Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canadian Premier League

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn...Tom Binnie would have been perfect. Langley I think is a step wrong right from the beginning.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm quite disappointed to hear City of Surrey couldn't make something work.

Kinda a no-brainer to try and do everything you can to make it work if you are truly trying to change the image of the city and capitalize on the growth happening... Cloverdale would be a stupid location but Central City with a transit hub and the transition they have done... fcuk me, just a lost opportunity.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Totally agree.

When Dude mentioned down at the Docks where the Scott Road SkyTrain is I thought that would have been awesome.
Or, up the road to Whalley/Central City too.
Maybe its because I grew up in the area and love the development there as of late, but yes, lost opportunity to put Surrey on the map.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm quite disappointed to hear City of Surrey couldn't make something work.

Kinda a no-brainer to try and do everything you can to make it work if you are truly trying to change the image of the city and capitalize on the growth happening... Cloverdale would be a stupid location but Central City with a transit hub and the transition they have done... fcuk me, just a lost opportunity.

This was exactly as I felt. Central Surrey option A, docks option B. Fairgrounds? Recipe for disaster, no easy way to get there. Langley? A thousand years away from a sky train or easy transit. To me it has to be either A or B, otherwise doomed to fail. Love Langley but doesn’t support sports well. Dunno. Maybe the Giants this year will change the tide.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to be the going opinion, but Regs mentioned here that Surrey is dead for the FV group, so looking like Langley, if any. Shame, Surrey Central would be perfect from so many different angles.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I agree. The transit access around that area is perfect for games.

Victoria to me seems to make the most sense at the moment.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Victoria would be the best choice for now and few years from now if the league is surviving get a team in Surrey. The league should avoid Langley like everyone else does.

LOL, but couldn't agree more. I think it'd be a bad fit there. Just a hunch, but considering all the semi-pro and Junior attempts there seem to fail, pretty good indication CPL would, too.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Say hello to your new owner, Mr awkward hands (far right in the photo djones posted)

Dshill.png

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know guys. I am very happy that this is happening.
To be honest, the one thing that have made me to decide to become even more of a supporter is this, and I will be buying season tickets:
"....We are also the most diverse country on earth, and that makes us unique. Our story is about the people. We’re a group of First Nations, immigrants, languages and cultures. We are driven by our desire to be the very best. Diversity is our strength. We are a Cultural Mosaic...."
http://canpl.ca/league-story/
Way to go!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0