Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CCB and SFC Seperate

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geordie US is serious about soccer. Here they are split in to Ethinck groups. Burnaby is all Italians,Richmond mostly british,Surrey mostly Punjabi and on.
You can never have good soccer till you get rid of that.
In Us kids are selected by obility, here they get selected if they are board member kids. Not the same and can not grow till upper body does somthing about it.
Soccer schools coast way much for what thery offer to kids.
And in my opinion biggerst problem is kids that play Hockey use soccer as fitness program. They and their parents are not serious enough about soccer. It brings the level of soccer down in this Province.
Old boys just keap their jobs. No changes will be made here for a long time.
You must take your kids where soccer is. If they have it they will stick there.

Spot on Mr Base

Some of these Elite academies and travelling teams are just a way of making easy money-there is very little development !

Ever so friendly lick up coach,s and lick up parents will always be able to place players on teams way above their level !

The old boys and ... licks are a huge problem who will try every trick in the book to prevent newcomers or anyone with fresh ideas from getting a look in !

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
not my role to provide updates on the BCSPL. but correcting blithe comments like "Abby is done like dinner"... yeah, I'll do that...

STASHER

Apr 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the burning question that everyone wants to know is, with any Surrey Break-up who got the 5th Wheel ??????

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spot on Mr Base

Some of these Elite academies and travelling teams are just a way of making easy money-there is very little development !

Ever so friendly lick up coach,s and lick up parents will always be able to place players on teams way above their level !

The old boys and ... licks are a huge problem who will try every trick in the book to prevent newcomers or anyone with fresh ideas from getting a look in !

You are really adding credibility to your already fantastic argument by quoting and agreeing with Base. I'm not sure why your facing so much opposition on here, or on the pitch....

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey FC partner with Coastal FC. Coastal FC have given themselves the monicker "The Club"!??!? Weird.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Legalese mumbo jumbo no doubt ... or whomever "wrote" the article did a poor job of selecting a template from some Idiot's Guide to Writing and applied it in poor context.

Robin Regnier ("Regs" or "the poster") approves of this post. Not so much the partnership though.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to be just youth. It's up on both SFC and Coastal's site. SFC's twitter says BCSA/BCSPL approves the merger. It's a merger which makes some sense as...and this is a guess...SU and SFC I guess can't possibly work together.

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it's a regional partnership and not a merger as to the website. Those are very different things.

If it's like most BCHPL "regional partnerships", they only come together for HPL matters (player promotion, scouting, coaching etc...).

SURREY FC

GEORDIE

May 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seems to be just youth. It's up on both SFC and Coastal's site. SFC's twitter says BCSA/BCSPL approves the merger. It's a merger which makes some sense as...and this is a guess...SU and SFC I guess can't possibly work together.

Great news for the start of 2013 .

SFC and Coastal FC will work well together and this partnership will definitely help the South Fraser BCPL teams. The start was made last season with alot of players from SFC joining their 2000 born BCPL team who finished top of the leage.

steelie

Nov 3, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
^all I know is what's posted....in the world of youth soccer things can change even when agreements made. Sadly.

Kids from Maple Ridge driving to Richmond? Only seems logical if it's the staff driving to the players. Haha, if I had a kid there you can be certain they'd not be making that trek!

You have to do what's right for your kid's development, even if that means driving him to Richmond from Maple Ridge, or you find a club closer to your home. I am currently driving my boy to play for Mountain and we live in Chilliwack. There are actually a couple of girls out here that play for Coastal, and Coquitlam as well. Call us crazy for doing it, but it is the best thing I have done for my son, because of the training and playing environment he has been put into at Mountain.

ThiKu

Nov 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
^to each their own. But, I disagree. (not disagreeing that Mountain may have the coaching you guys are seeking - I am not referring to that).

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0