Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB and SFC Seperate

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
This kind of stuff never happens in the FVSL. :cool:

CCB took over or bought out a VMSL team and have named it CCB ROVERS i think. The next step was to aquire a BCPL franchise and with huge sponsorship from Surrey Honda,committed top class coach,s, brilliant facilities, strong metro and gold teams the step into the BCPL should be easy.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB took over or bought out a VMSL team and have named it CCB ROVERS i think. The next step was to aquire a BCPL franchise and with huge sponsorship from Surrey Honda,committed top class coach,s, brilliant facilities, strong metro and gold teams the step into the BCPL should be easy.

Me thinks Mo money mo problems

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah its my opinion and i,m saying if CCB gets a franchise or a share of it SU will be affected the most and i,m sure they are strongly opposing any merger as they will struggle in the BCPL leage as proved with the 2000 born boys this season.
The new trophy cabinet will most likely remain empty !

CCB/Abby merger rejected by BC Soccer.
EA Sports BC Soccer Premier League - Update > British Columbia Soccer Association > Rotate News Article View

I wonder how long all those "great players" at CCB going to continue to be held back from playing at a proper competitive level.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They aren't being denied at all. BCSPL is an open-boundary league. There is nothing stopping CCB kids from joining any of the lower mainland clubs. South Fraser, Surrey United, Mariners FC, and CMF are all within reasonable driving distances. Plus MSL is a good league.

Perfectofc

Jun 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
They aren't being denied at all. BCSPL is an open-boundary league. There is nothing stopping CCB kids from joining any of the lower mainland clubs. South Fraser, Surrey United, Mariners FC, and CMF are all within reasonable driving distances. Plus MSL is a good league.

Understood - I was more responding to this quote :

"CCB ... have the quality players to strengthen any team in BCPL"

So why are they not playing in the BCSPL then?

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Because franchises were awarded to Surrey United, South Fraser, and CMF. The area is sufficiently covered. CCB, instead of partnering with SF or SU decided to put forward a bid in partnership with Maple Ridge of all the ridiculous places. (or does my memory fail me?).

The league must stay at 8 otherwise it will just become what metro was. Although Victoria and Okanagan are having huge struggles - much more than Mariners by all accounts.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
CCB had a number of irons in the fire and got burned... originally...

the non lower mainland franchises are actually fairly stable...

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Fairly stable." Time will tell.

With the MOU between Abby, Chilliwack, LFC and Aldergrove, the Mariners Hpl francise should be fine and you are right,time will tell"... Just nice to know Kasper and Begg steaming right now as they wanted full control and did not want to sign the MOU

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think reading between the lines of the BCSA report they are wanting Langley United to join the partnership. Mariners FC also stated on their web site that West Coast FC and them are in discussions. Regardless, the Fraser Valley has to be represented if the BCSA is truly wanting to have maximum exposure for players.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
They were in discussions with West Coast at the time and of course having Langley U and WCA would benefit the Mariners by joining.
The point your missing though is that for LU and WCA to join, is that they want control of the franchise (look at the Fraser F.C. document they proposed with no other club agreeing to it).
Then look at the MOU signed between the other clubs that the BCPL agreed to go along with (Stating a forming of a TRUE partnership between the clubs)

The attampt between LU and WCA was nothing more than a takeover attemp and if you have dealt with LU (I can`t speak for WCA as have not dealt with them) as I have you will know that it is nothing more than a money grab and that is all they really care about.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wrote some stuff but then deleted it because I know nothing factually.

In the end I don't get these "arrangements." The league is open boundary. Kids can play for whomever they want. If a kid from Chilliwack wants to play for Metro-Ford they can feel free. Any club can say "we support so and so franchise" but families can trial for any club the want. The issue being kids need a TD recommendation. But in the end, if a kid really wants to play for a club and a TD won't support that trial with a recommendation there are absolutely ways around it. You think a franchise is going to turn away a talented kid because the TD supports a different franchise? Not a chance.

WCFC and LU have both been open about wanting a franchise, definitely. It doesn't appear there was any discussion about MFC linking with LU, although the statement from BCSA (reading between the lines) is beginning to demand the two clubs start to work together - and in reality the adults need to sort their garbage out and get it done for the kids. The anonymity is such that u11 "A" games are starting to feel like Rangers-Celtic. It's ridiculous.

So CCB can't officially link with Mariners. So what. The kids can be urged by their coaches to go there, they can say "stay and play MSL and have fun and win games" or "go tryout anywhere you want."

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This stuff is all so confusing. HPL, Gold, bronze, yellow, Silver, Red-Green, Metro, Residency, house.

Whatever happened to just playing soccer. Get a ball throw the kids on the field in a small space, and let them play.
gurps you forgot to mention BROWN in your sentence

If yur brown in Canada yur East Indian
If yur brown in Cali yur Mexican
What do u call East Indians in uBA city Cali

Just saying

Sid

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wrote some stuff but then deleted it because I know nothing factually.

In the end I don't get these "arrangements." The league is open boundary. Kids can play for whomever they want. If a kid from Chilliwack wants to play for Metro-Ford they can feel free. Any club can say "we support so and so franchise" but families can trial for any club the want. The issue being kids need a TD recommendation. But in the end, if a kid really wants to play for a club and a TD won't support that trial with a recommendation there are absolutely ways around it. You think a franchise is going to turn away a talented kid because the TD supports a different franchise? Not a chance.

WCFC and LU have both been open about wanting a franchise, definitely. It doesn't appear there was any discussion about MFC linking with LU, although the statement from BCSA (reading between the lines) is beginning to demand the two clubs start to work together - and in reality the adults need to sort their garbage out and get it done for the kids. The anonymity is such that u11 "A" games are starting to feel like Rangers-Celtic. It's ridiculous.

So CCB can't officially link with Mariners. So what. The kids can be urged by their coaches to go there, they can say "stay and play MSL and have fun and win games" or "go tryout anywhere you want."

The clubs based @ NAP feel aggrieved at not getting a BCPL franchise or becoming an official partner with a franchise. The coach,s, who are dedicated to soccer all year round and have developed these players don,t really want to lose them to rival clubs like SU . The majority of parents are also loyal to these coach,s who have coached the kids since they were 5yrs old.
A lot of the players are happy to play Metro [MSL] during the winter and summer season in the USSL leage/tournaments which are way more competitive than the winter leages as most of the Newton based BCPL players come back to play in the summer.
Surrey Utd tried to stop them last season but they still played and will always stay loyal to the summer leage that developed them.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Geordie, but USSL is not as competitive as MSL or BCSPL. I know kids who play USSL too.

My point is - Surrey United shouldn't be a "rival"!! It's views like that that are a huge part of the problem in Canada youth soccer. It's not just a CCB-SU thing...it's throughout Lower Mainland, BC .... and it has to stop.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The clubs based @ NAP feel aggrieved at not getting a BCPL franchise or becoming an official partner with a franchise. The coach,s, who are dedicated to soccer all year round and have developed these players don,t really want to lose them to rival clubs like SU . The majority of parents are also loyal to these coach,s who have coached the kids since they were 5yrs old.
A lot of the players are happy to play Metro [MSL] during the winter and summer season in the USSL leage/tournaments which are way more competitive than the winter leages as most of the Newton based BCPL players come back to play in the summer.
Surrey Utd tried to stop them last season but they still played and will always stay loyal to the summer leage that developed them.

We tried hard. Set up perimeter road blocks but there were too many gaps. Electronic fences were useless because the kids knew how to de-energize them. Guard dogs were also futile because the kids would just kick a soccer ball and the dogs would chase. Hired some mercenaries from Africa and South America but the BC lifestyle grasped them quick and they were too stoned to know what they were doing. Finally tried to bribe them with Ipods and new boots. That seemed to do the trick. Some of them stayed.:rolleyes:

The "Rival" title is your personal approach to things Geordie. Keep making a fool of yourself.

By the way, our SU staff coaches have received training from the NAVY SEALS on confinement tactics so the kids don't stand a chance of escaping this year.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clubs must never have a strangle-hold on youth players. The BCSPL is supposed to be player driven. The player has the final say. Everyone involved in development of the player must have the player-first initiative affecting their actions. Of course this leaves a lot of room for interpretation because what is really best for the player? Let's hope that the actions and advice given surrounding our players are sincere, and ultimately received in that matter, with the player and parents being educated enough to react appropriately.

People need guidance and actually seek it. No one should be force-feeding anything. At the end of the day, a good environment will always draw what should be drawn.

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ballbaby - you,re the fool and no way u boys gonna stop kids from playing in the summer community tournaments.

USSL leage is U6 -U12 .The USSA summer tournaments start @ U13 and they are definitely way more competitive than the MSL maybe pretty close to BCPL. These same summer teams are dominating the MSL leage in boys U13 and U14 . Both are predominantly summer teams who came up thru the USSL and would beat most of the BCPL teams in their age groups.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0