Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Divison 1 Cup 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

evergreen

Mar 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It surely wasn't our goal to win Division 1 this year; you have to be honest with yourself. Avoiding relegation was a goal; I don't think it's realistic to jump in and start whipping teams after being used to playing at a lower intensity in Div 2. I think there needs to be a balance between staying loyal to players, getting in new recruits while keeping team identity at the same time. I think it's great to see Binger's with a lot of familiar faces from years past, yet placing in the top half of Div 1. They have an identity, and are a classy group. How long will the new Pegasus/Indo whatever team stay together before they need to upgrade to win premier? If the vmsl is not a rec league then where's my paycheck? ya it's competitive, but not pro.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with both Regs and the Captain. I've played on div.1 teams who've played against the prem teams and got thumped, but for me, they were some of the most exciting games of the year. The only thing with the div.1 cup is that there is only hardware when you win. Whereas the Imperial and Div.2 cup, your team is off to provincials.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, why should it be? If our Division One team won the league, it wouldn't be able to be promoted because we already have a team there unless of course it got relegated. Binger's Army are more than happy to play Division One every year and be very competitive. I don't want to speak on their behalf but I'm guessing they wouldn't want the 'hassle' of getting brand new players for Premier? But then again, there are enough sluts out there who have no loyalty to any team. Sometimes players are playing in Division One because it is the level they are capable and comfortable playing at? Why can't that be the case?

Captain, you took the words out of my mouth. I can't speak for everyone on our squad but there's a difference between going out and working for a result every week in Div 1 (and having success) vs. being hell bent on playing Prem. Each team has its own approach and I can't see anything wrong with that. I think you're spot on about Olympics. I'd probably put Akal and Cliff Ave in that category as well, both were solid and pretty driven this year. Doesn't mean Binger's don't want to get promoted but the guys enjoy playing together and I'm not sure it's the #1 priority. I guess by Regs and Robinho's logic we're a rec team while middle of the pack Div 1 squads with Prem aspirations are competitive. Hmmm.

Totally understand why some Div 1 teams, particularly the top tier, would welcome the challenge of playing Imperial. Also not sure what getting shelled by Colombus or West Van in Round 1 of the Imperial does for your aveage Div 1 team (even if they do have designs on Premier at some point) but I'm tempted to let that debate die ;)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain... am I a slut?If so... do you like sluts? Big lanky yellow ones, at least?:wa:

playedwithtwoclubsinmylife

Go on you facking RCIU fackers!!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain... am I a slut?If so... do you like sluts? Big lanky yellow ones, at least?:wa:

playedwithtwoclubsinmylife

Go on you facking RCIU fackers!!!!!

No chance, Bigyin. :D

I've seen plenty of sluts over the last few weekends......enough for a lifetime actually..........:eek:

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs is absolutely correct. If you are in DIV 1 your goal every year should be to win promotion. Otherwise, what is the point of being in DIV 1. Regs, said it, VMSL is not a recreational league. For this reason alone, VMSL really needs to look at breaking down DIV 1 - into two groups STRONGER AND WEAKER. The weaker teams can play with eachother and not worry about getting 'killed'. That way DIV 1 teams, who inspire to go to a highest level, and compete, will have a chance to play against same caliber teams, and get competitive games every week.

Ok Robino....fair enough. Who wouldn't want to win promotion?? However, when injuries, pu$$y a$$ players and a poor season overall are your result why the fcuk would you elect to play in the Imperial Cup when you KNOW you won't make it past the first round? What do we gain as a 1st Div team to lose? What does a Premier team gain by winning against a vastly inferior side???

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Seriously, why should it be? If our Division One team won the league, it wouldn't be able to be promoted because we already have a team there unless of course it got relegated. Binger's Army are more than happy to play Division One every year and be very competitive. I don't want to speak on their behalf but I'm guessing they wouldn't want the 'hassle' of getting brand new players for Premier? But then again, there are enough sluts out there who have no loyalty to any team. Sometimes players are playing in Division One because it is the level they are capable and comfortable playing at? Why can't that be the case?

Same deal for us CS. If we win promotion we would have to sort through all sorts of red tape and politics as we are already a part of Metro Ford who have a Premier side. Last I checked clubs can only have one team in each division...if I am wrong please let me know.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they have beds @ Legends? last year I had to be carried out of the bar I was at...I may be Italian but I'll be damned if I miss an opportunity for community binge drinking!

:D:D:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Do they have beds @ Legends? last year I had to be carried out of the bar I was at...I may be Italian but I'll be damned if I miss an opportunity for community binge drinking!

:D:D:D

There's a spot on my couch, right beside Deucy on Saturday night. :D Anyway, let's get Friday sorted out first........fancy having a few and going to watch the Division One Cup final at Byrne Creek?

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
There's a spot on my couch, right beside Deucy on Saturday night. :D Anyway, let's get Friday sorted out first........fancy having a few and going to watch the Division One Cup final at Byrne Creek?

Ya that sounds like a good way to kick off the weekend. Where are you thinking?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
What chance does a 5th, or a 6th league-tier team have a chance on winning the FA Cup? Not many, but they still do have a chance. And every year all of the clubs registered to FA enter the FA cup. That is why you play the game. Weird and unusual things CAN happen (proven so many times in pro sports).

There should be ONE cup, where all of the VMSL teams enter. Lower DIV teams can play eachother early, and Prem teams enter the Cup maybe a round or two later.
This is just my idea of CUP competition.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What chance does a 5th, or a 6th league-tier team have a chance on winning the FA Cup? Not many, but they still do have a chance. And every year all of the clubs registered to FA enter the FA cup. That is why you play the game. Weird and unusual things CAN happen (proven so many times in pro sports).

There should be ONE cup, where all of the VMSL teams enter. Lower DIV teams can play eachother early, and Prem teams enter the Cup maybe a round or two later.
This is just my idea of CUP competition.

Good point. The FA Cup and the Imperial Cup are pretty well in the same boat. Hundreds of teams enter the FA Cup while the Imperial Cup has about 20. I'm sure if the lower division teams in the VMSL(div.2/3) would get paid to pay the glamour boys...they would.

Apples and oranges.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0