Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2011- 2012 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
so now its week 3. lets make some predictions.
I do not know enough about many of the teams yet,but here is my best prognosis :

after two weeks, the Greens look the strongest in Div 3a,

PUNJAB 0 - 4 GREENS

SIGNMASTER 1 - 5 "B"UNITED

BARI 2- 2 PCOV

PACIFICA 3 - 3 KILLARNEY and of course

FRIENDS VS SURREY PYLONS

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
PUNJAB 0 - 6 GREENS
SIGNMASTER 4 - 6 "B"UNITED
BARI 3 - 3 PCOV
PACIFICA 3 - 1 KILLARNEY
FRIENDS 3 - 1 SURREY PYLONS

NORVAN 6 - 2 NORWEST
UBC 3 - 5 STRATHCONA
BLARNEY STONE 0 - 4 WEST VAN
AJYAL 5 - 1 ZAWISZA
GASTOWN 5 - 0 COSMOS

And my end of season guess:
A
1. Greens
2. Friends
3. B United
4. Pacifica
5. PCOV
6. Pylons
7. Bari
8. Signmaster
9. Killarney
10. Punjab

B
1.Gastown
2.Strathcona
3.Ajyal
4.West Van
5.Norvan
6.Zawisza
7.Cosmos
8.UBC
9.NorWest
10.Blarney Stone

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We'll gladly take a tie with Pacifica. It's happened before, so not an unrealistic result. Not sure I care for the prediction of 9th place; guess we'll just have to do something about it.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
nice predictions united, im do not know much about the other division 3 yet.

i also thought pacifica would win, but i gave trece the benefit after reading his comment about killarney's finishing being poor and im counting on them to have practiced and be ready to score some goals!

do the top 2 teams get promotion in each division?

ps. did anyone see luis suarez masterclass finish today?

and of course go STOKE CITY!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheen: you're too kind; stop it before you jinx us.:p I believe you are correct about promotion.

United: that's why I said "we'll just have to do something about it."

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Section 5 - Promotion and Relegation :
(d) The top three (3) Division 3 teams shall be promoted to Division 2.
there is a playoff game 2nd 3A vs 2nd 3B
last year's top 4 teams in 3A got promoted, so you never know.
you can also chase the ref off the field in the playoff game and still get promoted

#13... i am sure you guys can do it; bari, b united, pylons and friends were awful last year. no reason not to kick their asses:bronco::football::wa:

:sleepy: Suarez :sleep:

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
FRIENDS 3 - 0 SURREY PYLONS ...

Surrey is a big team, who play very physical, and even though they started with 9 men in the first half, friends were only up 1-0 at half time. Then a rain storm came, and Surrey had 11 men ready for the second half.Friends played horrible , and Surrey had a couple chances to tie the game at 1. Eventually Friends finally broke through and they scored 2 more goals, In the sun now, as the rain storm turned into a lovely sunny afternoon, before the end and the final score was 3-0. Maybe Surrey starting with 9 finally got to them at the end...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3-3 Pacifica & Shellick

The Bhoys found a way to get a point today, even if it meant snatching a draw from the jaws of victory.:rolleyes::mad: Up 3-1 at the half in the pissing rain, Coach Trece tells the lads "don't let up; keep pressing them!" and of course, the exact opposite happens. Glad to keep at least one point, but the team cost themselves the other two that they could have kept. Onwards and downward...

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
wtf...3B is getting crazy
Blarney : West Van 0:0
NorWest beat NorVan 3:0
UBC - Strathcona 5:0 (gotta investigate this one)

congrats on your first point, trece :beer:
great predictions shaheen

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is not enough banter in div 3, we need to reach the teams involved, maybe TAKETHEPISS can sponsor a team and advertise on their jerseys ;) :wa::knvb::bronco:

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was 4-5 in week 3, goal for week 4: 6-4
Week 4

Greens 5:1 Pylons
PCOV Sporting 2:2 Signmaster
B United 2:1 Pacifica
Killarney 3:2 Punjab
Friends 4:2 Bari

Cosmos 0:2 UBC
Strathcona 3:3 NorVan
NorWest 2:5 Ajyal
Zawisza 2:1 Blarney Stone
Gastown 3:1 West Van

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
GREENS 4 - 0 SURREY PYLONS
PCOV 2 - 1 SIGNMASTER
B-UNITED 3 -2 PACIFICA
KILLARNEY 1- 2 PUNJAB
FRIENDS VS BARI

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shellick 2 Club Punjab 2. Very evenly played game, that might even have been better without a ref - the guy we had made sure his whistle was going every 2 minutes, regardless of whether there actually was anything to call. We agreed with their team that he was equally bad both ways.

C.P. went up 2-0 compliments of some defensive brain farts on our part; could have been 3-0 as one of their shots hit (I believe) the post, and then bounced off our sweeper's arm and stayed out; no call from the ref. Could also have been 1-1 however, as one of their defenders cleared a ball out that appeared to have gone over their goal line and into their net. In either case, the ref had a bad perspective and let play continue. We countered quickly after their 2nd goal and put in one of our own legitimately, and it finished 2-1 at the half.

Second half was quite evenly played with neither team gaining a strong advantage in possession, but with us having slightly more chances at goal. As the whistle was blowing so frequently, it was difficult for the game to develop any flow, so there were a lot of dead ball situations that went begging for some finish.

We scored the equalizer with about 5 to go, and neither side was able to press a strong advantage after that. 2-2 was a fair result on the day, which I guess screws up our two oddsmakers' predictions for the division. Onwards and downwards...

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
as promised, 6:4 last week

signmaster 1-4 friends
bari 2-4 greens
pylons 2-2 punjab
pacifica 1-3 pcov
b united 3-1 killarney

blarney 1-5 norwest
ajyal 7-3 strathcona
norvan 1-1 ubc
gastown 4-0 zawisza
west van 3-1 cosmos

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 2 B's 1. Keep predicting game scores, gents; we're liking proving you wrong.:D

B's up 1-0 in the first half against our depleted lineup (Irish birthday party in Vegas - go figure) on a dodgy sequence that saw our keeper hesitate about 3 yards out and have the ball doinked past him. Rallied after the half and put the equalizer in through some solid mucking on a horrible pitch that was more sand than grass. Winning goal was a great header from our centre back who was up at least a foot over everyone else with about 10 left. Barred the door and clinched our first win of the season.

Man in the middle was quite good. Don't know his name, but he's a ginger with a good knowledge of the game and a well developed sense of when and when not to apply the advantage (a la Robbie Brown at his peak). A few good chances either way with both keepers playing well but ours was slightly better.

Onwards and downwards...

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Killarney, great team to get your first win against. This win really throws a wrench in the works, and the whole division seems to be up for grabs. The Greens should shore up 1st place, but 2nd - 10th is anyone's guess really.

By the way, Trece Verde, do you know who runs this website, takethepiss.com? There's a team that was in need of a sponsor and were thinking that takethepiss.com would be a great endorsee. It would promote the site and encourage more people within VMSL to visit. Therefore more Banter :D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0