Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do Not Look At This Thread If You Taped The Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Senegal keep playing like that (minus the diving of course) they could find themselves in the semi.

Allback was shite and his replacement, Andersson, was even worse. Larsson gave some beautiful passes but couldn't buy one back.

Let's face it though, the commentators are right about him, he can score all the goals he wants against Porto, Juventus, Italy, Nigeria or Senegal but he won't be recognized as a truly great striker until he can score against say, Charlton or West Brom.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damien Duff. Damien Duff. Damien Duff.

And it was apparent Hierro couldn't wait to swap jerseys with Quinn 'till after the match. That's your captain, pulling a stunt like that in the 90th minute? For shame.

Spain aren't going anywhere past the next round. Raul bottled up by a 1st div english footballer.

The Senegalese seem to combat the deadly heat by sprinting as much as humanly possible. I wouldn't really fancy having to face them in the near future.

Congrats to McCarthy, who got much more out of his side than anybody expected. Better side on the day, but the penos will be a re-occuring nightmare for the next four years.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bad percentages

You have to hate missing on 4 of 7 pk's in a game. And if you count the second chance off the first pk (which was even more of an open net), 5 of 7!!! :eek:

Unlucky!

Slav

Mar 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

I don't mean it like that. But if you had the chances and couldn't capitalize well then maybe they shouldn't have won. Soccer isn't about pk's but they are part of the game, very much so at this point.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Point taken......

You're right, Slav. That miss on the rebound was even worse. Overall, I thought Ireland played well. They managed to make it through undefeated(not including penalties of course) and certainly did not embarrass themselves. Damien Duff was tremendous as was the work rate of the team. Overall, a great tournament for the Irish......

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pleasant surprise

EIRE and Mick McCarthy have to be extremely proud of their national team.

In the face of adversity, what a spirited effort by a squad whom would be considered "average" Premier and First Division players. With that said, I would take Damien Duff, Robbie Keane and the ageless Niall Quinn in my side any day.

With this performance, it really goes to show how far behind the Scottish program has fallen behind.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can say that again . . .

With the US up 2-0 and only 15 minutes left, is there anyone (other than Fastshow) who won't be rootin' for the Germans in the quarter-finals?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
U.G.L.Y.

I can't watch anymore!:mad:

One of the most hideous displays of soccer---EVER! :rolleyes: :mad: :eek:

+SC

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
God bless the USofA

Gwan the yanks. I know one thing is certain. With two countries with world famous senses of humour and a keen sense of subtlety, some of the banter on the park will be priceless. Rumour has it that both sides will be watching Mr. Bean re-runs before the match to loosen up.

The seppos could even make it to the final. Where they'd inevitably beat England on pennoes. It's been that kind of WC.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Man, I don't know how the hell the yanks got this far but I must admit it was pretty funny when the american fans were chanting "Adios Amigos" to the mexicalis. Didn't know they knew how to take the piss.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast wrote of the Republic of Ireland team,

EIRE and Mick McCarthy have to be extremely proud of their national team.
In the face of adversity, what a spirited effort by a squad whom would be considered "average"

This sentiment has been echoed by many other people including TV pundits but I feel too much is being made of the "plucky and determined" aspect of the Irish effort.

I think they played fcuking good football full stop.

If you want to see a spirited effort by a squad who is playing very average football, look no further than England.

If the hard-working English could incorporate some of that Irish skill into the mix, they might just beat Brazil in the quarters.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
non-biased opinion.......

Jinky,

You're spot on. I said that to a few people. Ireland did play a more enjoyable style of soccer than England over the three/four games. Of course, some of the pure dickheads will say "Where is Ireland now?". If this is the case, then these people are not purists. The players on Ireland worked their asses off and did play some attractive football at the same time. When Brazil stuff England on Friday, with its' own attractive brand of football, Ireland's play will look that much better.......:p

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ireland

Shammers,

Spot-on my friend! Ireland played really well. I have not enjoyed watching England. They are getting results and getting some breaks, and their tactics are working, but it's not pretty.

Still, they could go all the way. Brazil will attack them, but if they will have to be tottally disciplined at the back.

Should be a corker!

daz:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder if the Japanese national team listen to a little Loudness in the dressing room before they come on to the pitch.

I don't really wonder but it's a good excuse for a gratuitous 80's Japanese heavy metal band photo.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Korea taking th e piss.......

What a great call by the ref! It's about time that poof Totti was booked for diving. The I-ties are hanging on for dear life at this point. The coach should be fired for some of his decisions today. I guess the defensive shell crumbled this time. Unfortunately, I have a bad feeling that Italy is going to do what Spain did to Ireland the other day. They will continue to play for a tie and then win on PK's......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0