Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Av will be fired.....Lindy Ruff will be hired and Schneider is nothing more then a glorified back-up

Honestly if I was running the team I would fire AV tonight. Put Edler in the press box and as the owner stand in the middle of the room and say boys this is your last shot, perform and find a
way to win this series or you will all be playing in different City's next season. Show me this group can win.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off...how did Lou not get the start???
Second....how do you not start the same way you did last game???

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bwahahahahaha. Quality. City in melt down.......

And the Flyers are where in the playoffs? Thought so - thanks for coming out.:rolleyes:

Not quite the way I expected this to play out, but then again, how many brain farts can Edler be allowed to have before he gets to pick splinters out of his arse like Ballard? Aquilini standing in the middle of the dressing room "motivating" the troops? Like that will help.

I had honestly hoped that there would be more players rising to the occasion than just those who have shown faint glimmers of effort over the last 3 games. Schneider looked shell shocked tonight, but what about the pylons standing in front of him on those 3 goals? Not good enough, but still not going to sell the farm and jump off the bandwagon like some of the fair-weather types.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trace I'd rather not make the playoffs than be embarrassed first round. Thanks for coming out. I truly love watching the reaction of Canucks 'supporters'. You have to admit.... Friday's loss was exceptionally clinical. Missed empty netter, give up goal with less than a minute left....you remember well I'm sure. OHares emptied quicker than your bladder after two beers, Trace. It was great to see loyalty like that. It's a 48 game season and the way the Canucks faltered down the stretch leads me to believe they wouldn't have made the playoffs in a regular season. Flyers on the other hand would have made it. :). So don't get to worked up over things. At the end of the day its whats Canucks fans are used to: losing and not winning a Stanley Cup.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hate, really HATE, saying I told you so.

The Canucks are, and have been for a long time, an overrated mob that suffers from a poor travel schedule, bad/myopic fans, and poor management decisions and coaching issues.

The Canucks coaching decisions have been strange at best. Lui was not the reason for losses in games 1 & 2, and yet he was pulled. This has an effect on the players like it or not.

Edler looks like an anxious ball of nerves compared to Frank Corrado.

The Sedins look slow and soft, and Kesler looks like Kesler, an awesome complimentary player that can go beast mode, but he doesn't make others around him better.

preparing to compete with Canucks for tee times...

edit* I'll add that this is precisely why i had issues with Gills at the deadline. and as forecasted- we are looking a lot like the Flames, who went to a cup final on a year they feasted on poor divisional opponents, caught a tide of good goaltending and healthy roster and then hung on to an aging core of players with too stoic and trusting a management and coaching group and are left with a non playoff team with nothing on the farm or draft picks wise.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, if they can shite their pants one more time on Tuesday, the weather is looking great for the balance of the week. I wonder how many of them are pre-booking their tee times?

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
However, if they can shite their pants one more time on Tuesday, the weather is looking great for the balance of the week. I wonder how many of them are pre-booking their tee times?

Golf??? This team cant score a puck into a hockey net......golf ball into a tiny hole seems more there game lol

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Edler doesn't like moving his feet- which is good for golf... he should have followed in Jesper Parnevik, Carl Pettersen and Annika Soremstam's footsteps instead.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Swedish guys are smart. They get traded to Tapa Bay where it is nice and worm. I could see them in Tempa next year.
We could use two big young guys willing to scate down the midlle of ice. But you just never know maybe they will come to play in a Viking hat next game. It's not over till the tubby mama sings.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the Flyers are where in the playoffs? Thought so - thanks for coming out.:rolleyes:

Not quite the way I expected this to play out, but then again, how many brain farts can Edler be allowed to have before he gets to pick splinters out of his arse like Ballard? Aquilini standing in the middle of the dressing room "motivating" the troops? Like that will help.

I had honestly hoped that there would be more players rising to the occasion than just those who have shown faint glimmers of effort over the last 3 games. Schneider looked shell shocked tonight, but what about the pylons standing in front of him on those 3 goals? Not good enough, but still not going to sell the farm and jump off the bandwagon like some of the fair-weather types.

The Canucks aren't coming back, you're right but it sure as shite would send a message. This team shows time and time again since game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final that they don't have push back, when the going gets tough they are fragile and crumble. AV is gone at the end of the year, I wouldn't wait. Play for your job, this so called "special" group that keeps thinking they have something good enough to win a Stanley Cup maybe needs something extreme to galvanize them. Maybe Gillis needs to come in the room I don't really know, but I know Abromovich has done it twice at Chelsea and the boys ended up winning two big trophies. And the players said when he talks you listen. The leaders of this team don't motivate anyone, sometimes it needs to come from a quiet player or someone different.

I also think AV has lost touch with what's best for this team. What changed in the 2011 Stanley Cup final, Sean ****ing Thornton changed the series. What did AV do as a response? nothing. We had the best team in the NHL and were out coached, I wont be convinced otherwise. What is AV doing now? going Edler in all situations no matter how poorly he plays. He has been not only the worst Canuck but the worst player in this series. I would be playing Ballard with Corrado, move up Alberts and have Edler in the press box. We lost 5-2 and Garrison was +1, why is he not on the top unit PP as well. Its Mickey Mouse.

I'm ready for whole sale changes. First time I have ever said that, laughed at any suggestion but we aren't built right and need to regroup and go in a new direction before we end up like Calgary. I'm ready for it, this group can't win it and the window is closed. Its been a fun 3-5 years feeling like we had a shot every year, we were spoiled but time on that has expired.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Raymond to explode in the next game....go squeak mode.
Sedins to throw down with Thornton and Marleau.
Cannata to start.
Guest appearances from Booth and Ballard to inspire the team.

Game 4 is a lock. Back to Rogers Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0