Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Nationals Canadian BMO National Championship 2009

BC Teams @ Nationals

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Nobby.

What a weird year for Nationals... I wonder if this was the plan all along? Were teams told before the tourney what would happen if games were snowed out?

edgar d.

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR20, here on edgar d's name. had to laugh talking to a ref today regarding the "hit the ceiling with the ball rule".....he said, all refs have different rules. lol....ok i said, like wtf does that mean???? is there not a proper rule?

we all watched the other side today. wow, div 2 co-ed at best. a real sad display of football. the team from our group will win thid competition easy!

next game for us is vs sask, they are actually a very good team, and well, from what we hear, not good drinkers......so they might have the edge. as another team party is happening in rooom 1920. after that we have a shootout scheduled for 10pm vs whoever on the other side. if we lose,we will give bc at next year's nats a place in the shite side. so we have selected our 4 vets, doddy, shorty, nico, and jink to shoot, with 29 getting the last one. should be great laugh!!

coach is alive barely, he has sadly needed to take tonight off. as he says his gut is rotting! hopefully the little twat will feel better tomoro.

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Nobby.

What a weird year for Nationals... I wonder if this was the plan all along? Were teams told before the tourney what would happen if games were snowed out?

We were not told anything - but when are the teams ever informed in Canada!! We had a massive discussion at the team mtg about team colours and that the refs can only wear black or yellow!! So all teams had to compromise - what do we see - refs in orange + charcoal!!
We argued to get 90 min games, but were told it was logisically impossible with only 1 field.
Have to say though that I've been at 9/11 nats and this is the worst ever weather - even here in 2000 it was not warm, but not anywhere as bad as this. Only saving grace here now is that they have this superb, if a bit small, indoor field.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
9 of 11 Nationals? Wow. I knew you had been there a few times, but 9 is off the charts. You have to feel bad for the group of guys who will likely only get one chance to be a part of this unreal experience and will probably be left with sour taste when looking back on it.

I can honestly say Quebec in 03' is by far my fondest soccer memories.

sentimental,

KNVB

NobbyStiles

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
9 of 11 Nationals? Wow. I knew you had been there a few times, but 9 is off the charts. You have to feel bad for the group of guys who will likely only get one chance to be a part of this unreal experience and will probably be left with sour taste when looking back on it.

I can honestly say Quebec in 03' is by far my fondest soccer memories.

sentimental,

KNVB

Yeh, I do feel for the players who are only here once - not sure what else they could do though - so my approach is to enjoy it no matter what happens - we now class it as an indoor tournament!!

Would love to play all winter in this venue actually!!

Quebec was classic for us - esp when they made us play NS twice in 24 hours!!

Gorgeuos weather then as well!! 20's if I remember correclty.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU girls are playing for Gold tomorrow at 12 Sask time against AB who won all 3 games in thier group. SU was looking at needing a win to put pressure on Sask who was playing right after against MB, who I might add had nothing to play for. Even with a win MB was gonna be playing for 7th and 8th. SU scored in the final minute after Ont had taken a second yellow with about 4 minutes to go and went down to 10 players. Saskatchewan knowing a 2 goal win would put them in the final or at worst a one goal win forcing a tie breaker between us. They came out playing the trap and MB was unlucky not to be up a couple at half. Second half MB came out attacking, well Sask sat back, not sure what Sask's stragety was, but it cost them as they lost 2-0 to MB. Very impressed with the way MB came out to play with nothing to gain. SU ends up with 2 wins and a draw in round robin play. We still need to find our offense as we have only scored 2 goal and both have come late in the game. The positive though is we have yet to concede a goal.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van beat Saskatchewan today, and at this point it looks as if Manitoba is going to be going to the indoor final, up 2-0 over Ontario in the second half according to laylow...so close...

Sir M.

show

May 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Manitoba is up 2-0 and looking like they will represent our group in the roofball national championships.Must be the abundance of Spada-like players (pic to come).

Anyways, we're playing for 5th in the shootout. I was fancying our chances in longest kick or even pick the hand the whistle is in, but I guess we'll try our best in the shoot-out. Unless, we need to avoid the only other decent team in the tourny (alberta) for next year.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The PKs will be at 9PM Saskatoon time, although this National Championship placement game it is still rumoured will be decided by "whack a mole".

DCR20 is now warming up:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van won the shootout, Leo (just off a suspension), Geis, Alan, and Max scored. Desmond missed, but then Drew scored. 29 with two stops. West Van will finish 5th, with a shot at 4th.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure what happened, but there are rumours out there that a WV player was jumped last night at 7-11 and is now in the hospital??

edgar d.

Sep 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR, here, ya player was jumped at 7-11. he has concussion and some bruises, cuts the usual shite when some one suckers you while your pissed out of your head at 3 in the morning. the 7-11 is located beside the local bar. it is a lynnwood type bar X 50!!! where was eagles when we needed him!!!?

officially evicted from hotel at 4 this morning when 3 cops bust into our hotel room. you should have seen coaches face! fcuking priceless!!!!

good luck to columbus and surrey, bring home the gold!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Word on the street is that Callies dropped the 3rd place game to PEI.

I can't remember how the seedings work past the top 4... is this it:

Group A
1 | 4 | 5 | 8 | 10

Group B
2 | 3 | 6 | 7 | 9

Pirate - who picked up the concussion?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4th place? What the **** is happening to Alberta soccer? Larsson, come on, man...........sort it ****ing out. You have the ability to do it all on your own. You've told us here many times.

Disappointed the Callies didn't win three in a row................:rolleyes:

P.S. This is no knock against Nobby Stiles and the rest of the Callies players......just Larsson. :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0