Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 Div 3 - 2011/ 2012 - How does this division look? Who are the contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see there is a few new teams coming to div 3, and a few returns, how is the level of play this year and any early predictions on which teams will be fighting for the top spots?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is the level of play? I'd suggest probably waiting until somebody in the division has actually played a game to ask that question...

My team will, of course, be sandbagging again.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a feeling that 3B will be much stronger this year.
There are 2 last years div2 teams and 5 new teams which could be ready for div 2 (you never know)
3A- only 2 new teams but you have Surrey, Bari, Friends and B United, which placed 6-9 last years div 3.
Don't know how they got this but doesn't seem fair.
Predictions: Punjab, Killarney and Gastown, West Van

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan Saints will go undefeated and destroy everyone in this division. It is a joke that they are playing Div 3.

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friendly game score:
West Van - Strathcona 3:0

My team beat Strathcona 9-2 in a friendly at the beginning of the summer. We didn't have a full team out (typical friendly) and it was our first ever game together (brand new team)... So I wouldn't necessarily be so quick to suggest that West Van will be contenders in Div 3. I could be wrong, but they certainly won't walk it if that scoreline is anything to go by.

For what its worth 'we' are the Vancouver Greencaps. We only formed at the beginning of this year, and entered the CLASS league for the summer, which we won, beating Vancouver United in the final 2-0.

We attempted to get into the VMSL, but did not want to enter Div 3, after enquiring we realised this was the only option, and by the time we dilly-dallied making a decision, the league was full up.

We are now entering the Ultra Soccer League... which I have no idea about.

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
My team beat Strathcona 9-2 in a friendly at the beginning of the summer. We didn't have a full team out (typical friendly) and it was our first ever game together (brand new team)... So I wouldn't necessarily be so quick to suggest that West Van will be contenders in Div 3. I could be wrong, but they certainly won't walk it if that scoreline is anything to go by.

For what its worth 'we' are the Vancouver Greencaps. We only formed at the beginning of this year, and entered the CLASS league for the summer, which we won, beating Vancouver United in the final 2-0.

We attempted to get into the VMSL, but did not want to enter Div 3, after enquiring we realised this was the only option, and by the time we dilly-dallied making a decision, the league was full up.

We are now entering the Ultra Soccer League... which I have no idea about.

DIV 1 in the Ultra league is on par with Div 3 vmsl and Div 4 Fraser Valley

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assumed this would probably be the case. Pretty frustrating that there's nothing better without investing 2/3 seasons. We probably won't be here after the end of this season, so there wasn't really a lot of options.

Everyone says about divisions in the Ultra League, but as far as I'm aware, there's only 1 division in the winter? I have a feeling its going to be a very frustrating league to play in (a lot of one sided games).

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ryansd87 - how do you think the rest of us started out? If you want to get into a higher division in the VMSL you need to talk to an established club that already has a spot there. Either way, you're still going to have to prove your team's capabilities. Have you played against any Div 2 teams? That would be a better indicator of whether you're ready for that level.

Ultra League runs 3 divisions in the summer but only 1 in winter; you get a mix of teams with varying quality. Did you look at the Burnaby League as an option?

ryansd87

Sep 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well both leagues had games in the evenings, but we decided that playing out in Burnaby on a Saturday night wouldn't be ideal, due to most people wanting to go out afterwards... And we weren't sure if the standard would be any better.

But you're right, its only fair that everyone should start at the bottom. I'm just being a moaner :) lol

We played a load of Div 3 teams, but haven't actually played any Div 2 teams, although judging from what I have seen (of Yaletown and Bombastic) we would at least be on par with them... but obviously its completely subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0