Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Devos: CSA could turn to Bankruptcy

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't CPL / CSB plowing money into grassroots via League Uno initiatives across the country?
Are they actually?

I just assumed it was BC soccer dropping tens of thousands of our registration fees for 1k people to watch the L1 finals at BC place

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The CSA sure seems to have massive problems but expecting players to be lay down and not speak out is not a solution.

I'm not sure that demanding their images not be used is the best way to add pressure for their cause as it comes with risks which if I were one of the most famous of them I might not want to do for fear that some future sponsorship opportunities would be lost.

I'm not sure the background of Jason DeVos is sufficient to guide the CSA in this tough environment as even his public statements have been problematic having to walk back some words around bankruptcy. Issues management is clearly not Jason's strong suit as Media Relations 101 is never say words like bankruptcy that give legs to a story you don't want in the media.

That's the problem in sport unless you get some deep-pocketed connected business leaders at the top who know how to bring in more money along with cooler heads who know how to navigate player relations better.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
This isn't very transparent. Seems like a conflict of interest. Wonder what kinda of a Stake Wheeler has In soccer one and Canada Soccer business?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dunno but just liked he is calling out Rick the Snake

wrestlemania vi wrestling GIF by WWE

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens