Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier Countdown to Relegation

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Side A

Croatia cannot be mathematically eliminated next week, but any combination equaling the magic number of 2 plus a tie and the Croats are gone. :wa: :wa:

Side B

An AC win and an Argie loss will seal the Argie the deal for Div 1 movement.

WAB thinks this will take one extra week to come to fruition.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmm

As long as we get no PK's it should be a good game next week.......

:rolleyes:

PS did HOS Get megged on that one goal today?? :eek:

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia has missed 4 PK's in a row. Two against West Van, 1 against Sporting and 1 against a very average looking Sporting team.

Croatia will win next week but it is probably too late, but you never know....

And yes, BJB, HOS did get megged. I was watching the Inter/Khalsa game as it was far more exciting than the Croatia game. I thought it was funny how HOS picked up his towel, after he was megged, and threw it back into his net. Boy, he must've been mad about getting megged.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Least I won't Be Relegated This Year, AssHole

Originally posted by CDK
I thought it was funny how HOS picked up his towel, after he was megged, and threw it back into his net. Boy, he must've been mad about getting megged.

At Least someone is Watching, I hate Benjii, HOS

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is the Cid Kid going to play this year or has the Cavalry arrived too late?

No Croats in the Premier will be weird.

Then again, it's no weirder than a premier without Club I, Firemen, Indo, Clan, Norvan,....etc.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK

1 against Sporting and 1 against a very average looking Sporting team.

Did you play us more then once, becasue I wasn't told about the second game.

If we were average what was crotia.
:rolleyes:

Cheers
JB

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
J_B,

Was that the Sporting first team that played Croatia on Sunday??

Jinky,

No, Cid Kid will not be making a comeback although judging by last Fridays practice he certainly could. I'm sure Tom Babic would love to get those inch perfect passes in a game....

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK,

Yes it was. What does that have to do with anything we got the "W". It may have not been our best game but it gave us another 3 points.

Cheers
JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You've got to respect CDKs devotion to his team in what can only be described as troubled times for Camp Croatia.

Did Dasovic ever sign with the team? If not, I'd figure now would be a most opportune time to ink a big signing as a last-ditch effort to keep the team afloat. Throw money at the problem if need be.

If nothing else, take solace in the fact that Croatia will have the nicest website in division one next season.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All but Over

Croatia needs a miracle.

They must go 4 for 4 and hope the Toons lose their last 3 (one against the Argies) to force the playoff.

Incredibly, the Argies have a better chance at staying up. 9 points back with 4 to play. The new and improved Argies have life again!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion

Originally posted by Jinky
Is the Cid Kid going to play this year or has the Cavalry arrived too late?

No Croats in the Premier will be weird.

Then again, it's no weirder than a premier without Club I, Firemen, Indo, Clan, Norvan,....etc.

By the looks of things...
Clan will be back in Premier, as well as either
Indo or Firemen....

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm not sure where to pin the blame on Croatia's dismal season. The worst season for Croatia dating back to 1963. I just hope they shape up for the cup run.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought....

Just an observation, but the teams that have been relegated in the past few years have been ethnic teams. Last year, Indo and Serbia, this year Argentina (Africatina) and Croatia and from years gone by PCOV and Club Ireland.

Just bored and looking for patterns, now that our regular season is already over!! :confused:

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK,

True, but what stops them from staying in Premier and being perennial, top of the league teams. MOST have short term stays in Premier. I feel that these teams, are generally "stand alone" teams that haven't connected to developing a strong feeder system for whatever reason, and therefore don't have a pool of players to select from. Can you see teams like Metro Ford, Burnaby, Westside, and Surrey ever NOT having a quality pool of players to select from? These geographic area teams have a huge advantage in keeping players in their system over other teams. Imagine Khalsa, Indo and Sikh Temple combining their talent pool to make one Premier team, one CAT team and one U21 team.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia and from years gone by PCOV and Club Ireland

We have never really been an 'ethnic' team. Actually, very few of our players have been Irish. Our committee was predominantly Irish when we started so the name came from that. We were actually called the Richmond Hibernians before Club Ireland. I'm not sure where I'm going with this but it was an interesting point nonetheless, Gilly. :)

Captain

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, Croatia's feeder system was taken away when BC soccer decided we can't use youth players from out of our district. With Croatia having a small community (about 8,000) in the lower mainland, we couldn't fill youth teams within the district. And it's not easy for a team like Croatia to get non-Croatian youth to play on our teams. So, we were forced to scrap our youth system. Most of Croatia's older players have come up through Croatia's youth system in the past....and our organization is looking into ways of somehow starting up our youth system again.

A major downfall for us is that Burnaby, Metro-Ford and Surrey are developing our players. They are not taught how play the beautiful possession game of high technical ability and complete (almost chauvinistic) confidence that is Croatian soccer. Instead they learning to play that kick and run mucker style. :mad:

One idea is to maybe have some sort of summer youth tournament with other ethnic teams in the same situation as us. Like the Greeks, Fijians, Indo-Canadians... It could be a situation where we could at least get a look at some of the talent out there.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly, your comments are the best i've heard in a long while, you can throw the wops in that problem of not having good feeder systems set up.

Nowadays, it is absolutely crucial that a premier team has the support of a cat, div. 1 team, u-21, and youth teams, feeding into it. All you have to do is look at surrey, metro ford, westside, and burnaby candians. They have organized their organizations in such a way where the "club concept" attracts good young players, and these players are then developed within that system. This is exactly how it should be.

You will also notice that the abovementioned teams are non-ethnic, and this is not just a coincidence. Ethnic based teams, have always had problems in "getting together" and tryning to do it right instead of having 2,3,4 teams within an ethnic community, competing against each other....stupid?...ya damn right!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0