Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wayman, Dixie, Lowery what's going on?? Last year the div 2 threads dominated OTB/TTP.

Is it true the ever controversial Dixie is making a comeback to the Meraloma 'juggernaut' under the watchful eye of one Coach Wayman.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great start

Alemania 6 Club Ireland 1

No one would believe me if I tried explaining this one but I will leave a quote from their coach....

"I can't believe the score, you guys actually outplayed us."

Onward on upward. Now I know how Germany felt after last week's game...... On to Bosna.

On a positive note, we did look good. :) The hoops, hooped socks, and the sixties style Umbro shorts were very catchy. Don't we get points for that? Promotion, here we come........

Captain

Hopefully Gazza, Biteme, Coolhead will give their take on the game. I have never been in a game like that, where you actually outplay the other team and lose 6 - 1. I kind of reminded of our Nation's Cup game last year against Portugal, when we won 4 - 0, despite Portugal controlling most of the play.

It's a funny ol' gaime

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Start

Captain, what about the German? You may believe I have something against you guys, in fact I have played with a few of your players in tournaments/etc, Wymm (sp.), the recently departed Mulgrew, and few others. I am just trying to stir the pot a little. Good luck on your next match!

Hammer, keep up the predictions - just shows you don't have a clue!

Quote --
"Alemania style of play is true muckery(wrd??) to say the least, they may be bigger but they are shite with no true football skills amongst them.... Good Luck Club I, and will see all Meraloma's back in Div 2 for 2002"

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Start

Captain, I will definately agree with your assessment of the game, especially the first half. However when the 5th goal went in, your boys really dropped the heads and the game was at that point really painful to watch.
Great pitch! If nothing else you must miss the quality of pitches we get to play on in the #1 League in the province.
Good Luck next week.
Gazza :p

coolhead

Aug 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think that I have ever been involved in a match like the one between Club I and Alemania. In the first half Club I played a posession game working the ball thru the midfield and generating several solid scoring chances that only lacked a finish. Alemania played a more physical style, winning the individual battles and sending the ball straight up the park whenever Club I applied pressure. Alemania scored the same goal 4 times, with a long, high boot up the middle of the park that was allowed to hit the ground to take a funny bounce. Each time, Alemania ended up with a striker in alone on goal and a clinical finish. The only ball that didn't hit the ground was headed by a Club I defender off the Alemania striker's chin and thru for another breakaway.

The second half started with a quick Club I goal off a nice buildup and cross from the Captain. Alemania, up 4 to 1 at this point, panicked and started kicking everything they touched off the park. It looked like they had a 1 goal lead in injury time, not a 3 goal lead at the start of the half. Club I sustained pressure, but was unable to score another goal. Alemania recovered from their panic and scored 2 more opportunistic goals off clownish Club I giveaways.

I still don't understand how the score ended up 6 to 1, but Alemania won the game by playing a game that was better suited to the field conditions (US Open style rough in the places the field had grass), winning more of the personal battles, and with clinical finishing. Their keeper also made some key saves to keep Club I from building any momentum (including stopping a penalty in injury time in the first half)

Coolhead

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say...

The back of my neck is still burnt from the red light going on so often.

It was was not a good week for Club I. All three teams lost badly.
9-2, 4-0, & 6-1.

The only thing I can say is that even though we picked some good players in the off-season, it is still going to be a tough battle to get out of div 2.

Actually, It's probably tougher to get promoted out of div2 than to stay in div 1.

Anyway, I'll just have to shrug off that loose and move on.

I'll see the Club I guys at the practice on Tues.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt. Shamrock

Capt read some reports on your match , unlucky, hope your lads bring their runners on tues at training, may a nice long run along the dyke might stop them from allowing the ball to drop,then a nice session on finishing to end the nite.:)

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt,

Assuming you still maintain some form of contact with your former teammates in the greatest league in the lower mainland I was wondering if Town has kept all the familiar faces now their "captain" has departed.

Willy

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Reality Is.......

Quote: "I have never been in a game like that, where you actually outplay the other team and lose 6 - 1."

A 5 goal loss is a 5 goal loss. I won't speak for the rest of the season that lies ahead but 5 goals is a beatdown. Alemania do not play the "beautiful game" but when you face that type of opposition, you gotta step up and stick in. Mano a Mano, Hack for Hack, hit em hard-hit em low. The bad news is you lost badly, the good news is you get another shot at redemption later on. In the meantime, spend some time on your 'D' and how to defend against the long ball....

TwoBadWheels...arebetterthannone...

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bombastic vs NSU Jim Beam

7-2 win for Beam. Bombastic should get some credit as they fought hard for awhile. But once the goals started piling up, it was too much to keep up with. Twobadwheels played like he only had one bad wheel as he netted two. Led rounded out the hatrick as he bounced one off of the d-mans arse. (I'd take it) A good start. Looking forward to the rest of the season and some good competition.

hammer

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clueless

What the hell happend to the green leprechauns??? I guess I did not call this game correctly, but i still think Club I is better than the showing with Alemania....Now the sad part is, either Alemania has added some talent or Club I has shown their true football skills....i think not, I will still stand my predictions Nickel, I agree with Bonefish, the only way to play against Alemania is Mano to Mano, bump, grind,sweep the legs, trash talk, etc...We played them last year with a 3-5-2 formation, clogged the middle, with aggressive defense and they never even got the ball over half!!!!

signed: clueless in Cincinnati

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cow pasture

This is not an excuse but Kensington North is a brutal field.
VMSL give your head a shake or get off your collective big ass and call the folks at city hall to cut the grass!!

I feel sorry for any team that plays there and I am very surprised that no one turned an ankle on sunday.

Next week, Club I plays at Guilford II, another shite field that is suitable for 7 year old. Some of the goals will come from well out....because the field is so small.

Enough bitching for now

Bite saying a prayer for those unfortunate souls in NY.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights

Any news on the Westide Knights? I think we've played them in the past, but due to abuse of sponsorship product I am at a loss as to how they are. Hey Hammer, was that you or your sister at practice last night? (kidding......I think)

Condolences to those in invovled in the tragic events in New York.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Changes

Number 2 will have more info than I can give, however, I do know that while they've lost a handful of players, they've signed some to replace them as well. Sunday saw them manage a 4-1 win over Champlain Heights, but I can't tell you how it looked.

Number 2 . . . care to comment?

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week 2 predictions

Wow, has this division ever got quiet with the departure of PGR and Lomas. I guess next year will be busier with Lomas back down and Club I still whining about the pitch. From what I've heard, Club I sounds like a bunch of girls who don't play physical and who can't defend the long ball. Good luck this weekend ladies.

A few big games this weekend include:
Cliff Ave vs NS Primos in group B
Knights vs Jim Beam in group C
Club I vs Bosna in group A

The winners of these games should be considered front runners for promotion. Alemania, Bingers, and PGU should all win easily this week and be the other frontrunners in their respective group.

Mickster.........just trying to stir the pot........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wanted to stir the pot.

From what I've heard, Club I sounds like a bunch of girls who don't play physical and who can't defend the long ball

You didn't really stir the pot because you were right about one of the three things. There was one team complaining about the ref and it wasn't the team in hoops. We were actually very well behaved. As for the physical play, it was a very clean game and both teams avoided resorting to typical Metro League tactics. As for the long ball, you're spot on. I can't argue that, but can just hope we solve that problem quickly or we could be giving up more goals against a Bosna team that will probably be stronger than Alemania. No disrespect to Alemania of course.

Finally, I was surprised you mentioned our game as a big game because usually teams that are poofters and whiners, wouldn't be put into that category.

I know we will have some cracking drinks for after the match , for anyone who is in the King George area. :)

Captain

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where do I start?

Yes the Knights have gotten rid of some of the rif raf.

We found that the younger guys just weren't fitting in. They rode their bikes to practices/games, could barely cover their team dues (typical students), and never once finished off a fully stocked cooler. Keeper, you can't argue that last one. None of you young guys have ever seen a 'fully' stocked cooler. :p

So we quietly got rid of them (or ignored them 'till they went away).

We've picked up about a half dozen or so players able to cover most positions so performance wise I'd like to think we're about the same as last year with a bit more size. No, not from the beer. And don't ask about ...you know. I don't know.

We were a little concernced leading up to our first game at Champlain Heights. But were quickly put at ease after about 5-10 minutes when trusty ol' Scott drove one home from the top right corner of the penalty box to the far left lower corner.

2:0 at the have after a goal from coach Kane about mid way through the half.

They notched one on a fast break down the middle about 15 minutes after the break, but Scott and new guy Steve pretty much put the game away with about 20 then 15 minutes left.

4:1 final.

Field (Champlain Heights) looked to be a bit on the cow pasture-ish side.
Ref (never had him before) called decent game.

As for the Beam on Saturday? Should be a good on. Montgomery's in relatively great shape considering the Parks Board's history. And I feel more confindent this year against them vs. last year's results. Away loss and a Home tie (I think. Could be mistaken.).

number 2

Theviewsexpressedabovearethoseoftheauthorandnottheteam.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for info Number 2. Beam has also discarded some of the riff raff and added a few strong players that should make us stronger. Should be a good match. Looking forward to it. (another way to tell if it's a good game by both, is that both team coolers should be empty in about an hour after the final whistle)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And I feel more confindent this year against them vs. last year's results. Away loss and a Home tie (I think. Could be mistaken.).
I think it was NS Clearnet we were up against last year, not the JB's.

BTW, I'm not lining Montgomery this year, so someone had better check it before game time.

Congrats on the win.

senior

Aug 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
week #2

beamers,

another important game for week #2, as we play one of the possible teams that could be trailing us at years end. we will need to tighten up our back line as we've already given up half our goals against total for the year, just kiddin guys. see you on sat. and don't be shy when stocking the cooler with cold ones cause the lady's out of town.

senior

mickster,nopisswaterthisweekok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0