Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks 2016/2017 Season

Canucks will make the playoffs (early season edition)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the league! Trending well. All one goal games.
Looks much more structured. Having sutter healthy really helps. Could be a playoff year!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LOL, listen to you now.

Almost as bad as saying how great TTP is and then never following through with meaningful support.

#publicshaming101

:wa:

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still think it's best to bottom out. Still don't think this team is cup bound or makings a grand cup run. So really not contradicting much.
Ttp is alright. ;)

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From what I heard the draft year is not a great year and even a first overall pick is not getting you a franchise player, maybe a Yakupov. We all know we are not winning the cup but the best case this year is to make the playoffs as the eighth seed, leaves you with a decent draft position, try to enjoy a round and maybe even upset someone in the process. Young players like Horvat et all get some experience and hope we can find some diamond in the rough at the draft.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the rink Saturday and had a great time.
Mostly sold out and the crowd was buzzin for once.
After 2 periods anyway...:D

Yes, we shite the bed in the 3rd but fcuk man, its Chicago.
If they can play like that for three periods and get a healthy run with no injuries, that would be not too shabby actually.
It was great to see some bite and atmosphere.

The one thing I will say, and as good as they are, Toews and Kane absolutely pissed on the Sedins.
Pissed on them.
It was men against boys and it showed to me that the Twins are likely a 2nd line set up for us if we're to do anything in the future.
I love 'em but man, that was hard to watch whenever they matched up.
They simply couldn't get out of our end each time they had to go against the Hawks Top 2 guys.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Daniel fcuked up on that early penalty in the 3rd to put us on our heels.
I except better than bone head manoeuvres like that out of a seasoned pro like him.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think if the Sedin's were to speak truthfully they expected to be pushed down to the second line by now. Unfortunately with poor asset management and drafting we do not have any players who can legitimately be called a first liners. Horvat is the closest but I see him more as a second line center.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was at the Canucks Leafs tonight. Very exciting game to be at. Atmosphere was on fire but I give credit to the leafs fans for getting us going. It was like the timber army in there and we only chanted back to shut them up. Miller was outstanding tonight. Solid W.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willie gone after christmas. Green to coach big club and Virtanten to rejoin team. We will how ever still suck for another 3 yrs. Tough to watch These days. At least this one was exciting to see

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the goals against the coaches fault ? Miller lost focus perhaps but 4 goals in that time isn't cause coach was putting out the wrong lines. We simply are depleted on the back end and don't have the players. A coaching change doesn't change the results with this team.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is true @LION. Best in-game quote last night from the radio guys: "Canucks have scored 6 even strength goals tonight..........................and are down by one"

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They say a 5-2 lead is the worst lead (can't take credit for that, Mini Dude dropped that on the way home from training last night).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was the goals against the coaches fault ? Miller lost focus perhaps but 4 goals in that time isn't cause coach was putting out the wrong lines. We simply are depleted on the back end and don't have the players. A coaching change doesn't change the results with this team.

I know you are especially empathetic to coaches right now with unflattering records (I say that with all sorts of love and man crush for one @LION ), but I don't think he will or should last past noon today.

I think he's way over his head, and it's a personality trait he won't be able to overcome w/ this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0