Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Canucks trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base, I hear they're bringing back Anson Carter to play with the Sedins for the playoff run. Can you confirm?

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Connoughton would have been an RFA, so no, he wouldnt have left on his own... do you know anything about hockey at all???

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB you just do't get it. People sometime do't want to play for a club that shafts them Connoughton did not think that he got treated right after Canucks sent him down and gave Barker a chance. We all know Connoughton is better than Barker.
He wanted out. As far as hockey I could teach you one hell of a alote. You sound childish there is no need of talking about it with you. Come to West Wood Platoe golf course in the summer and you might learn a bit. Or UBC golf course.
Few guys from Canucks play there three four times a week.
Hard ballz i can not coment on you post no idea on your post.MKTB how big is Roy 5'9"
Still small for teams like LA, Sharks and Ducks.
He better get a big centre tomorrow or he will be packing his bags in the summer.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why would the Yotes give us Vermette, who is a usefull 3rd line centre, sometime 2nd line Centre, with a decent cap hit and another year left on his deal for Raymond who is an UFA at year end, and they're not going to make the playoffs?

Kipper has decided to stay put and retire in the off season. Lui back in play in Leaf Land

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bishop went to T Bay maybe Lui might be moved. I also think Shids might be moved. We could get way more for him. His name keaps on poping us on the screan. As you know we need a centre with size. Vermette would fit.
Vermette would like to be part of playoffs. Yotes might take two years to make the playoffs.French line in Vancouver would look good.
Trade talks are so dam borring this year. Last year at least we did see miner League players moving. Toronto does not want to give lots. Maybe Mcarther and a prospect. To me that's not enough for Lui. If we were to give Shids to Toronto than there nubmer one keaper should be comming here. Plus two roster players. We will see. Florida might still make a move for Lui.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To be clear, Base, a box of hockey pucks plus your old 1979 Bobby Lenarduzzi poster signed, "Don't stop believing, Mr. Base!" would have been enough for Lou.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks did nothing by all accounts and will have a VERY tough time making any serious run.

Gaborik was traded to the Hummers for Brassard (Same points totals or worse than Mason Raymond albeit he's a centre and has a year on his contract) Dorsett (Think Sestito) Moore (think Alberts) and a 6th round pick.

Gillis couldn't smell that out and come over the top?

We needed more scoring and the cap space should have been there to make an acquisition like that with all the cap relief they've been getting from Kesler, booth and Malhotra.

I'm not usually one advocating for trading for the sake of trading, but a move needed to be made more than just Roy. This team couldn't score on a middle aged thai hooker... and Gaborik went for middling players and spare parts...

Why do they need anything for Luongo? Should have just traded him for picks. Gillis is a schmuck- salary cap space is just as important as players and assets.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This team's window has officially passed. (If it hadn't already passed)

Sedins are 32
Burrows is 31
Bieksa is 31

outside of those 4 players the remaining core of the team signed for a year or more is:
Kesler 29
Hamhuis 29
Edler 27
Schneider 26.

Who's replacing the first line?

Only pieces in the cupboard is Brenden Gaunce (18) Nick Jensen (19) Corrado (19)

For next year they have 2 centres, no fourth line and 5 dmen signed with 1.4M in cap space.

Opportunity wasted. Fore!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well well here we go again pull ouit your golf clubs. Sisters are sliding, Lui is not Happy. Roy is tiny. Only chance if they bring six foot five Lain from the farm team to hit some one. Kassian should join balerina groop.In my opinion LA in 7 this year. Manager is a joke. All small guys vs three biggest clubs in our group. It will be only if Lui takes the spot and proves everbody wrong. I am sure Lui is pissed off with the club. He gave the club good name then they go and shyt on him. Toronto is also chiken shyt. They will get rocked by Boston. Look out for M-Sota this year.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base you couldnt teach me a thing about this or any game, please stick to getting your silver players to ride bikes in the off-season so that they can graduate to MLS...

Lou's comments could make this season a complete circus for the Canucks... Gillis better watch it; a number of his pickups are compliance buyout candidates, and now he's stuck with an albatross contract and a very disgruntled employee... the vultures are circling...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I was Gillis this is what I'd endeavor to do (all vetted numbers wise by the awesome CapGeek.com - The definitive source for NHL salaries, salary cap data and player contracts site and calculator app)

I'd buyout Booth and Ballard as the 2 allowable compliance buyouts you're permitted to make without any bonus applied to the Cap.

I'd try to trade Schneider instead of Luongo. Here's why:
1. The Nucks "Win Now" Window has probably passed
2. You will get a greater return for your asset in Schneider than you will Luongo.
3. Eddie Lack, like Corey Schneider once was, is considered the best Goalie in the ahl.
4. You could have Lack backup Lui for a year or two, as #35 did, and eventually take the reins from him

I'd propose a trade to another team with complimentary systemic issues, and strengths where the Nucks have weaknesses and vice versa, like Philly- who has cap issues and will likely do their 2 compliance buyouts on Briere and Bryzgalov. They also have one of the best centres in the league as well as two young centres who they cannot keep both of as contracts expire for RFA's in Couturier and Schenn. I honestly think the Nucks could swing a Schneider and Schroeder trade for Couturier or if they didn't buy out Ballard, a Schneider, Schroeder and Ballard trade for Grossman and Couturier. Both teams benefit and get cap compliance with some wiggle room to add the necessary additional nuts and bolts.

You then have a legacy plan in place to replace Henrik first (with Couturier) and Kesler eventually with Gaunce... The Sedins are up at the end of next year and will either retire or go year to year at reduced money. The Defense Core is in place and the team will remain competitive and reload rather than rebuild. The Nucks need to start behaving more like the Wings than what the Oilers are in the middle of, or what the Flames are trending towards.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here's your roster with the only things happening in the off season:
1. 1 doable trade
2. Resigning Raymond
3. Resigning Tanev to a repsectable raise
4. Re signing Barker, Weise, Pinizzotto, and Lapierre for acceptable dollars
5. You'd have some farm hands on 2 way deals to yoyo up and down when injuries happen

Not saying this team is winning the cup, but you're reloading towards getting better, you're still a playoff team and you're beginning a succession plan for the aging Twins in Couturier, Gaunce, Jensen and Kassian.

That's not an unrealistic amount of activity for 1 off season, but it would mean Gillis would have to buy out Booth and admit he effed that one up.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)
Mason Raymond ($2.800m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)
Dale Weise ($0.900m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.000m) / Steve Pinizzotto ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)
Chris Tanev ($2.000m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
Cam Barker ($0.850m) /
GOALTENDERS
Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)
Eddie Lack ($0.750m)
OTHER
Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,328,333; BONUSES: $450,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $421,667

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
MTKB if Gillas does not make it to second round of playoffs he will be gone and his coach with him. Ballard 4 mill will be buy out at the end of the season, Booth four mill onother buyout at the end of the season,Lui will stay here Shind will be sent to onother team. That's the only way they will have bit of cap to add a player or two. As far as silver players thats boys with balls and hart MSl that's the boys with backpacks, both equal when it comes to soccer. The only thing silver soccer only coast you$200.00 dollars MSL $8oo.00 HPL $2500.00 al same shyt. One in ten is athletick to play the sport after 18. Main reason all faild is in selection of athletick kids as U10 and on. You must be athletick to play the game at upper level. Or you will be ashfalt guy after 18. Just the way it is. Nucks are in against a roof for three months. Big Lane might come this way to pound few guys. Twins have turned off. In playoffs they turn of totaly. Maybe Roi will bring some speed and grit on the wing. Kassian will not hit the fly and hates like hell to scate down the midle. Kesler is the only guy that could muck it up a bit.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont have enough room to go into how many ways you are wrong Base...

JBN, did you just claim Lack is the best goalie in the AHL?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now I'm scared, Base echo'ed me for the first third of that tirade, then he came back to reality...

Henrik Sedin has a 75% point per game average in the playoffs career.
Daniel Sedin has a 70% point per game average in the playoffs career.
6'6 210lbs Kellan Lain is an undrafted College Pickup with all of 7 gp, a minus 2 and donuts in the goals and assists column... with 0 Pim's.
Also to add: "Roi" is a centre and not a wing, and has never had more than 60 PIMs in any one season, so yeah, that's grit... Kassian could "scate down the midle" except he's a winger, and I'd humbly suggest Kesler stays out of mucking it up to avoid further demonstrating just how fragile he truly is.

keep swinging base, maybe you'll give us a cold.

Tactically Inept

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thought I'd throw in my 2cents fwiw

I'd make slightly different changes - the guys I think should be dealt in the summer are:

Luongo - agree Philly could be a good trading partner. They need an all-star tender, not another potential or hopefully to be, especially after this crap season. I can see the pressure really being on them to do something and Bryz is a buyout for them (did you see him duck the puck last night - just a horror show). I'd try to get Couturier in a straight up deal, but who knows with the Lu contract. Other options are Shawn Matthias FLA or Casey Cizikas NYI.

Edler - now I know he has the potential of an continuous all-star, but really since his back injury I don't think we've seen the effort or inclination to get to where he should be so far. We could get a lot for Edler and with the other solid top 4 D we have, I don't see it being too big a risk. Lot's of potential trade partners for Edler I think and could entice a bit of a bidding war for a great return (too many options to speculate).

Raymond - I think there are a lot of better wing options out there for less cap space than he will be expecting, or maybe Jensen is just that bit more ready to take over, but unlikely at this stage. Also, Booth (see below) might be a better option. Raymond shown signs of what we hoped he could turn into with his shot improving, but just not enough for me.

Ballard - I think we could get some sort of return for him as he could just make a top four D man on some teams. Don't expect too many options for him, but it does free up some more cap space and maybe we only need a #6 D man in return for one more year with Corrado and/or Price seemingly making very good progress

I'd keep Booth - I think we started seeing some good signs of what he can do prior to this latest injury. I realize he wasn't scoring, but who has been? Get him together with a couple of good regular line mates and I'd like to see the results.

I think that's $17.3M of cap space freed up (less the $5.9M cap reduction and assuming Raymond would re-sign at around $2.8M/yr) to get you a 2/3rd line centre, a winger (if necessary) and the 5th/6th D men. Probably that's around $9M after the re-signs listed by JBN.

I think the 2013/14 team would have Schneider backed up by Lack. [$4.75M]
D additions should add some size/nastiness with future potential at a similar price to Tanev (think similar to Mike Weber - BUF, or Keaton Ellerby - LAK. Both RFAs next year). Edler could definitely get someone like that plus a couple of other considerations in a trade. Other than that you have Bieksa, Garrison, Hamhuis and Tanev as top 4. [total D around $20-22M]
That leaves around $38-40M for the forwards, with approx. 4-6M to get a good centre and another winger if needed. Could we keep Roy in that situation if he works out and is prepared to resign for a reasonable amount?.
Sedin, Sedin, Kassian [$13.1]
Booth, Kessler, Burrows [$13.75M]
Higgins, Couturier?, Hansen [$3.85M + C]
Weisse, Lapierre, Pinizotto [$2.6M]
Depth guy [$0.75M]

Anyway, just like everyone else - too many unknowns and assumptions to play this out, but another take on it nonetheless

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, did you just claim Lack is the best goalie in the AHL?
No, I said what i said, what I meant is: it's been said, as it was about Schneider.

he's been hurt all year, but was in and around the top of all categories last year in the AHL statistically. 46 gp, 231 GAA, 925 SP and 4 Shut Outs... on an average team. Scrivens and Bishop were the only guys ahead of him on GAA playing in the NHL Currently.

Also note the Wolves have been garbage defensively this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0