Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best night since we won the FA Cup a few years ago. If not a Chelsea or Liverpool supporter, maybe not so compelling, but the drama surrounding this game was outstanding. A absolutely brilliant stand in the back by Carragher, Hyppia, Finnan and Traore. One real save needed off the Lampard free kick and a shank by Gudjonnson(sp??) in the end and we are off to Turkey.
Anyways on this day, a very proud supporter and not just a supporter for a change. Still did not see a good angle of the goal, but I guess you could debate that as the penalty would have been awarded, and thats a gimmee, right???

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool 1 Chelski 0

Wow ......... Garcia wins it in the 5th minute for the Scousers.

A major, major upset at Anfield today that sees Liverpool make it to the Final.

I can hear the Turks rejoice already as the Final will be played in Istanbul. After this game, I'm sure English teams will be kicked out of European Competiitons ......... again :rolleyes:

Apologies to Fastshow and Terrytoo but does that Paddy commentator on ESPN get on anyone else's tits ?? What a useless cnut ..... how many times in a year can this muppet get names wrong, facts wrong and just generally makes idiotic comments during a match :rolleyes:

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting discussion on BBC5 Live right now about the goal. Good points in regards to if the ball did in fact not go in, by the letter of the law Cech would have received a red, a penalty would have ensued and 86 minutes of a 10 man Chelsea irregardless of the penalty being converted or not.

Any which way, barring a protest to the UEFA, and a head shaker of a decision to replay the game, Liverpool are through.

SofaKingGood

Sep 9, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool baby, asfter todays' result, the 20 years was worth it. I too typsy to keep on rambling, we've been given'er since 11am. Anybody know where a few Reds supporters can watch the game on May 25th?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
Liverpool 1 Chelski 0

Wow ......... Garcia wins it in the 5th minute for the Scousers.

A major, major upset at Anfield today that sees Liverpool make it to the Final.

I can hear the Turks rejoice already as the Final will be played in Istanbul. After this game, I'm sure English teams will be kicked out of European Competiitons ......... again :rolleyes:

Apologies to Fastshow and Terrytoo but does that Paddy commentator on ESPN get on anyone else's tits ?? What a useless cnut ..... how many times in a year can this muppet get names wrong, facts wrong and just generally makes idiotic comments during a match :rolleyes:

What the fcuk is a 'Paddy'? Is that the same as a 'munge' , 'limey', or 'spic'? Just curious. And to answer the last question, probably about as many times as you get decisions wrong when your refereeing. Carry on.

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BTW, the game was fcuking boring but if you're a Liverpool fan, well done and I hope you enjoy your moment in the sun. If you're a Chelsea/Rangers fan, you can GIRUY. :D :p

Hail Hail the Celts aren't there

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SofaKingGood said:
Liverpool baby, asfter todays' result, the 20 years was worth it. I too typsy to keep on rambling, we've been given'er since 11am. Anybody know where a few Reds supporters can watch the game on May 25th?

The FA Cup win at the Barnet in Port Moody was as good as I have ever seen it. I remember on the day that it was packed and about 9 to 1 Liverpool supporters to Arsenal. Great atmosphere in that place. Run by a chapter of the Celtic Supporters Club I believe.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, it is/was LFC2. Once again, congrats to yourself and all your fellow supporters and make sure you take the day off, as your team will not be in too many CL finals in the near future, much like Celtic in the UEFA Cup final a couple of years ago.

Hail Hail

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Liverpool as I hate Mourinho. I wonder if Dap will appear on here anytime soon. Maybe not the best match but it had its moments. The goal was questionable but whatever they should have called a penalty anyways.

Was it a goal? Here's a pic and it looks like it could have been
http://www.ferieguiden.no/cl.jpg

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't even see the fecking ball there, so that is inconclusive. :D Oh well, it was a shitty advertisement from a footballing standpoint but it obviously had a bit of drama......

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
unforunate for PSV the better team in BOTH games. The late goal in the first leg came back to hurt them. I would of liked to see overtime regardless after 2 games like that it's hard to see PSV being knocked out. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the away goal rule but thats probably because I'm not a Milan supporter. Milan is going to be tough to beat in the final.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
:knvb: MILAN!MILAN!MILAN! :knvb:
they did just enough to get through but hey, they're in the dance so who can argue. LFC supporters get plenty of liquids in you now unless you want to be dehydrated when the tears start flowing on the 25th :D . i can almost smell that record setting trophy already :p !!

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
walls said:
i can almost smell that record setting trophy already :p !!

:confused: want to explain?

Milan was very lucky and as the commentator said after the second, "When will the Italians learn that you cannot always sit on a lead". Well it worked in the end but barely. If Milan performs like this they will lose the final.

Also why is the away goals rule in effect all these years? Is it to lessen to possibility of extra time and the dreaded penalties? Anyone know aside from the usual b.s. that it is harder to score away from home or away goals should count as more.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
termatofylakas said:
Also why is the away goals rule in effect all these years?

It's to encourage away teams to attack more when they're on the road. The reward of an away goal is massive nowadays (as witnessed today and many matches previous). Before the away goals rule, 75% of the matches had the away team putting 11 men behind the ball. Absolutely atrocious and frustrating to watch ....

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks said:
It's to encourage away teams to attack more when they're on the road. The reward of an away goal is massive nowadays (as witnessed today and many matches previous). Before the away goals rule, 75% of the matches had the away team putting 11 men behind the ball. Absolutely atrocious and frustrating to watch ....

Still a stupid rule but oh well.

walls

Feb 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
my mistake termatoflyakas. this one would give milan seven CL titles and real madrid has nine(five of those coming from 1955-1960 when we were depleted from the war). guess i should've looked back a little further. oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0