Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Countdown to Stamkos

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
See I think Stamkos will end up in Montreal for Subs. Stamkos wants to be number one centre in Montreal that will be his job. Tempa will not give him the money. Druin will stay and make the coin.Toronto will not give five good young players for Stamkos. Montreal can pick-up a guy or two on D from free agents. Club can not pay both big dollars.
I hope Toronto gets the guy but I do not think big bosses will give young guys for him even with his ability. Way much for a guy like him to ask for 10-11 million a year. 8 mill OK but not more.
Cap would have to be changed to get the club like Toronto to clime the standings. New York Rangers might jump for him. Hell that's lots om money to give for one player.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
first off Habs only sign the vertically challenged...
second knowone is trading anyone for Stamkos
and third I fuking hate the Habs

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs need a guy like Stamkos. Coach would like Subs to be moved. Habs will get guys in return, It will be four five player move could be switching even first round picks. You guys know Montreal will make changes big times this summer. Habs are same as Canucks not good enough over all to make the playoffs.
With out bigger moves both will be bottom teams. Draft picks really can not help. Bit yes but not enough. You could see Edmonton part of that deal. Club wants Subs. Tkachuk and Eberly might be the guy going Montreal way.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude we know he is free agents. That's not how teams work in NHL. No one is going to step on each others toes. Respect plays big part. Druin tried kids game and at the end head to eat his own crap. Stamkos wants way more than he is worth. Teams will work with each other just to make it bit easier on Tampa. Stamkos might yet hold a cup at the end of the year. How much will team have to pay the guy than.No Canadian team will do that with 25% more for each buck but Montreal. American teams would be Florida or New York.
If Stamkos goes to Toronto he will have to agree on 8 mill a year if his health stays good. Lue in Toronto is not a dumb guy. Old fox makes good trades and spends not much.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude we know he is free agents. That's not how teams work in NHL. No one is going to step on each others toes. Respect plays big part. Druin tried kids game and at the end head to eat his own crap. Stamkos wants way more than he is worth. Teams will work with each other just to make it bit easier on Tampa. Stamkos might yet hold a cup at the end of the year. How much will team have to pay the guy than.No Canadian team will do that with 25% more for each buck but Montreal. American teams would be Florida or New York.
If Stamkos goes to Toronto he will have to agree on 8 mill a year if his health stays good. Lue in Toronto is not a dumb guy. Old fox makes good trades and spends not much.

Ummm...that is NOT how unrestricted free agency works. At all. There is no mutual respect when it comes to being unrestricted. Maybe as a restricted free agent there is some mutual respect practiced, but not unrestricted.

Stamkos' new injury, if anything, will be a wild card in all this. It is far less certain right now that he'll be a Leaf, but again, w/ them getting trhe #1 pick, it may be considered "now or never" time to load up fast. They could go from pretender to contender overnight w/ a couple of good moves.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let's hope they think they can go from pretender to contender overnight because that has been the formula that has been a joy to watch for a long time as a non leafs fan. Unfortunately I think they are a little smarter this time around.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Babcock is a smart hockey guy,you will see two guys from Europe on his team in the fall. I just do not think he will go for Stamkos. With Matthews or Laine he has enough. Guys in AHL side are more than ready to step up. Babcock will try to get a guy like Edler or Shats to stable the back line next year more so than getting Stamkos.
New York will load up in the summer, Montreal has to make huge changes or all the Gm guys will get the boot.
Vancouver will make changes for sure. Edler or Hamhuis will go, Biega also my guess, Bartowski due to his skating might stay. Rusian kids will be here next fall.
Florida made GM change they will try to add guys.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Babcock is a smart hockey guy,you will see two guys from Europe on his team in the fall. I just do not think he will go for Stamkos. With Matthews or Laine he has enough. Guys in AHL side are more than ready to step up. Babcock will try to get a guy like Edler or Shats to stable the back line next year more so than getting Stamkos.
New York will load up in the summer, Montreal has to make huge changes or all the Gm guys will get the boot.
Vancouver will make changes for sure. Edler or Hamhuis will go, Biega also my guess, Bartowski due to his skating might stay. Rusian kids will be here next fall.
Florida made GM change they will try to add guys.

U lost me at Battkowsi

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have added an over age winger from QMJHL by the name Yan Laplonte. Good skating winger plays with bit of edge to his game. Almost like Burrows.
He might send McCann to Utica in the fall.
NY is looking to get McCann from the Canuck for some Sweed on their D and a second round pick. In my opinion a good move as we need to add D in this years draft. McCann needs a team where he will get more playing time. With Sutter,Horvat,twin and Grunland I see no chance and maybe Burbois if we can get him in the summer.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Franchise Toronto in not going to pay 11 million for Stamkos. Teams are signing younger players at lesser cost. Stamer will have tougher time to get the team to pay him 100 million for next 8 seasons. Canucks are also adding younger players both on D and up top. You could see Max Jones with Canucks and Alexandre Gosellin. Both over age players with up swing in their game. Benning will add one older winger to Canucks and maybe one older D like Russel. Edler and Hamhuies will bring back drafts. Tha's how I see it.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your right @Mr Base they will pay Stamkos 12 million per season.

And for the love of god Hamhocks is a free agent. Russel is only 29, 4 years younger then Hamhocks...lol

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

creditable source
LRichardson_headshot-150x150.jpg

Next you will tell me Botchford thinks the sedins will get traded to different teams

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
McCaan traded to Florida opening up #91 on the Canucks roster. Its finalized he's coming to Vancouver. Writings on the wall, it's that obvious.
8ykoO_s-200x150.gif

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks have added one more young D to their club. Tom Nilsson is the new guy in the town. 22 year old guy 6' 185 lbs, he was Toronto's 2011 pick in the fourth round.
Good for Benning and his guys slowly adding more youth to Canucks.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0