Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB and SFC Seperate

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Geordie, but USSL is not as competitive as MSL or BCSPL. I know kids who play USSL too.

My point is - Surrey United shouldn't be a "rival"!! It's views like that that are a huge part of the problem in Canada youth soccer. It's not just a CCB-SU thing...it's throughout Lower Mainland, BC .... and it has to stop.
USSL leage is U6 -U12 .The USSA summer tournaments start @ U13 and they are definitely way more competitive than the MSL maybe pretty close to BCPL. These same summer teams are dominating the MSL leage in boys U13 and U14 . Both are predominantly summer teams who came up thru the USSL and would beat most of the BCPL teams in their age groups.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, why did you post the same thing twice? Can some MSL teams compete with BCSPL? Sure. Who cares? No one, really. Certainly not university or professional teams. The provincial team nor the Whitecaps care either.

I am going to stop engaging with Geordie now before the thread gets closed. Sorry Geordie, but your perspective is so far off base......

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby - you,re the fool and no way u boys gonna stop kids from playing in the summer community tournaments.

USSL leage is U6 -U12 .The USSA summer tournaments start @ U13 and they are definitely way more competitive than the MSL maybe pretty close to BCPL. These same summer teams are dominating the MSL leage in boys U13 and U14 . Both are predominantly summer teams who came up thru the USSL and would beat most of the BCPL teams in their age groups.

You are correct. I am the fool for engaging in this discussion with you. No more.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, bend over as you've just been given a massive boot in the ghoulies by Ballbaby.

It's about DEVELOPING players and the game of football..............

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie US is serious about soccer. Here they are split in to Ethinck groups. Burnaby is all Italians,Richmond mostly british,Surrey mostly Punjabi and on.
You can never have good soccer till you get rid of that.
In Us kids are selected by obility, here they get selected if they are board member kids. Not the same and can not grow till upper body does somthing about it.
Soccer schools coast way much for what thery offer to kids.
And in my opinion biggerst problem is kids that play Hockey use soccer as fitness program. They and their parents are not serious enough about soccer. It brings the level of soccer down in this Province.
Old boys just keap their jobs. No changes will be made here for a long time.
You must take your kids where soccer is. If they have it they will stick there.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base, you think USA is some mecca for ethical squad selection!?!?!

How do you expect youth soccer in the lower mainland, BC, to solve where various ethnic groups settle to raise their children???

Getting into the "should kids play multiple sports" discussion is a whole other can of worms. But if a kid/family is more devoted to one sport, even if the kid really enjoys another sport and is quite good at it, they should be putting their kid at the highest level of the sport they are devoted to, and at the rec level in the other sport. I know kids want to play with their friends though, and parents want their kids to be active and happy .... so it's a tough spot for parents! But ya, if a kid really has no long-term interest in soccer they shouldn't be on an elite team. It's not the fault of any given club. Kids turn up to tryouts and they pick the best kid they can.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, you are so far off base my friend (there's a horrible pun in there somewhere, but I'm not touching it)...loyal to coaches they've had since age 5? not so sure coaching fiefdoms are consistent with long term player development... just a hint...

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should add, sorry, to be clear, it isn't a "problem" where ethnic groups settle. Go right ahead and settle wherever you wish of course! I guess I meant to say "how do you solve a problem that isn't a problem".

I have so many questions and comments on this topic but we've all seen how carried away some can get on this topic! "Fiefdoms"....Yes, I've heard that is an issue in one or two particular clubs.

The Phantom

Oct 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, let's just put it all into perspective on why CCB, LU and WCA want to get their hands on an HPL franchise. It all comes down to MONEY!! Not very many clubs really care about the development of the player. It's all about how much cash can we bring in. Back when we were younger we didn't need any of these so called paid coaches. They did it for the love of the game ans there are many that still do

How much better are we now that we are paying coaches than we were with the ones doing it for the love of it????? Not a freaking lot better are we?

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie, let's just put it all into perspective on why CCB, LU and WCA want to get their hands on an HPL franchise. It all comes down to MONEY!! Not very many clubs really care about the development of the player. It's all about how much cash can we bring in. Back when we were younger we didn't need any of these so called paid coaches. They did it for the love of the game ans there are many that still do

How much better are we now that we are paying coaches than we were with the ones doing it for the love of it????? Not a freaking lot better are we?

The one and only time that Canada ever played in the World Cup was 1986!! I have to agree with Phantom's statement. I recall playing selects back in 1986 for Vancouver and I know that our coaches weren't paid, asides from a few oranges at half time.;)

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not very many clubs really care about the development of the player. It's all about how much cash can we bring in. Back when we were younger we didn't need any of these so called paid coaches. They did it for the love of the game ans there are many that still do

I honestly think that the coaching is better now regardless of the money. I can think of many coaches paid or unpaid who are doing a great job. Most coaches have real jobs and families so the money is deserved for the ones at the top end who dedicate a lot of their own time. Back in the day we did our best with what we had and the same can be said now but hey it will never be good enough will it?

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one and only time that Canada ever played in the World Cup was 1986!! I have to agree with Phantom's statement. I recall playing selects back in 1986 for Vancouver and I know that our coaches weren't paid, asides from a few oranges at half time.;)

We made World Cup cause we had a pro league.

concerned

Apr 7, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Canada ONLY made the World Cup because the Host was Mexico and they automatically are in so Concacaf had an extra spot. We back doored and then got back doored

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
again, its irresponsible to comment on a club being done without a scintilla of evidence to back it up...

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I have posted this before but many of the coach,s are not fully committed to or have a clue about Football[soccer] and many are coaching select teams because:
They lick up to the TD
Will not speak out about the problems @ tryouts where many players are selected on who their parents are.
There is an old boys network/establishment amongst certain clubs/coach,s in the more affluent areas of Surrey who have so much influence on minor to major issues even though half of them don,t have a clue about coaching or tactics.

This old boys network/establishment have so much influence but gradually others are fighting back to break down the barriers !

Even amongst members on TTP the old boys network/establishment seems to have strong connections!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0