Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

cup games

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW. jimmy_jones too much time on your hands. That reply made my head hurt. But I got the medicinal.

This way works better because being on a team that gets carded, it is better to play each round one after the other. Last year we would play a cup game and win, then play a league game and a player would get a third yellow and have to sit the cup game, and vice versa. This way if you move on,the carded player we definately be sitting the next cup game not league game, and vice versa.

Also on that point, cup games and league games should not be using the same cards. If you're sitting on two yellows in league play it should not be there for cup games.Fresh start.

And all the cup we be have teams we players not going up or down.

The_Reverend

Sep 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
ya this would make the most sense...Because if say Div.1 PAU team gets eliminated from their cup early, they will drop down all their top players to div.2 and just rampage through the stages, and that would just make no sense..... So i cant see players being elligible to transfer past Jan.15 for cup games..?

Have to be a different club in your example - we don't have a div 2 team... or div 3...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
...Also on that point, cup games and league games should not be using the same cards. If you're sitting on two yellows in league play it should not be there for cup games.Fresh start.

And all the cup we be have teams we players not going up or down.
totally agree with you on that one, league play and cup play should be two totally different things especially when it comes to discipline...

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
totally agree with you on that one, league play and cup play should be two totally different things especially when it comes to discipline...

Its a good thing that the cards are carried forward to cup,....:rolleyes:

Allow me to explain.

Lets say you playing the Wolves and one of the guys on their D has a real bad temper. He has 2 yellows but under your perfect world of no rules or dscipline this would be nonwithstanding, that means they dont apply to that anger class attending defender, and when he takes you out Jimmy or your best forward because he knows he'll just get a yellow at the worst for arguing an accidental smashing on a 50/50 ball, it will have seemed like a good idea to carry over discipline.

Lest your best forward get a season ending injury or fck whatever other scenario you want to run, but it saves the best soccer for the end of the year when buddy knows in the back of his head that hey, if I fck this guy up and he draws a yellow for me, I'm gonna fck my team for the next game, and most guys I know don't like doing that, unless they are a complete deuche.

Make any sense Jimmy?:rolleyes:

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Allow me to explain.

Lets say you playing the Wolves and one of the guys on their D has a real bad temper. He has 2 yellows but under your perfect world of no rules or dscipline this would be nonwithstanding, that means they dont apply to that anger class attending defender, and when he takes you out Jimmy or your best forward because he knows he'll just get a yellow at the worst for arguing an accidental smashing on a 50/50 ball, it will have seemed like a good idea to carry over discipline.

Lest your best forward get a season ending injury or fck whatever other scenario you want to run, but it saves the best soccer for the end of the year when buddy knows in the back of his head that hey, if I fck this guy up and he draws a yellow for me, I'm gonna fck my team for the next game, and most guys I know don't like doing that, unless they are a complete deuche.

I was hoping someone would explain why cards SHOULD carry over, as it isn't a different season.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

Allow me to explain.

but if he's got a slight temper problem wouldn't the coach realize that and sub him out saving him for the cup game..or if he's really unselfish he would ask for a sub himself so he doesn't do anything stupid. this is why teams have subs when someone needs to come off for whatever reason for however long they have substitutes. im not saying you're wrong, but there are ways around it. i think cards received during cup play should be strictly for cup. think of this situation, a team is playing a league game they've got a player sitting on two yellows from prior league matches and the following week are the cup finals. he's your top forward, been scoring goals for you all year long and he's got a big mouth. you see he's getting quite worked up because the ref that night is making horrible calls and just before you sub him off he comments on a referee's call, no foul language or anything. the ref gives him a yellow and boom, next weekend comes around you're top forward is out and you guys lose, wouldn't that stupid yellow have cost your whole cup run? and that last yellow could be for anything, forgetting to take a piece of jewellery off, long celebration, delay of game, dissent...? so instead of having 1 yellow throughout cup play now this guy's got 3 yellows and he misses the cup final? worth it, i dont think so but it's a scenario....we can sit here thinking of scenarios all day long but in the end i think cards should be for that competition not a compilation

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel the way refs hand out cards these days it should be 5 yellows before suspension. Then I would be fine them continuing the season. jimmy_jones is right a player can get a card for anything stupid and miss a very important game.

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It has to be the way it is. If a premier team is beating a mid to lower pack div 1 team by three goals at the half I could see things getting stupid. With cards rolling in to the season it keeps things under wraps. I have always been a fan of the 5 yellow scenario.

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone know of any decent div. 3 teams this year that might make a run for the cup? haven't heard anything much from div. 3 this year at all.......

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel that love between you two. Please keep the kissing to the minimum... that means not at all.

:confused: Westcoast: I'm sure you can "feel the love" (everynight with your BF), you may want to stop fantasizing about franny, making out with some dude.......... No one wants to read your homosexual rhetoric here! ;)

oldtimer

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
anyone know of any decent div. 3 teams this year that might make a run for the cup? haven't heard anything much from div. 3 this year at all.......
Coquitlam Titans ---second in 3A...haven't lost since the first game of the year, all are young.. 21 and under, they would do fine in Div.2 and will be a tough match-up with anyone in Cup play.

Dec 3, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
but if he's got a slight temper problem wouldn't the coach realize that and sub him out saving him for the cup game..or if he's really unselfish he would ask for a sub himself so he doesn't do anything stupid. this is why teams have subs when someone needs to come off for whatever reason for however long they have substitutes. im not saying you're wrong, but there are ways around it. i think cards received during cup play should be strictly for cup. think of this situation, a team is playing a league game they've got a player sitting on two yellows from prior league matches and the following week are the cup finals. he's your top forward, been scoring goals for you all year long and he's got a big mouth. you see he's getting quite worked up because the ref that night is making horrible calls and just before you sub him off he comments on a referee's call, no foul language or anything. the ref gives him a yellow and boom, next weekend comes around you're top forward is out and you guys lose, wouldn't that stupid yellow have cost your whole cup run? and that last yellow could be for anything, forgetting to take a piece of jewellery off, long celebration, delay of game, dissent...? so instead of having 1 yellow throughout cup play now this guy's got 3 yellows and he misses the cup final? worth it, i dont think so but it's a scenario....we can sit here thinking of scenarios all day long but in the end i think cards should be for that competition not a compilation

Dude you dont have to illustrate the ease of collecting stupid yellows to me, I rarely open my mouth and never go into 50/50 balls with any sort of malice at all, and I already have a freaking yellow! The stupidest yellow you can get but none the less i have it and when I got the card it stung a little bit more because it gave them a PK in like the first 5min of the game to put them up 1-0. Bullshit call, but we all came together, manned up and came out with the win which in the end is all that matters.

I will proudly carry that yellow into cup. I earned it so I have to deal with it and keep my mind on it when I'm playing so I don't get another one. this is the beauty of the system, if your teammate can rise above himself and not play with his usual clumbsiness we are all better off!

In the end the rules are the rules and without rule there is anarchy, with that lets let it be and lets just watch ourselves out there, none of us are professionals (maybe with the exception of tuzzi an franny) here and if anything goes sideways we have only ourselves to blame, not the refs. the refs will forever be shite so we had just better get used to it!;)

bluebird

Mar 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

i'm going for a port moody d2 v sentinal d3 final
and the rest of you good luck and thanks for coming out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0