Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2003/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A typical Hoop post...

CELTIC ANNOUNCE £4M LOSSES

Celtic lost £4.474 million in the 12 months to May this year, a rise over over £2 million on the previous year's figures.
Prior to interest and tax, Celtic lost £4.585 million last season compared to the £2.077 million deficit reported for the previous 12 months.

The club estimate their European run last season, which ended in defeat by Porto in Seville in May, brought in £10.2 million, but that was offset by losses on player transfers amounting to £10.8 million.

Chairman Brian Quinn admitted news of the losses would be hard to accept for fans who had expected last season's European adventure to strengthen manager Martin O'Neill's hand in the transfer market.

He said: "Many fans and commentators may find difficulty in understanding how the club could reach the UEFA Cup final and still show an increased pre-tax loss for the year.

"In the meantime, serious efforts continue to improve the cost profile of the company recognising, of course, that excessive cost cutting can prove counter-productive.

"Some degree of sanity is returning to the game after a period of over-exuberance.

"Though it may sometimes seem tempting to go against this trend and speculate on future success, Celtic will not be doing so, while maintaining our drive to be successful in domestic and European competition.

"The board will seek to continue to strike the balance judiciously."

Celtic also saw their overall debt rise slightly last season, up by over £1.3 million to £17.78 million, as they conceded the Bank of Scotland Premier League title to Rangers on the final day of the campaign.

With 53,464 season ticket holders, as well as an extended run in Europe, Celtic recorded a jump in ticket sales which stood at £30.48 million, helped by a 10% hike in season ticket prices.

The amount of money immediately available to the Celtic board rose slightly last season, with the club now boasting £753,000 in the bank compared to £533,000 the previous year.

Wow, they are WAY better off than the Gers!!!:rolleyes:
Not that I give a shite how their books are balanced, I just think it is kind of Ironic that Steve, Jinky and the like dig the Gers for heavy debt... I guess the Title last year meant something after all??? :eek:

Ps. Rangers 2 FC Coppenhaggen 0 (in Denmark):knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point, Guinness. 90 million and 4 million pounds are the same thing. Thanks for clarifying that. As for your 2- 0 prediction, the FOD's defense will be opened up like a bitch in heat, by Todi and company. How fcuking tight is the noose around McLeish's neck now? :wa:

Hail! Hail!

Captain

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
McLeish's noose

About as tight as the noose your missus had around yours Sunday morning when you finally made it in!!!:eek:

Where were ya Sunday???:confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No chance....McLeish's is WAY tighter...

About as tight as the noose your missus had around yours Sunday morning

I didn't get in trouble at all. I phoned on Saturday and said if I wasn't home in an hour(around 8:00 I think) I wouldn't be home until the next morning. I came home at 8:15am and everything was good.

I was just going to sleep at that time, so there was no hope in hell that I was getting up to see Pocomo play at 11:00. :)

To stay on topic, Rangers will be knocked out of the Champions League and I won't be disappointed.

Captain

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Condiments and drinks.

I agree with you Giunes the Scottish cups probable did bolster the Gers accounts. They can now afford nicer salt and pepper packets and 5 more tins of condensed Bovril.:p

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Julius Caesar was addressing the crowd in the Coliseum.

"Friends, Romans and Countrymen, lend me your ears. Tomorrow I take our glorious army to conquer Northern Europe and I shall start with France. We shall kill many Gauls and return victorious."

The crowd are up on their feet "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar".

In the background, Brutus turns to his mate and says "Caesar doesn't half talk some sh1te eh? He couldn't fight his way out of a wet parchment bag."

Six months later, Caesar comes back having conquered France and addresses the crowd in the Coliseum.

"Friends, Romans and Countrymen, I have returned from our campaign in France and as I promised, we killed 50,000 Gauls".

The crowd is up on their feet again.

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar".

Brutus once again turns to his mate "I'm sick of his bullsh*t. I'm off to France to check this out."

So Brutus sets off for France. Three weeks later he comes back to Rome, just as Caesar is addressing the public in the Coliseum again. Caesar is giving his usual patter to the assembled throng, "Friends, Romans and Countrymen, tomorrow we set off for Britain and we are going to sort those b******s out!"

The crowd is up on their feet. "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, hail mighty Caesar".

Brutus jumps up and shouts, "Caesar, you are exposed as a liar. You told us that you had killed 50,000 Gauls in France but I've been there to check it out and you only killed 25,000!"

The crowd is stunned and all sit down in silence.

Caesar gets up and looks slowly round the Coliseum then across at Brutus and says,

Wait for it...
Wait for it...
Wait for it...

"Brutus, you are forgetting one thing... Away Gauls count double in Europe."

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Todays results.

Sparta Prague (Cze) 2 - 2 Vardar Skopje (Mac)
Sparta wins 5-4 on agg.

FT Chelsea (Eng) 3 - 0 Zilina (Slk)
Chelsea wins 5-0 on agg.

FT Wisla Krakow (Pol) 0 - 1 Anderlecht (Bel)
Anderlecht wins 4-1 on agg.

FT Deportivo (Spa) 1 - 0 Rosenborg (Nor)
Depor wins 1-0 on agg.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hartson's back

John Hartson finally looks set to make his long-awaited return to the Hoops starting line-up on Wednesday night for the second leg of the final Champions League qualifier against MTK Hungaria at Parkhead.

The Welsh international striker has not figured since the Old Firm win at Ibrox in April after having surgery on his back, but he showed no reaction after playing 90 minutes for the under-21s on Monday.

Joos Valgaeren joins Johan Mjallby on the sidelines; the Belgian defender, like his Swedish team-mate, is ruled out with a knee injury, but should be fit for Livingston on Saturday.

Also doubtful for Wednesday's clash at Parkhead is Momo Sylla, who picked up an ankle knock at Firhill, but Didier Agathe and Jamie Smith have both returned to training after missing that game.

Martin O'Neill has, for the second time in less than a month, cautioned against complacency ahead of the second leg of a European tie.

As against Kaunas, Celtic are 'defending' a 4-0 aggregate lead, but the manager is keen his team approach the game in the right frame of mind.

"I want us to win and play as well as we possibly can," said O'Neill.

"There's lots at stake and it is a big big game for us. Four-nil is a very handsome lead and is one I wouldn't want whittled away.

"I wouldn't want to be presumptuous. I'm looking forward to the game. I'm a bit apprehensive about it, but if we approach it in the proper manner then we won't ruin it."

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huns are in the driver's seat....

FC Copenh'gen (Den) [0 - 1] Rangers (Sco)

30' Sibusiso Zuma

45' Thomas Røll Larsen Fernando Ricksen

51' Urmas Rooba

52' [0 - 1] Mikel Arteta (pen.)

Hard to believe it was a penalty.

Smooth sailing for the good guys in green and white.

Celtic (Sco) [1 - 0] MTK Budapest

13' [1 - 0] Chris Sutton

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If suspense is killing you, then this will more......

FC Copenh'gen (Den) [1 - 1] Rangers (Sco)

30' Sibusiso Zuma

34' Khizanishvili

51' Urmas Rooba

59' Barry Ferguson

73' Shota Arveladze

83' [1 - 1] Alvaro Santos

Lots of cards by the looks of things. It looks like it is heading into extra-time and possibly penalties......

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huns are through.....

FC Copenh'gen (Den) [1 - 2] Rangers (Sco)

30' Sibusiso Zuma

34' Khizanishvili

51' Urmas Rooba

59' Barry Ferguson

73' Shota Arveladze

83' [1 - 1] Alvaro Santos

87' [1 - 2] Shota Arveladze

Talk about drama. It looks like the FOD will be playing 6 extra games this year, like the Hoops and get some much needed cash. I would be lying if I said I was glad they won. So I won't.

Lucky cnuts.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guan ya Dancer!!!

Fcukkng drama!!!:(
I nearly had a heart attack (I'm some of you tims wish I did);)

Follow Follow!!!:knvb: :wa: :bronco:

Champions League here we come!!!:D :cool:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers can barley beat a team from Denmark, how will they compete with the mighty Italian sides and the Man Us and the Reals???

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Glory, Glory Glasgow Rangers

Jeez Wally, how can you say that?
I mean, of course, Rangers will absolutely fcuking drill Real and Inter - nae bother. :rolleyes:
Man U too I'd imagine.

Give me a fcuking break.
PS - There's like tons of sides in this tournament buddy.
And, FC Copenhagen was touted as an anomly in the qualification stages regardless from which league they came from.
Once in a while smaller countries' league entrants can surprise.

Don't yap too much pisan, I remember Juventus coming away with their arses well scathed in Turin except for the fact a shocking peno was called in the 90th minute when they last played against the Hoopsters.

Let's go Rangers!

:knvb:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
European Cups - Champions League (qual.)
23:44 August 27

FT Lok. Moscow (Rus) 3 - 1 Shakhtar Donetsk (Ukr)

FT CSKA Sofia (Bul) 0 - 3 Galatasaray (Tur)

FT FC Copenh'gen (Den) 1 - 2 Rangers (Sco)

FT AEK Athens (Gre) 3 - 1 Grasshoppers (Swi)

AET Ajax Amsterd. (Hol) 2 - 1 Graz AK (Aus)

Pen. B'sia Dortmund (Ger) 2 - 1 Club Brugge (Bel) *
Brugge win 4-2 on penos
FT Celtic (Sco) 1 - 0 MTK Budapest

FT Dinamo Zagreb (Cro) 0 - 2 Dynamo Kyiv (Ukr)

Pen. Newcastle U. (Eng) 0 - 1 Partizan Belg. (Yug) *

FT Slavia Prague (Cze) 2 - 0 Celta de Vigo (Spa)

FT Marseille 0 - 0 Austria Vienna (Aus)

86' Benfica 0 - 1 Lazio (Ita)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fetticini Alfredo (you know who you are)

Originally posted by zenga
I wasnt talking about the Hoops I think they will do well.

Rangers will not win a game.

Want to put any wagers were your mouth is???

I don't care who Rangers draw, they'll put a scare into possible 2nd group qualifying!!! We'll see I guess...

ZengawanttobettheGerswillwinagame???;)

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Possible 2nd group qualifying!!!

First dickhead there isn't a 2nd group phase this year it goes straight to knock out.

Second great confidence in your shite team POSSIBLE qualification for the second phase.

I hope Inter draws Rangers. The Ranger players would shite themselves coming out of the tunnel in the San Siro.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Backing out are you???

I knew they threw bags of piss @ The Azteca, but those wops are dirty bastards throwing bags of shite!!!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0