Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cup games

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
no I don't think so...i think being cup tied means ur tied to one cup and one cup only....with the transfer deadline set at jan.15th, that reveals which team ur are cup tied to. if ur signed with a div. 2 team after the transfer, u play in the presidents cup....at least I think that's the way it is

well now the way the whole cup play is, bein after majority if the regular season it ends up bein like that...i was referrin to the way it used to be couple years ago

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys your forgetting the new exspress cup too. Starts in 2 weeks. Premier teams only. I was told no callups. Only premier players. If you need guys you have to sign them up. No permits allowed.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I personally like the Cups at the end of the year. Many reasons most have been covered by you guys already. Premier is most important to all Clubs and with the Premier Express cup most Premier teams will have signed up the bulk of their guys by mid season.(thats when that particular cup starts)Because the winner of the cup gets a Provincial berth.
The rest of the guys have to be signed up or down by the January 15th transfer deadline. Thus the teams and players on the div 2-3 will have a few games to play together before Cup time. All works out and makes sence..As far as I know,If a Premier player signs down or switches teams on or before the Transfer deadline he can play in the Pak or Knights for his new team,Just not in the Express Cup anymore as he is Cup tied to his previous team.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
guys your forgetting the new exspress cup too. Starts in 2 weeks. Premier teams only. I was told no callups. Only premier players. If you need guys you have to sign them up. No permits allowed.

ghouse, what is this express cup u speak of? guessing new to premier this year, but is it basically the same idea as the pak except without the div. 1 teams? and is there a prov spot on the line for the winner?

Chelsea4life

Jan 27, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
no I don't think so...i think being cup tied means ur tied to one cup and one cup only....with the transfer deadline set at jan.15th, that reveals which team ur are cup tied to. if ur signed with a div. 2 team after the transfer, u play in the presidents cup....at least I think that's the way it is
ya this would make the most sense...Because if say Div.1 PAU team gets eliminated from their cup early, they will drop down all their top players to div.2 and just rampage through the stages, and that would just make no sense..... So i cant see players being elligible to transfer past Jan.15 for cup games..?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The 'express cup' is some gay marketing ploy with no real meaning otherwise.

Probably.

Maybe.

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's the FVSL's sponsor's cup, Soccer Express. Never heard of them though. Just for Premier teams though. That's what I remember from the start of the year.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Express Sponcered this new cup with Cash money to the winner and a Provicial berth given from the league.
10 Premier teams in two divs.
seated from the points they have at mid season(9games in)
1,3,5,7,9 in one div
2,4,6,8,10 in the other.
after 4 games round robin, the top 2 teams from each div move on to single elimination where 1 plays the other groups 2 and vice versa.
winners play in the Soccer Express Cup final for $1000 and provincial berth.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
See, told ya. I bet even some hick from Aldergrove could come up with something better than that.

But no names on TTP.

:D

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
5 Provincial Berths given to FVSL.-
Premier League Winner
Pak Cup Winner
Soccer Express Cup Winner
Top Priemier league teams that remain after the above to total 5 teams.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apologies for posting some inside humour, it wasn't directed at you or anyone else who happens to be a hick from Aldregrove.

A couple of people will get it and have a chuckle, that I'm sure of.

Now, to use a phrase also older than I, shut the fcuk up!

:D

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weird how Rodzilla didn't post a picture of them fine Aldy women....lol

Franny where'd you get that pic? It's not amature night at the Alder Inn until tomorrow I thought?:eek:

Seriously though, all those seeking a cheap laugh ( and I do mean cheap) seat yourselves at the front row of the Alder tomorrow night, and complement the first time stripper on her,... nice tooth! LOL! :rolleyes::cool::D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0