Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canada Women @ Olympic Qualifying Tourney in Vancouver 2012

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enlighten me please on how that article you linked to constitutes another CSA fumble?

Doesn't and wasn't meant for that...

Just an article to read..

How does one of here skill get overlooked here yet can somehow crack a deep USA squad.

Speaks volumes to the flaws in our system..

The ones booing and calling her judas shows the ignorance of the so called "fans" here.. Probably started by southsiders?

Good for her.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overlooked?

She played for CANADA at the age of 14(!) in the U19 WC.

And it wasn't the southsiders calling her judas, it was Brett Lawrie's buddies.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have no issues with her capping for the states...but she shouldn't have a problem with "fans" calling her Judas either considering her time at Surrey FC (IIRC) and her capping with the Canadian Youth Girls teams.

She says that her plans for her future was that she's gonna be an american citizen, go to school there, and live there for the rest of her life. It is hypocritical of her to say "it's nice to be home" and pull on a Yank top though.

Her capping for the yanks isn't a CSA blunder, of all the things the CSA does wrong, they do a lot well or "right" with the womens program.

Interesting that today the WPS pulled the plug on the 2012 season... leaving a bunch of the girls in the dark for this year.

ESPN: Women's Professional Soccer suspends 2012 season amid legal dispute - ESPN
Ciara McCormack's take: Grade 12 PE Lessons, WPS and Borislow | Life as a Female Soccer Player

This is tough stuff for the womens game which seems to have picked up some steam, locally anyways with TV Reports saying as many as slightly over 500k homes tuned into the finals...

I guess the Whitecaps organization would be well positioned to pick up a bunch of these girls now as one of the dominant franchises in the W-League... hasn't there always been a bit of a dotted line between VWFC and the CanWNT?

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Overlooked?

She played for CANADA at the age of 14(!) in the U19 WC.

And it wasn't the southsiders calling her judas, it was Brett Lawrie's buddies.

LOL. how long has it been since Brett and Sydney broke up? Over looked might have been a bit harsh. My understanding is she was not getting the playing time and opportunity she thought she had earned and it left a bitter taste in her mouth. Can i say that? How could the CSA let this happen? We had her up until U-19 as u say. Canada is not a feeder system for the USA but where does this end now with here story becoming public? Are we the new Mexico?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Her story being Public? I don't think there's any magic here. She never said she left Canada because she wasn't playing or getting mins with Canada, it was always that it was better for her career and USA are better than CanWNT...

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Her story being Public? I don't think there's any magic here. She never said she left Canada because she wasn't playing or getting mins with Canada, it was always that it was better for her career and USA are better than CanWNT...

Umm that was said during one of the broadcasts and confirmed via interview with her mother...

how much more source u need?

You come down with footinmouthdisease again?

Dont tell me i am hearing voices. The meds cured that

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Umm that was said during one of the broadcasts and confirmed via interview with her mother...

how much more source u need?

You come down with footinmouthdisease again?

Dont tell me i am hearing voices. The meds cured that

You've essentially got heresay, whereas if that was really the case itr would've been quoted here.

Your a ttp'er this is the New York Fcukign Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/s...-dual-citizenship-single-minded-approach.html

I'll throw in USA Today for good measure: Canadian native Leroux puts herself on Team USA map

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've essentially got heresay, whereas if that was really the case itr would've been quoted here.

Your a ttp'er this is the New York Fcukign Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/s...-dual-citizenship-single-minded-approach.html

I'll throw in USA Today for good measure: Canadian native Leroux puts herself on Team USA map

Heresay? Kinda like reading your point of view on the voyageurs form?

Who's fault is it that she was allowed to do such a thing? Not her's as you and i would do the same should the chance be present. It's Human nature to do what she did.

I'll take here mother's word over a bunch of bitter women white cap fans anyday.

Bottom line CSA needs to close a loophole that should have never been opened in the first place.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't been to the V's board in eons, and I rarely pop in on the SS'ers board anymore either. In fact I just checked and as far as I can tell/remember I've never posted on the topic of Leroux over there...

That being said, I don't know what one has to do with the other.

Herdman wasn't CWNT manager at the time. Morace was IIRC.

Is Leroux lying that she always wanted to be a part of the USAWNT? I have pointed to two separate entries in journo-land, you said you heard someone on the broadcast say she wasn't given enough time and minutes with Canada...

I'd wage a guess that she always wanted to be a part of the Yanks team, lived in Surrey and thus participated with Canada until such a time as life, school, or resources allowed her to pursue the Yanks team, which she did as a U-20 and now as a full cap.

I don't see what's to debate. We'd be better off with her, we don't have her, that ship's sailed. Move on.

In other news supposedly the CANMNT is in talks with DeGuzman Jr. anyone want to debate that!? ;)

Colin Elmes

Aug 10, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Her last camp with Canada some years ago. Downstairs in teams hotel overhheard speaking to a family member on a pay phone. "i am not fkcing playing for this team(or country) ever again". So something acute occurred at that moment that ended the relationship

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Her last camp with Canada some years ago. Downstairs in teams hotel overhheard speaking to a family member on a pay phone. "i am not fkcing playing for this team(or country) ever again". So something acute occurred at that moment that ended the relationship

Colin can u expand on that? Iknow that uknow more than weknow. Who pissed her off and why?

U dont grow up with the intention of screwing the one's that helped make you.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leroux could very well be back with the Caps, she was the first overall pick in the WPS draft, but now the league's gone tits up (pun intended) the Southsiders could have "Judas" to deal with now that they have taken to supporting women too. ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0