Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
congrats to the lfc faithful. when you take out teams with such stature in your pusuit of the cl trophy, being underdogs almost the whole way, you can definately take pride in a job well done. i guess i have to eat my words and swallow my pride as they took out two from my country on route.

what an amazing game to watch. such a roller coaster ride that almost made me puke at the end but i guess someone must lose. don't really want to sound like sour grapes, but did anyone else feel that the milan shooters and their keep didn't really seem all that interested in trying to win in pk's. show some fcukin emotion!! also i think ac's keep should have had the gerrard header, as you've got to lay out for that ball and not hope its wide.

lfc's keep is an absolute zoo in his pk prep. how far off the line can you get before the ball is struck.........answer me that one!!!

butimnotbitteroranything :(

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want to make a parallel in the PKs, you can do no worse than GK Brian Brum of Sporting vs Vantreights and the Surrey - Sporting PK shootout (although I didn't see it). The Liverpool GK seemed to psyche out the Milan shooters. He was very lucky that a retake didn't happen on the one.

It was a great result if you were a LFC fan but totally a f..k up if you like AC Milan. To lose is one thing, but to do it after a 3 goal lead at the half is brutal.

Walls, I don't know you can fault the Milan shooters for anything other than being totally shell shocked after giving up 3 goals in 6 min. They did take some bad penos.

Bruce Allen, the singer manager, was on Mojo 730 yesterday saying how the GK for LFC reminded him of Bruce Grobelaar when he was with the Whitecaps - a followup to the comments by the game announcers. He did add Bruce's troubles with the money offers which you'd expect.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gutted

Congrats to all Liverpool supporters. Being part WOP, and a huge Maldini fan, that was tough to take. A monumental bed shitting, No arguements there......But.......this statement is a bit strong IMO:

LFC2 said:
Shows the arrogance of the Italians as far as I am concerned. By far the more talented team on the night, but severely lacking in the heart department.

I'll say this in closing, and I'm sure it will garner some attention from the bias English soccer supporters. Gerrard is a brilliant player and leader, but if he were wearing white yesterday, and his name was slightly altered to read something like 'Gerrardini' you'd all be talking about how he dove, and embelished to draw the PK for the tying goal. :D I only caught one angle, but to me it looked a little soft. No?

Regs, I'll be changing my avatar when I get my cash in. I think the one with Maldini hoisting the CL Cup has run it's course. :(

~Target

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After that game, perhaps England will forget about that ManU comeback a few years ago. grumble-grumble-....

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Traore Reveals Milan Half-Time Party
5/27/2005 12:33:00 PM
Liverpool defender Diimi Traore revealed AC Milan were already partying at half-time as they thought they had already won the Cup.
“When we came back to the locker-rooms we heard the Milan players who were already celebrating the Champions League victory. They celebrated as if it was over, as if they were already the champions. This got us mad, and gave us that desire to comeback,” said the Mali star.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
bertrum said:
Traore Reveals Milan Half-Time Party
5/27/2005 12:33:00 PM
Liverpool defender Diimi Traore revealed AC Milan were already partying at half-time as they thought they had already won the Cup.
“When we came back to the locker-rooms we heard the Milan players who were already celebrating the Champions League victory. They celebrated as if it was over, as if they were already the champions. This got us mad, and gave us that desire to comeback,” said the Mali star.

Skip???
BTW, biased or not, I really don't think there was any question as to whether Gerrard got clipped or not. He was in full stride, and it takes little to put somebody down at that point, just ask Lion. Insert smiley face.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
LFC2 said:

Unless the two teams shared a dressingroom...........or the walls between the two rooms were EX-TREME-LY thin, I doubt very much that any player from one team could hear players from the other. Much less, over what must have been mayhem in the tunnel, and in the stadium during half time.

I'd consider the source of the information, and once again chalk it up to kicking the WOPS while they're down. You all love to hate us. :D

I'm done on the matter. Enjoy.

~T

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
who would you consider as the best then suka?

well PSV made them look slow and old in both games. Yes even though they didn't score in the first game. Liverpool found holes. Keep Jaap stam, get rid of all the Italians. Italians always find a way to blow a lead :eek:

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Italians may blow leads........but at least we don't blow Donkeys, like you. :eek:

Alright, really......I'm done. :D

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Israeli army squad in cup final invasion

Chris McGreal in Jerusalem
Saturday May 28, 2005
The Guardian

The commander of an Israeli army squad has been suspended after his patrol took over a Palestinian home and confined the family to a spare room so the soldiers could watch Liverpool's victory in the Champions League final.

A Palestinian youth, Anan al-Zrayer, told Israeli television that he was stopped in the West Bank town of Hebron by soldiers who asked if his family had satellite television.

After he confirmed that it did, he said the soldiers barged into the house, forced the family out of the living room and settled down to watch Wednesday's final between Liverpool and AC Milan. "I gave them the remote control and they carried out a search. We were kicked into another room," said Mr Zrayer.

Yesterday, an Israeli TV channel showed broken furniture and windows in the Zrayer home that the family said were damaged by troops.

The military confirmed that the five soldiers and the commander took over the house to watch the match but said they only stayed for a few minutes, and did not break anything. The only Palestinian at the house was the youth who let them in.

However, the army said such behaviour was unacceptable and was being investigated. "The commander in charge has been suspended from duty and further disciplinary measures will be taken against the soldiers."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0