Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

CAT Division 1 CAT 2002/2003

Who will win the FVSL Division 1 CAT League this year?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Chilliwack FC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Langley United

• North Delta Lions

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Whalley Storm

• Total voters

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poco 2 - Langley 0

Poco 2 - Langley 0.

Not a bad game considering the long xmas break, I couldnt believe how many of my guys were begging to come off well before half time. Anyhow Good luck to Poco the rest of the season, and we are off to play Whallley Next week.

Any other results in yet?

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRUTAL!

The ref did not show up for the Delta - Whalley game.
Both teams were nicely warmed up and both waiting and waiting.
after a while it got pretty boring. Coaches of the teams decided to just do a little scrimmage. 2 , 30 min. halfs.
I don't know what the hell happened with the ref.
If a team doesn't show, they get fined. but when 40 guys do show it is pretty frusterating for both teams.

Kind of like planning a dinner all week, cooking it that day but no ones gets to enjoy it by eating it. because someone fcuked it all up. THE REF> FCUK YOU!

Oscar Goldman

Mar 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by LION
BRUTAL!Kind of like planning a dinner all week, cooking it that day but no ones gets to enjoy it by eating it. because someone fcuked it all up. THE REF> FCUK YOU!

Definitely a tough way to start the new year the only thing tougher is trying to figure out your "dinner" analogy. I think the episode reads more like a whole bunch of foreplay minus the climax. Hey Booby, write your thoughts out before you post them and while you're at it get Cheddar to proofread his. Cheddar's posts are an embarassment to his brothers and sisters in the BCTF.

Too bad the game didn't happen because I know the Lions were keen on solving the Storm who have been their achilles heel. You'll get 'em next time.

Oscar

P.S. Hey Kjellbotn, I hear there's a sale at the dollar store and they have those toothpicks you cherish.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That happend to us last year at PAU. Not a word from the league. No apologies or nothing. I think the team that travels 100kms round trip to a game, and the ref doesn't show up, should be reimbursed. We'll never see it happen, but it should.

Just hope when you get out to Chilliwack this weekend, there is a ref there.:eek:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU/GEU

Any PAU boys out there that are looking to get thumped again? Prediction GEU 3 PAU 1;)

Pinturicchio

Dec 6, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: PAU/GEU

Originally posted by girth
Any PAU boys out there that are looking to get thumped again? Prediction GEU 3 PAU 1;)

If the past is any indication, GEU should trounce PAU... I mean they have unlimited depth at every position, not to mention outrageously high levels of skill and fitness. It is a walk over - right?!?;)

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Will Belfast be playing for PAU this weekend? In all seriousness, they really missed him when we played them last month. Whoever they had up front couldn't finish. Belfast isn't the fastest guy around, but atleast he can finish. If he's there it'll be a close one. If he isn't it'll be another GEU win.

I owe the Red Dragon a good solid chop. I'm coming for you Habb! I'm coming for you!:mad::D

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good Luck..

Good Luck VS. PAU Rob, were rooting for you, Prediction 2-2 Draw..

We (Langley) play Whalley Storm again Sunday, I hear they signed some new guys at the deadline from SFC Peg. Good for them, should make them a stronger team though I don't care for the timing lol.

They should be able to compete with POCO's Cat team now for top spot (or should I say POCO's team, minus the Cat because you really never know what team they are going to field)...

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good Luck..

Originally posted by suburbanator
Good Luck VS. PAU Rob, were rooting for you, Prediction 2-2 Draw..

I hear they signed some new guys at the deadline from SFC Peg. Good for them
I agree cause they should be easier to beat now.:eek:

Dalglish

Sep 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Good Luck..

They should be able to compete with POCO's Cat team now for top spot (or should I say POCO's team, minus the Cat because you really never know what team they are going to field)... [/B][/QUOTE]

Burb,

What PoCo team was on the field last week when they beat you?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dalglish,

I think Suburbanator's comment was more of a complement than anything.... referring to how Poco has made use of the Cat system this year. You guys seem to be the only team in the league that regularly calls up a bunch, and has a bunch of premier caliber guys playing for the Cat.

Langley does it too, but not to the same extend...too many of the young kids are happy to play cat, but I think as they teams continue to mesh and train together, that'll change.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Good Luck..

Originally posted by Dalglish
QUOTE]

Burb,

What PoCo team was on the field last week when they beat you?

Dal

That was the Cat team Dal, nothing wrong with getting beaten by them as its a good squad. As Dude pointed out it is a compliment, being able to take advantage of a system that is there for that purpose is great. I am not ashamed of losing to any team in this Cat division, its our teams 1st year out of U21. Average age of 21 with only 6 guys having played anywhere but U21. (And 2 of those havent played in a couple years). The fact that we won/tied some games against some of the better teams is great, and we've only been blown out once (Vs Delta 6-2 or something, but hey I was absent so I will take the blame/credit lol). Its good that teams like Whalley and Delta are able to field very competative teams without help from a Premier team.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whalley 0 - Langley 0

Good hard fought game played by both sides. I give the opening 45 to Whalley but Langley definately owned the 2nd half. Key to the game was the ref'ing which was f'king a joke. At least it was a joke for both teams. He shorted us 5 Mins off the clock for the 1st half and 6 for the second, and my watch doesnt keep track of injury and stoppage time, so how much time did we REALLY lose! He also forced us to Start 8 minutes Early, despite protest from both sides. Both teams would have appreciated the extra time as the game was a good match fought mainly in the middle of the park. Whalleys #10 had some great chances, one called back on an offside and they had several scrambles in our 18 yard box that could have cost us. Our guys fought hard and played tough in the 2nd getting a few great opportunities but couldnt get our chances on net.

At least the guys from Whalley are a clean and decent bunch, lots of pushing but no really stupid tackles etc and they don't get carried away at the mouth.... We would have offered you (Whalley) a beer or two after the game however our newly appointed Beer boy failed to bring any... bastard!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GEU 1 - 1 PAU

Well, we threw away two points today. We owned PAU all day. We controlled most of the natch with the possesion being around 70 - 30. About halfway through the second the went down a man after a late CHEAP tackle on our keeper. The Newf was tossed and rightly so. About fifteen minutes later after some constant pressure from GEU, PAU countered and were fouled about 25 yards out. The convert a nice free kick and against the run of play, we're down one. Desperation time. We had several more forrays into their 18, but got nothing out of it until around the 80th minute when I was brought down inside the 18. Jamie Gill stepped up and scored on the PK, and there you have it. We had a few more chances but nothing major. On to Poco next week.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So much for #4

No goal for you today TheRob? Must have got a hold of some bad Chinese food or something? Perhaps if you kept better company before a game....

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cheers to Chilli

First off, I would like to show my respect to Chilliwack. They have been having a horrible season and still come out every weekend. They showed up today with 10 guys. We were worried for a bit that this game would be cancelled too.
Wasn't much of a game though. It was 2-0 for Delta with in the first 5 min. 8-0 by half. 13-1 final score. They called the game halfway through the second half.
The guys on there team are all good guys. I talked to a few during the game and they seemed like classy guys.

I would of lost it by then.
I don't know what I would do if I were on a team with there record and 10 guys show up to a game and start losing really bad. So I give them huge respect for at least playing us and still showing up to the park every weekend.

you might say ," why didn't we stop scoring after 6 or 7." But we even started making the extra passes, and just trying to keep possesion, but when your in there end the whole game sometimes the only option is to finally shoot. And I am sure there hearts were out of it as the game went on.
There keeper made some excellent saves though.

suburbanator

Oct 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cheers to Chilli

Originally posted by LION
First off, I would like to show my respect to Chilliwack.

They are a classy group of guys, I hope they stick around next year and improve their team. Shame to lose a team just because someone obviously organized them poorly this year. We Play Chili next weekend I believe, hope they don't take out their revenge on us lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0