Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 3 DIV 3 - 2012- 2013 SEASON - Banter, Predictions, Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
And you're definitely right United. Caspian needs to improve their fitness if they want to remain relevant in the race for promotion. Cosmos was very dangerous in the last twenty.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good for Celtick to get a tie and also good for Astro Matic on their first win. It is fun to watch underdogs win a game here and there. Caspin beating Cosmos thats funny to me. I thought that Cosmos would tie or win the game.

shaheenfc7

Oct 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
well mr.base whats so funny about caspian winning? You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f*cked up maybe, but we're funny how, I mean funny like we are clowns, we amuse you?we make you laugh, we are here to f*ckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How are we funny?

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game by Celtic. Bunch of young lads who can run a lot and were all over us. Couple of decently skilled guys were making life miserable for us. Pacifica got up 3-0, against the flow of play and pretty much all on the counterattack. Couple of errors by the Celtic back line allowed breaks. Very flat showing by Pacifica. A rightly called penalty gave the Celtic crew some momentum and got them back in the game. It shouldn't have occurred if the keeper, the left mid and the left back hadn't all made poor decisions on the play. Keeper throwing the ball out there in the first place, left back deciding to run past the mid up the pitch while he was under pressure and then the mid deciding to try to turn it when he was alone at the top of his box. Celtic got one more back before half. Well struck half volley that dipped into a top corner.
Our lack of fitness really showed in the second half with not much of a spark or chances to speak of. Most came through individual runs by our lone striker. This resulted in several corners, but nothing came of them.
Celtic drew the equalizer about halfway through the 2nd half. Nice run down the wing and a cross was just out of reach of the backtracking centre backs and was tapped in at the near post.
Near goal/miss when Pacifica keeper swept a looping bouncing header off a throw off his line. It had looped over him, but the ref ruled had had swept it out of his goal area prior to it crossing the line.
Both teams guilty of some serious errors in decision making that resulted in goals, so a draw likely a fair result on the day.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shaheenfc 7 are you Ok. Funny to me is how much acting goes on in your games. Some of your guys cheep shot than they act like they did not do it. You have some good players but long way away from Shaheen style of play. Shaheen guys have lots of class when they play a game. We played them many times. You guys on the other hand used to be enother team. As soon as in fights start you boys swing to new team. It is always better to have two good teams than four low end teams.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base: Shaheenfc7 = movie quote. Look up "Goodfellas" with Joe Pesci.

Northern Touch: nice to meet you too. Fairly accurate assessment of the game; one of those two strikers you saw has been out with injuries up till now so his touch was quite off from where it could be. The other guy I predict will develop into a very strong striker as he gets more experience in the men's game; he is only 18. We have a bit of an odd mix this season, with some veterans too young to move up to our masters' team, and a bunch of young guys right out of youth footy. It does give us some pace, but also causes some boneheaded defensive decisions that have hurt team results. The bhoys have been struggling a bit to find some cohesion; I think we're close now.

The ball that your keeper pulled back out looked to me like it was over the line, but unfortunately for us, not to the ref. Overall, a much better performance by our guys than previously, especially after getting into that deep of a hole. On to PCOV next week at the Baconfield postage stamp.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not gonna dispute the ball being over the line. At that point it was a toss up and judgement call, the ref decided to give the keeper the benefit of the decision. If it went the other way, I couldn't have said he was wrong either.

Good luck against PCOV.

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is it true that the standings, if teams are equal on points, are determined by goals for and not goal difference? If so, what kind of amateur system is this. I suppose it is amateur footy. Still, Defenders are more important than Strikers. There is irrefutable evidence.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not true!
If there is a tie for 1st or 2nd place, there is a playoff game(or round robin playoffs if more than 2 teams) to break the tie.
If not enough time to play, 1st tiebreaker is head-to-head, 2nd goal difference and 3rd is goals against.
This could easily happen in 3A.
Any tips on how to beat Friends?

danny_agger5

Sep 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
United FC: Thanks for the help, that does make a lot more sense. As for beating Friends, I know they now have two (allegedly) very talented Latin American players. If you can shut them down you should be fine. They also have a #8 CM, who is very talented and can use both feet. Best bet would be to be the aggressor and push forward. They should have very little in terms of width.

Cupcake: It is much easier for me to sit back and play FIFA, while you go into the rule section, read the rules, and then explain in accurate detail what they say for me.

Aug 29, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
My favourite time of the week: Predictions that I don't bother looking at to see if I'm right anymore.
Strathcona over Friends
Metro over Signmaster
Joes over B's
Celtic over Europa (upset special)
Pacifica vs Pylons (off the board, and side note looks like we won't get Dave Lam at all. BS and away from our sponsor...)
Pumas over Astro
Caspian over Chaos
Cosmos draw Ante
Bosna draw Bari
Cliff over NorWest

Predictions for end of season standings? I'll pick my top 3 in each.
A) 1. Metro 2. Joes 3. Strathcona B) 1. Caspian 2. Pumas 3. Bosna

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't like you liking us, for the first time if i remember.
Could go the other way.
Any bets on first ppd game, is Adanac still in the worst shape?

Friends vs Strathcona 1:2
Metro vs Signmaster 6:0
Averages vs B's 4:1
Europa vs Celtic 3:2
Pacifica tie Pylons 1:1

Astro vs Pumas 1:3
Chaos vs Caspian 0:2
Cosmos vs Ante 3:2
Bosna vs Bari 5:2
Cliff tie NorWest 2:2

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wao Unicorn wins again. Metropolitan trashes a team ten zip. Good sportman would have stopen at five zip use the game as practice.

united fc

Feb 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
10:0 ?! Come on, they are good but not this good.
They had one scoring chance against us last week, whats wrong with Signmasta, did they start 11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0