Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB and SFC Seperate

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phantom:

There is a fantastic club in Coquitlam, a mere 20 minutes down the road from Walnut Grove, by the name of Metro Ford.

They have top class coaching and facilities and welcome kids from other jurisdictions, like Langley, who didn't quite get what they were looking for out of a club like LUYSA, for example.

:cool:

RF I know Metro Ford well ;-). The fact of the matter is, after his experience at LUYSA (and he is a very good player with last year being invited to try for WFC residency) he no longer wants to play the game. He is now perfectly content playing hockey, even though he knows he is a house hockey player, he is having fun.

This is something that seems to be lost now with all this LTPD and HPL crap going on. It's all about money now and how many kids can we get into our program so the technical director can hit his quota and make somewhere between 101k-120k per year for doing what??? (Hello LUYSA) Just ask for their book, guarantee you will not see them as they have not given them to people in the club who have asked.

Hopefully Abbotsford stays wayyy clear of these guys in hopes keeping their HPL afloat.

I would recommend them reconnecting with LFC instead with the new blood recently brought in there.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phantom:

There is a fantastic club in Coquitlam, a mere 20 minutes down the road from Walnut Grove, by the name of Metro Ford.

They have top class coaching and facilities and welcome kids from other jurisdictions, like Langley, who didn't quite get what they were looking for out of a club like LUYSA, for example.

:cool:

a mere 21 minutes away a wee club in Cloverdale with top class facilities and coaches. Oh, and a new trophy case being built from all the championships picked up this year.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This stuff is all so confusing. HPL, Gold, bronze, yellow, Silver, Red-Green, Metro, Residency, house.

Whatever happened to just playing soccer. Get a ball throw the kids on the field in a small space, and let them play.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This stuff is all so confusing. HPL, Gold, bronze, yellow, Silver, Red-Green, Metro, Residency, house.

Whatever happened to just playing soccer. Get a ball throw the kids on the field in a small space, and let them play.

Gurps, if life could only be as simple as that. That's one of the major components of good coaching for players today; simplifying things in a world filled with an over-load of information. The quest to get better can cause undue stress and grief and sometimes we can go over the top.

It's here. Right in our face and we need to learn to function within it. My role as a coach has certainly had to keep up with the times, but at the end of it, your statement pretty much holds true sprinkled with the personal comments and actions to affect on the players from the coach.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gurps: when your wean gets old enough to be out on the field and you get dragged into the sordid mess of youth soccer politics, you'll understand why people like the DeRanger and I bang our heeds against the wall, and why Regs had previously banned something or other that we're not supposed to be talking about.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
a mere 21 minutes away a wee club in Cloverdale with top class facilities and coaches. Oh, and a new trophy case being built from all the championships picked up this year.

HJ, as I said before, he has no interest into getting back into soccer and he is only 12. Which is a prime age to keep them going, but the powers that be and the way things were done at LUYSA he pretty much said " I don't want to play anymore I just want to play hockey. I have more fun there." How can you argue with that.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Abby is done like dinner.......like Rangers FC from what I heard. Another one bites the dust.......
CCB will definitely be the major player in any partnership as they have the quality players to strengthen any team in BCPL and brilliant facilities. SU would definitely suffer as the talented players from Newton would have the chance to play BCPL with their own club and would not go to SU.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

21 minutes from the Grove, 16.5 minutes from 196a & 70th...ish.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
HJ, as I said before, he has no interest into getting back into soccer and he is only 12. Which is a prime age to keep them going, but the powers that be and the way things were done at LUYSA he pretty much said " I don't want to play anymore I just want to play hockey. I have more fun there." How can you argue with that.

That is too bad Phantom, whether the kids are playing bronze or HPL I believe the kids should always love coming to the field to be with their mates. We as coaches are responsible for facilitating a competitive environment where they are challenged and pushed to improve their game. But not at the cost of them quitting. Maybe he comes back to it down the road.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB will definitely be the major player in any partnership as they have the quality players to strengthen any team in BCPL and brilliant facilities. SU would definitely suffer as the talented players from Newton would have the chance to play BCPL with their own club and would not go to SU.

Ahhh, love getting the insight into people's characters. Perhaps it's just some illumination that is required to steer someone in the correct direction. CCB has many talented players. If they had their own BCSPL franchise, certainly they would/should retain many of them. But to state that SU would "suffer" because of it is your opinion. Define "suffer". What is SU's mandate? The majority of the club is recreational compared to elite and the mandate is to provide an enjoyable soccer experience for all. Geordie, don't define the entire club by the fact some talented players would not come to SU if CCB had a franchise.

SU will strive to provide an enjoyable soccer experience for ALL the players, placing them in the correct soccer environment to maximize their experience. The club will develop the players from a young age and whatever age, and those who choose to go to CCB or Coastal or CMF are free to do so. There will be no suffering. Suffering to me is not being able to put a meal on the table for my family, or being diagnosed with an illness preventing me from working, or the despair of losing a loved one. Not because a player has chosen not to come to our club.

It's very important to put things in perspective and just making sure that you know what SU's perspective is, and Geordie, that your comment is simply your opinion.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The majority of the club is recreational compared to elite and the mandate is to provide an enjoyable soccer experience for all.

This man get's it in a big way.
Nicely done Ballbaby.

Ahhh, love getting the insight into people's characters.

Agreed.
Like when they post only in this thread or the VMSL Masters Premier one but their egos refuse to post in the thread they actually play in.

Have a great weekend, ;)
RF

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This man get's it in a big way.
Nicely done Ballbaby.

Agreed.
Like when they post only in this thread or the VMSL Masters Premier one but their egos refuse to post in the thread they actually play in.

Have a great weekend, ;)
RF

Haha!!!

I also noticed that you didn't post that your Langley team beat us a couple of weeks ago and you didn't post about it. You were probably wondering why BB was keeping quiet about it, but I actually wasn't at the game and couldn't comment other than to state the result, AND I was waiting for you to make the first move.

But your psychological insight is second to none and that I am having a hard time accepting that I am an old, over-the-hill, a has-been, never-been, FVSL DIV 1 Master's player. By the way, I am loving it!

Have to get back on topic. I'll see you on the proper thread.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh, love getting the insight into people's characters. Perhaps it's just some illumination that is required to steer someone in the correct direction. CCB has many talented players. If they had their own BCSPL franchise, certainly they would/should retain many of them. But to state that SU would "suffer" because of it is your opinion. Define "suffer". What is SU's mandate? The majority of the club is recreational compared to elite and the mandate is to provide an enjoyable soccer experience for all. Geordie, don't define the entire club by the fact some talented players would not come to SU if CCB had a franchise.

SU will strive to provide an enjoyable soccer experience for ALL the players, placing them in the correct soccer environment to maximize their experience. The club will develop the players from a young age and whatever age, and those who choose to go to CCB or Coastal or CMF are free to do so. There will be no suffering. Suffering to me is not being able to put a meal on the table for my family, or being diagnosed with an illness preventing me from working, or the despair of losing a loved one. Not because a player has chosen not to come to our club.

It's very important to put things in perspective and just making sure that you know what SU's perspective is, and Geordie, that your comment is simply your opinion.

Yeah its my opinion and i,m saying if CCB gets a franchise or a share of it SU will be affected the most and i,m sure they are strongly opposing any merger as they will struggle in the BCPL leage as proved with the 2000 born boys this season.
The new trophy cabinet will most likely remain empty !

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well after reading the 3 pages of posts all i gotta say is

POOR KIDS :(

And shame of the selfish S.o.b's.. u know who u are ..
:curse:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its my opinion and i,m saying if CCB gets a franchise or a share of it SU will be affected the most and i,m sure they are strongly opposing any merger as they will struggle in the BCPL leage as proved with the 2000 born boys this season.
The new trophy cabinet will most likely remain empty !

Don't think this man gets it...

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0