Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 div 2 motw week 18

what is your MOTW

• Knights v WRU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YG's v Stolo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamo v Nomads

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Marga v BCU

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Yotes v Inter

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • SNOW takes all

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know what I find really fun?? when my little 7 yr old brother is playing soccer with his friends - I like to invite all my friends over and play against his friends. I really enjoy winning. A lot. 

So what your saying is playing us will be like were playing our 7 year old younger brothers..Ya, that will be fun.
and if winning 6 games gets you drinking..winning the cup could be very dangerous for you guys.
Drunkin 7 year olds.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not 10 new players. its 6 and its guys that have played with some of our guys on regular basis.... and if the same guys came to jbn looking for a team to play with, youre telling me he'd just be like "no, i'm sorry, we're happy with where we are in the table and we're having fun with our friends....maybe someone else will take you guys....." :rolleyes:.....i doubt it...

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
its not 10 new players. its 6 and its guys that have played with some of our guys on regular basis.... and if the same guys came to jbn looking for a team to play with, youre telling me he'd just be like "no, i'm sorry, we're happy with where we are in the table and we're having fun with our friends....maybe someone else will take you guys....." :rolleyes:.....i doubt it...

That's not the point, fine if the guys wanted out of a team because they were unhappy then they would of gone looking for another team, and i wouldn't blame them for finding a team with a chance of winning something. But the point is that Rich moved those guys down just so he can have some glory (seen as his ACBC team aren't winning things any more) then come on here and shite talk, it's not about the SFC, Coyotes, or the players, it's about himself. If John (prem team coach) came to Fox and said here sign these guys so NFS wins something and signed down dave sambol, kaz, and johnny craig for example just so "NFS" can have a trophy then you and the rest of the league would of been upset also. Inter has had the same core of guys for the last 3 years and we have won the cup, league x2 (all but), and been semi finalists in the provincials without signing 6 guys down in January just for one guys glory.

I mean it is what it is i guess and nothing is gonna change now...

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I would say thats a safe bet..one maybe but 6 not a chance. Nomads are a close group of friends and JBN would never bring in 6, 7 10 new guys and have guys who have worked hard all year ride pine....so yes i believe your statment is true

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

I can actually say he wouldn't. Even when Canny wanted to come back he asked the team to vote if it was OK since he didn't start the year and he would be taking time from guys who had been with us and training all year. Obviously no one cared since Canny is great teammate anyway, but the fact that he asked about a guy signing mid-season who had played with the Nomads for years pretty much says it all. Not a chance those guys would get on our roster.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) I never said Nomads were Prem players, I said that we have 1-2 Prem Calibre players and more capable of playing Prem. Reds-16 don't twist my words
2) We (shorty, S&H, House, Stall, etc) have all said why we have struggled this year in league play, and it's not an excuse. We had 2-3 key guys leave the team and have had our replacements riddled with injuries. Our goals haven't been met, but then Cup hasn't started yet. Again we aren't claling ourselves favorites for either league or cup, in fact if you go back to early in the year the standings look essentially as I said they would, with Inter, Young Guns and Yotes near the top with a closely packed middle class and Marga firmly at the bottom, the only surprise I'd say is that Stolo have more points than I would have anticipated and I thought BCU were going to be right there with Dynamo, Nomads, etc.
3) I've never once whined or complained about the ACBC guys coming down, I've just said it surprises me that the Yotes players would be okay with it, that was prior to Jimmy saying they literally are struggling for guys. If 6 of the PAU prem players suddenly decided no Pak Cup was possible and they wanted to sign down I'd likely say no... that's right Jimmy. How the fcuk do I go to my friends/teammates and say hey guys, 6 of you are now bench players and you 6 bench players will never see the field again? I might be keen to take 1 or 2, but 6!? No chance, like Franny said

thought I'd clear that up for you ;)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
1) I never said Nomads were Prem players, I said that we have 1-2 Prem Calibre players and more capable of playing Prem. Reds-16 don't twist my words
2) We (shorty, S&H, House, Stall, etc) have all said why we have struggled this year in league play, and it's not an excuse. We had 2-3 key guys leave the team and have had our replacements riddled with injuries. Our goals haven't been met, but then Cup hasn't started yet. Again we aren't claling ourselves favorites for either league or cup, in fact if you go back to early in the year the standings look essentially as I said they would, with Inter, Young Guns and Yotes near the top with a closely packed middle class and Marga firmly at the bottom, the only surprise I'd say is that Stolo have more points than I would have anticipated and I thought BCU were going to be right there with Dynamo, Nomads, etc.
3) I've never once whined or complained about the ACBC guys coming down, I've just said it surprises me that the Yotes players would be okay with it, that was prior to Jimmy saying they literally are struggling for guys. If 6 of the PAU prem players suddenly decided no Pak Cup was possible and they wanted to sign down I'd likely say no... that's right Jimmy. How the fcuk do I go to my friends/teammates and say hey guys, 6 of you are now bench players and you 6 bench players will never see the field again? I might be keen to take 1 or 2, but 6!? No chance, like Franny said

thought I'd clear that up for you ;)

SOB didnt even like my post....:)

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Wondering if Jimmy still thinks this is true

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually quite a few times we relied on 3 u21 individials to help us out this year just to get a full squad or 1 sub due to the massive amount of injuries weve had.

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually quite a few times we relied on 3 u21 individials to help us out this year just to get a full squad or 1 sub due to the massive amount of injuries weve had.

we've had to call up div 4 guys a few times as well. like in our second match at ssap, but with cup games no call ups, so it becomes a bit more difficult...

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
TBL, any report on stolo, we play there sunday, did they get better all of a sudden or were you guys missing lotta guys ???

jimmy_jones

Jan 15, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
stolo 0 - 2 coyotes...cold, cold night for a game of footy out at newton. we kept majority of the possession and got one off a screamer from 25+, may have taken a slight deflection but we'll take it. second we scored on a quick counter as their guys were caught up the field trying to equalize. the man in the middle was very good as well, kept good control of the match all throughout nothing got out of hand even with a few questionable tackles from the other team.. our keeper was definitely MOTM. played very well. made some unreal saves....too bad he didn't play that well last week :rolleyes:...onto inter saturday night, should be a very exciting game !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0