is when the goals start coming in,that's why I tell my lads to watch Gerard !scholes!in one single game scholes touches the ball no more than 3minutes 39 seconds !same with Gerard
As per moving kids up two levels one maybe ,but there is a big difference at this age
Maybe start @8 years old and up to move players

Like the whitecaps ...having a donkey running thoroughbreds the donkaduzzi! Management will fuk the thoroughbred up and that's what will happen with the whitecaps & put mnt

Sid

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving kids up depends not just on stats but also physical and emotional development. He may be dominating u8 but would he do the same at u9? Depends on a lot of factors beyond skill - mostly enjoyment. If he isn't going to have fun playing u9 because his friends aren't there or isn't making any new friends there is no point.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
It realy does not matter how many goals kids score. When they go through puberty you will know if they have pace or not.
With out pace no chance for higher levels. In my opinion skill should me more important than your goals akslop
Just look at Will Johnston and you can see he has pace but lacks allot in skill.
Skill should have been his development before 16 years of age. Now it`s tolate.

Base it shouldn't matter but it does doesn't it? Isn't that the perception we put in our programs at the grass root levels? A result of 10-1 with an 80-20% posssesion game seems to be the way its taught rather than a 2-1 game and 51-49%..

Sid you are correct but what do we do to change our way of thinking here?

Obvious to me is to change the pitch size for the kids.. Keep the field small until the kids are 15 years old? Make them learn how to play that tight style I agree ,but how is what is up for debate.

First thing we need to do is get over the fact we a not a soccer nation and it doesn't come natural to most of us but we willing to put in the work to become one.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Moving kids up depends not just on stats but also physical and emotional development. He may be dominating u8 but would he do the same at u9? Depends on a lot of factors beyond skill - mostly enjoyment. If he isn't going to have fun playing u9 because his friends aren't there or isn't making any new friends there is no point.

All that is fine and understandable but if the kid is playing at a top level then the friend factor should not be a issue...and if it is they should not be taking spots up at that level if they are not emotionally ready. We need to stop thinking so old fashion with our kids.. most are not the same 8 year old's that we were. mentally and physically its a different beast we are dealing with

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All that is fine and understandable but if the kid is playing at a top level then the friend factor should not be a issue...and if it is they should not be taking spots up at that level if they are not emotionally ready. We need to stop thinking so old fashion with our kids.. most are not the same 8 year old's that we were. mentally and physically its a different beast we are dealing with

This is a touchy subject...for 99% of the 8 year olds, it is about friends and fun, whatever their perception of fun is. There may be 1% that show a true higher level of maturity and skills that warrant moving him up. So much can change in any kid between 8 & 12...I think you have to let those things play out.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
My son is one of the strongest players @cmfsc at u8 level & is Playing in a development league ,that saying he Plays Saturdays & trains Wednesday's ,there is a Monday night development session for the kids & a Friday invite only,if he is that good why the fuk do I have to pay for him to be developed ,they should be offering it to good players for free,moving forward that's what is wrong with youth footy ,too much money been made & every parent been told their kid is good !how many octhese players make it to the pro level !!

The technical staff are way Over paid & care about how many players are in the academy's not how many players are you g to make it at the pro level ....

That's what's wrong with Canadian soccer in my opinion

Too much money spent at the grass roots level with no future at the top

Sid

Soccer has become a big business in this province with the same people running the show for years and years. It is a basically circle (BCSA - CSA - Whitecaps) with the same people involved.

Pay attention to the Academy your son is attending. Compare spring and autumn sessions this year and then again next year (or with the last year). Ask yourself if your son has been offered anything new or keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. That is the main issue. Some kids are clearly more talented than the others but no one really cares. Yes, they will be picked for an HPL team or Provincial team but there is really no one out there to take a talented kid to the next level.

Over the years I have seen some great talents in this province. At the age between 10-13,14 those kids can play equally with the same age group in Europe (I have seen it and I know it). After that everything goes down the drain because so called professional soccer coaches in BC only know how to "abuse" the talent and not to brush it. When I say "abuse" the talent I mean they will use the kid's quality (for example, a great speed) and they will put that kid up front, send a few long balls during the game to that kid, he will score a couple of times on a few goal scoring opportunities and that is it! No one will work with your kid on improving what he is missing. When the age of 14 comes our kids in Canada are basically done. If they were in Europe they would be as good as European kids.

Obviously, it all comes down to the coaching and that is why I am saying this country is going nowhere with the same people (in that circle I mentioned) constantly being in charge.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer has become a big business in this province with the same people running the show for years and years. It is a basically circle (BCSA - CSA - Whitecaps) with the same people involved.

Pay attention to the Academy your son is attending. Compare spring and autumn sessions this year and then again next year (or with the last year). Ask yourself if your son has been offered anything new or keeps repeating the same thing over and over again. That is the main issue. Some kids are clearly more talented than the others but no one really cares. Yes, they will be picked for an HPL team or Provincial team but there is really no one there to take a talented kid to the next level.

Over the years I have seen some great talents in this province. At the age between 10-13,14 those kids can play equally with the same age group in Europe (I have seen it and I know it). After that everything goes down the drain because so called professional soccer coaches in BC only know how to "abuse" the talent and not to brush it. When I say "abuse" the talent I mean they will use the kid's quality (for example, a great speed) and they will put that kid up front, send a few long balls during the game to that kid, he will score a couple of times on a few goal scoring opportunities and that is it! No one will work with your kid on improving what he is missing. When the age of 14 comes our kids in Canada are basically done. If they were in Europe they would be as good as European kids.

Obviously, it all comes down to the coaching and that is why I am saying this country is going nowhere with the same people (in that circle I mentioned) constantly being in charge.
Coaching cert this that bollox to it
Like erring ton said Nobby styles would say. Can he fcuking play

My boy has been in all the camps & to be honest valente runs a good program
That saying there has been nights when Danny jones coaches and the sessions are way better
We need more footballers coaching not soccer players
There has been times when they play fcuking shark & tuna WTF
I'm not paying to have my boy run abound playing. Catch & chase
Give him the ball & let him play
There is also issues with systems & parents coaching their kids from the lines
If they got their kids to the pitch Let the coaches coach them
I agree about the pitches been to small or to big

They should be playing 11 a side @ u9 in my view
Growing up in Ireland as a young boy we played u8-u12 full pitch with 11 a Aida
I think it's better to challenge kids now
Also one more note
Get a guy like Dave moyes or someone with a football brain to run the show at the national level& maybe get Christine Sinclair to put the ball in the net

Sid

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0