Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Champions League 2004/2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.....unbelievable.....3 goals in 10 minutes against the I-ties!! Lets hope Liverpool can finish them off!!!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spud,

During your weekly conference call with Rafa and the 'Pool board, please advise that the SFA has offered up next year's second Champions League spot to your deserved champions.

Feel free to buy me a pint.

Cheers,

Buckfast

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
insipred after such a great match.....to write poetry

Consider this to be a sonnet of sorts
In honor of the Champions of the world’s greatest sport
No not Milan, who most thought would win
But our beloved Reds, our Liverpudlian

Bleak was the outlook for the underdog Reds
That many a cheer stopped and red tears were shed
But thanks to Gerrard who came through with the header
The game all of a sudden, looked so much better

But it didn’t stop there, the comeback had sparked
A tremendous strike! By Smicer the shark
Finding the net from outside the eighteen
Prettier goals, only few have ever seen

That brings us to Gerrard and his continuous toil
Causing Milan in their box a scoring chance to foil
We know what that means as the ref points to the spot
Alonso to shoot, and miss he would not.

As the game progressed further; Red fans a nail chewing
Milan’s determination, kept hovering and looming
It was in the last minute of the second overtime
That Dudek came through with a save on the line.

Off to the penalty’s this historic game went
By that time all the players were certainly spent
As dudek was dancing before each penalty shot
He stopped them three times; shaky he was not.

With the game finally over and the Champions crowned
Such defeat for Milan’s fans brings a permanent frown
For Liverpool deserves this championship to own
And will certainly never, never walk alone.

Managerwhogetscreativenowandagain...on and off the field, OK, maybe more off the field.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a game!!!

As much as they will be talking about the 3 goals in 6 minutes, I think there will be just as much "discussion" coming outta Italy concerning the second PK stop and the "fix" concerning all things pasta!

Forza Liverpool!

:D

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unreal, not ever to be forgotten. Shows the arrogance of the Italians as far as I am concerned. By far the more talented team on the night, but severely lacking in the heart department. The first 45 was clinical and even as a Liverpool supporter was extremely impressed. Eventually got beaten by a team that dug down and simply fought for everything they got. And deserved everything they got.

Been a tough 4-5 years but will go through all that again to win in this fashion anyday.

Gerrard has been quoted on BBC 5 since the end 'How can I leave Liverpool after that?' He would not have any shred of respect left if he leaves now. Done deal!

Also feel a bit for Michael Owen. Was a red since he was 10 or 11 and left at the wrong time. I don't care how much he may win at Madrid, can't ever imagine that it could be anything close to what Gerrard and Carragher are feeling tonight.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Rafalution has just been televised

Buckfast, I have a feeling Rafa's not really listening to me. He hasn't answered one of the 4300 letters I've sent nor answered any of the 300,000 phone calls I've made to offer advice. I will accept the CL spot on his behalf anyway though.

Manager, sweet poem, my friend.

What a game. What can you say, it will be legendary. I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. And what a season too. Absolutely magic and I wouldn't trade it for anything. The new manager, the new signings, the drama, all the ups and downs were brilliant. Come fourth in the EPL? Forget it, we'll have the cup instead, thank you.

Ali Baba and the forty thieves are alive and well and they're wearing fcuking red.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had a look at the live commentary on soccernet.com to see what they were saying. Someone should sign this guy up on TTP:

mins
England can be proud again.
mins
My flat-mate is a Liverpool fan. He's going to be excited right now. Excited, and drunk. I hope the neighbours are out.
mins
"It hasn't sunk in," says Gerrard. He spits on the ground and picks his nose as he is asked some inane question. Then he mumbles something about being proud and the fans being the 12th man. Then he disappears in to the fog.
mins
Carragher is interviewed. His voice is so high that only dogs can hear what he's saying. He mentions something about his groin and his calf, before making a sound that resembles a horse neighing.
mins
Cisse and Traore embrace with their tops off. There are a lot of muscles and tatoos involved.
mins
Dudek is interviewed by British television. He makes no sense in his words, mumbling something about Bruce Grobelaar. His eyes are darting all over the show.
mins
Maldini kicks his heels. He wanders around the hlaf-way line with his arms crossed. He looks moody and surly, but very handsome. He can take some consolation in that.
mins
Riise skips like a girl, and Garcia jigs along with his friend. Gerrard is mobbed by random strangers. Hamann almost musters a smile.
mins
The celebrations are wild. The Liverpool players have run the length of the field to cheer with their own fans, who are combusting with excitement and glee.
mins
This was a special effort from Liverpool. A stunning comeback

On a side note, Liverpool supporters have proved themselves to be the best in the world. The matches at Anfield against Juve and Chelsea were spine-tingling for the entire matches, and when the Reds started the comeback tonight the fans were unreal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mins
Carragher is interviewed. His voice is so high that only dogs can hear what he's saying. He mentions something about his groin and his calf, before making a sound that resembles a horse neighing.
Woof! Woof!

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I like this one, Dap:
Soccernet.com said:
120 mins
Maldini kicks his heels. He wanders around the hlaf-way line with his arms crossed. He looks moody and surly, but very handsome. He can take some consolation in that.
Nice. :D

Also, during penalty kicks there was this one. Don't know if it was a typo or not, but I like to think not.
Soccernet.com said:
120 mins
Pirlo tamely shoots to Dudek's right, but the keeper, a yard or so off his line, palms his effort wide. Dreadful penalty. She should be ashamed.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Liverpool are deserving champs as they knocked off Lever, Juve, Chelsea & AC. What about Dudek save off Shevchenko's free kick when it was 3-0 he just got enough. Hail Liverpool you are the Champions!

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations to the Reds. What a memorable season against the odds.

You couldn't be happier for Gerrard, either....although I still prefer Lampard.

L*I*V*E*R*P*O*O*L

Buckfast

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What an astonishing game ....... for any team to come back from 3 down at half against one of the best club teams in the world and stuff 3 down 'em deserve to be Champions of Europe. And coming from a United supporter, it certainly pains me to say that. A few things that stand out in my mind were :

a) Gerrard lifting the cup
b) The double save from Dudek on Shevchenko in extra time. Absolutely unbelievable.
c) Shevchenko's penalty. Fcuking dreadful. The only penno I've witnessed worse than that was at Swangard a few weeks back ;)
d) The injustice of betting 5346 TTP tokens on Liverpool to win the fcuker and not getting a cent, er .... token.
e) The 862 voice mails left on my phone from various Liverpool fans that are 'mates'. If I hear 'You'll never walk alone' one more time, I'm going to puke.

Congratulations to Liverpool and their massive allegiance of fans ..... and Dap :D. Glad to see the European Cup back on English soil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0