Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 Div 2 Rumours & Other Gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last chance saloon for NSU

Ah, we just wanted to fill your broken hearts with hope only to smash them viciously apart in a flurry of merciless heartbreaking heartbreak. This would send your whole team into a downward spiral of drink, drugs and debauchery as you try to deal emotionally with your multiple traumas which would eventually lead to the relocation of NSU JB's to the downtown eastside and from there the tragic one by one disappearance of the entire NSU team. Therapist, a word of advice for you once you are established in Cracktown. NEVER trust a man with a pig farm. BTW, I meant to say Bonefish had it wrong (regarding the point totals), but oh well, you'll do. Guess we'll probably see you guys at the game.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Godlike exiled

Actually, I think he was banished there by his union for conduct unbecoming a bartender (He stayed sober one night at work).Hey, you never know maybe they'll lift the ban and he'll make an appearance this weekend.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PGU 4 Bombastic 1

Now only two more games to be replayed and then three more games against the JB's and we'll be finished for the season:D There was some good play yesterday although it was hard for me to tell as I spent most of the second half picking up pieces of my lungs off the pitch and trying to get some feeling back in my legs. Must give credit to Bombastic as they are a good bunch of guys and they try to play with the ball on the floor which makes it a lot more enjoyable than the usual div. 2 puntfest. For them to finish with eight wins after their poor start is quite an accomplishment and shows what being organized can do for a team.

JB's: Are we the only team you guys can get pumped up to play? I know Binger's are good but I didn't expect a 5-0 scoreline! It doesn't sound like you guys were too motivated to be honest. I would think that is probably to be expected after the way your season ended though. You guys definitely have a very good chance for promotion next year. Just have to pump up the volume a little more consistenly.

Thanks to everyone in the Div. 2 thread for some fun and sometimes heated banter. Makes things a lot more interesting. As for the really important stuff, Go you scousers! Liverpool is on the road to glory! Now if only I can get the team to change our name to Point Grey Mighty Reds.

Dapolookingforwardtosummersoccerandsittinginthehottubforhoursonend

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to PGU, we only had a faint hope that Bombastic would pull off the upset but obviously that didn't happen.

As for Bingers...they played well and I guess we were not on our game. They scored on all their chances and we didn't. They got all the bounces and we didn't. I'm always full of excuses but that doesn't matter now. Looking forward to watching a repeat of last years cup final, hopefully with a different result.

Mickster

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What can I say? 8-3 combined in three games this year. No doubt who was the better side... and you did it without this GodLike character ever showing his face. I now think he's just a figment of someone's imagination.

Anyway. Bombastic will bounce back. Since 4th and 5th in Div 2C will move to Div 2A next year say goodbye to PGU, Knights and NK. Say Hello to Polska (probably from Div 1B), and Cliff Ave United and Elephant Walk (from Div 2B). It won't be easy but I think JB's and Bombastic should be in the hunt again next season.

the insider

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want a dictionary definition...

Bombastic (adjective) - Pompous or overblown.

...but that describes almost every team that posts on this board...:eek:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
aww, hell no...

Tell me you didn't lose that fcuking game. You guys created chances all day, but in the immortal words of Fastshow, couldn't score in a monkey whorehouse with an armload of banannas.

I was tempted to stay and watch the OT and, I gather, subsequent shootout? 'Tis a shame. Thought your lot was full value for a regulation-time victory, for what its worth.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DIvision 2

Too bad about the loss boys ... now you'll have to put up with at least a year of sh!tty fields and bad refereeing (for the most part). One thing you'll notice about Div 2 is the big disparity. THere may be 2 or 3 very good teams in each group, 1 or 2 mediocre teams and the rest are just trash. Any ideas what group you'll be in next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0