Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Every statement a gem

Jinky,

I haven't seen the post game interview yet you tit. I had to go back to work right after the final whistle. I guess what he said just make me right (again) doesn't it? :D

Interpret the rest as you like but "credit to City...they never gave up and good luck to them" sounds like they did deserve it to me.

At least these two teams are in a real league :rolleyes:

Daz :rolleyes:

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lies, lies and yet more lies.

Jonny Rolleyes,

I am deeply offended that you called me a tit even though it is a convincing argument. I'm going to make several complaints to the administration until my greivances, whatever they are, are addressed.

Dazza said:
At least these two teams are in a real league :rolleyes:

Daz :rolleyes:

Don't you mean,"At the most, these two teams are in a real league." ?

BTW, what would you call the Champions League? Other than a Tottenham pipe dream?

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A Song For Dazza

We'll be running round in Tottenham with our willies hanging out
We'll be running round in Tottenham with our willies hanging out
We'll be running round in Totteham,
Running round in Tottenham
Running round in Tottenham with our willies hanging out
Singing I've got a foreskin have you ?

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: poor old Spurs.........

For those in Canada without access to the internet...........

No apologies from flops
By Adrian Curtis, Evening Standard
5 February 2004
Tottenham's players today refused to apologise to both their fans for the humiliation of last night's FA Cup exit at the hands of 10-man Manchester City.

Kevin Keegan's team produced one of the greatest comebacks in the history of the competition to set-up a fifth-round tie against Manchester United.

Spurs threw away a three-goal interval lead as City hit back to win 4-3 having played the entire second half with 10 men after Joey Barton's dismissal for verbally abusing the referee by accusing him of being a Yid as the players walked off at half-time.

The White Hart Lane crowd were left stunned by the dramatic turn of events but Spurs players Dean Richards, Ledley King and Gus Poyet were all offered the chance to say sorry afterwards but declined. "Sorry seems to be the hardest word," said Dame Elton John, ex-Chairman of Watford FC and acknowledged homosexual.

King said: "I don't want to talk about it. We are still trying to work out how we lost," Poyet merely walked off muttering 'no', while Richards added: "I am not saying anything. Apart from that. What I just said. Other than that, I'm not talking. Look, my lips aren't moving. Except now. But not now. Oh, fcuk it, I'm a useless cnut."

This is the THIRD time Richards has been in a defence that has let a three goal lead slip. In an FA Cup fifth-round replay three years ago, he was in the Southampton side that lost to First Division Tranmere. Richards then scored on his Spurs debut as they romped into a three-goal interval lead against Manchester United but lost 5-3. There is a pattern here. The pattern is that Spurs are shite.

The closest the fans got to an apology was from a first-team player with only a handful of games under his belt. Johnnie Jackson (J.J.) said: "We just didn't perform in the second half. We know we've let the fans down but it wasn't through lack of effort. Things just went badly wrong for us and they had five more players on the park than we're accustomed to when we play fives in training. It is up to us to perform on Saturday against Portsmouth or they will definitely be on our backs." Reports remain unclear as to whether J.J. meant both Spurs fans or, in fact, Portsmouth.

Acting manager (he graduated from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts with honours) David Pleat said: "We didn't do well enough for all sorts of reasons. Primarily because we're rubbish. Perhaps at halftime we didn't deserve to be three up on the balance of play, although they were excellent goals.

"But their first goal just after half-time lifted their spirits. It kept breaking their way in the second half and fortune favours the brave sometimes. Or, indeed, any side playing Spurs.

"We had several chances but we couldn't finish them off - we desperately missed Bobby Zamora today- and as the game went on we played sloppily. Our marking was poor, particularly the last goal and the second was fortuitous. Which means lucky to you.

"We'd be glorifying in the victory if it was the other way round but the players have let themselves down and the fan must be gutted. "We weren't over-confident, we are, after all, Spurs. At half-time we knew we had to stretch them but it was one of those games where they went for it and got the breaks when they needed them."

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shock! Spurs fan with objectivity revelation!!!!!!!

Given the fact the following writer from The Standard admits he's Spurs, I feel this may just be a pisstake. Perhaps one of the more astute pisstakers on this site can confirm?

This is the next installment in my ongoing series of articles for those of you who don't get the internet in Canada.......... the original article can be read here for those whose computer gets the internet. There's a nice picture of Keegan jumping up and down.

Spurs comment: Gutless, spineless, humiliating
By Adrian Curtis, Evening Standard
5 February 2004
I have been a Tottenham fan ever since my dad allowed me the luxury of staying up late on a Saturday night to watch BBC2's Match of the Day in the mid-1960s.

I was mesmerised by the team of the period as I watched them on our flickering black-and-white television set. I began seeing them regularly in the early 1970s - heroworshipping such stars as Alan Gilzean and Martin Chivers with silk scarves tied around both wrists and Doc Martens reaching up to meet my white jeans and Crombie coat.
It was a great time to be a Spurs fan with League Cup triumphs against Villa in 1971 and Norwich in 1973 and a UEFA Cup success in between. It was the same in the early 80s and 90s, although the dress code had become more sensible by then.

I have been honoured to have reported on Spurs for the Evening Standard since 1996 and revelled in the Worthington Cup success three years later as much as any of the glory moments in the previous two decades.
But even our relegation to the old Division Two in the 70s was easier to stomach than the utter humiliation of last night's FA Cup defeat by Manchester City. In all my years of following Spurs, both as a fan and in a professional capacity, never have I witnessed such a woeful, inadequate, and inexcusable performance.

Today, it is not just Arsenal fans who think we are a laughing stock, it is the whole nation too who witnessed the abject spinelessness of this display live on television. And who can blame them?

Even though it happened, it still appears inconceivable that in the modern game a team could throw away a three-goal lead against opponents who are a man down at the interval.

It would be difficult for an under-11 side to succumb to such a disaster, yet Spurs managed to do it with consummate ease. City played the second half like they had 20-men not 10 and Spurs wilted like never before. At the end of the game I could do nothing more than stare at the pitch in utter disbelief.

Yet you could sense it coming as soon as City levelled the scores. The last time Spurs relinquished a three-goal interval lead was against Manchester United a few seasons ago. But then, Spurs gave their all. Against City, their performance ranked alongside the one they gave against Southampton in the FA Cup last season - dire. There was no guts, leadership, passion, drive, determination or belief. A three-goal interval lead had the fans delighted but the warning signs had already been there. You have to give credit to City but it has to be said they were aided and abetted by a Spurs midfield that, not for the first time this season, went walkabout.

The whole humiliating experience was worsened by the fact former boss Glenn Hoddle was back at the ground as a Sky TV pundit. Hoddle was a great player but a poor manager. He must also take his share of the blame for the problem Spurs never seem to want to tackle.

Why on earth did we spend £ 7million on Jermain Defoe when it is crystal clear that we need a midfield general? Hoddle failed to address the situation and it played a major part in his downfall. Now Pleat has spent money on a striker when a leader is what the team need. Every fan can see it. Such a player would have not allowed the rest of his team-mates to go awol as they did in the second half last night.

Hoddle's smug satisfaction was summed up in a text message I received at 9.57pm last night from former Spurs midfielder Tim Sherwood. It read: "Hoddle can't keep the smile off his face".

It just rubbed salt into the open wounds. When Manchester City's second goal went in I looked around at the Spurs players and not one of them appeared bothered at all. Perhaps they thought they had the game won.

To a man they showed the same lack of guts after the game. One by one they slunk out of White Hart Lane. None had the bravery to say sorry to the fans publicly. It should have come from the captain but Steve Carr was the first to leave.

It was not something Dave Mackay or Alan Mullery would have done. Then there was Irishman Robbie Keane. He scored a fine goal but he was ushered to his new Mercedes by his agent and so avoided the embarrassment of explaining the manner of his side's defeat.

Someone among the 11 on that pitch should have had the guts to apologise to the the paying public who turned up to support them. After all, they do pay their wages.

And what of David Pleat now? As a fan I am fed-up with the constant fannying around over the identity of the new manager. The delay is doing the club no favours. It should be sorted out immediately. There is as little leadership from the board as there is on the pitch. Pleat is the director of football so he should do the job for which he is paid if the club is committed to a role that many question. Pleat can coach but after this shambles you have to question whether he has the necessary motivational ability for today's game.

Finally, I come to my son Samuel. He is nine. I was the same age when I celebrated Spurs' 2-1 Wembley victory over Chelsea in the 1967 FA Cup Final.

My lad saw his first game at White Hart Lane against Blackburn at the end of last season. The result was a bad one but he was enthralled nevertheless. I was a proud dad. He was then as pleased as punch at Christmas when I bought him a schoolbag with the Tottenham logo on. But when I got home late last night, there was a note for me on the kitchen table.

It read: "Dear Dad, I hope you don't mind, but I don't want to be a Spurs fan any more. Love Sam." There must be many others feeling exactly the same way today.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Shock! Spurs fan with objectivity revelation!!!!!!!

Fasty,

God you must have an enthralling job. :eek:

Win in Cardiff.

I think it's about time you won a major trophy :rolleyes:

Daz :cool:

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tales from Riverview

Young Darren has been showing great signs of improvement in his computer classes of late.

His vocabulary and grammar are improving by the day, we just need to now encourage him to search for the right word or punctuation mark rather than the smiley faces he so loves. Most other kids are have moved on and we dont want poor Darren to get left behind now.

Thankfully Darren has not shown any further interest in interfering with his floppy disc drive. He now knows what is supposed to go in there and that he must not expose himself like that in class again.

The tantrums have stopped too although he needs to know that when he gets hot to take his coat off and not hide in the chefs freezer.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: tales from Riverview

Not a bad effort, my young coloured chum but let's try to stay on topic, eh?

Spurs have recruited David Blunkett as their new manager....Apparently

he's very good at hanging on to a lead.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: more cokc-ups from shandy drinking Southern club wankers........

Bless 'im........

Reyes says sorry to fans
By Raoul Simons, Evening Standard
5 February 2004
Unlike Tottenham's reticent flops, Jose Reyes has said sorry to Arsenal fans for the own-goal which sunk their hopes of reaching the Carling Cup Final.

The club's record signing marked his full debut by scoring at the wrong end in the 2-1 semi-final defeat by Middlesbrough on Tuesday. The £17.5million Spaniard said: "I am so sorry. I have not been able to sleep after what happened. I am sorry for the Arsenal fans and I ask them to forgive me.

"For my first goal to make such a negative impact is very distressing. I promise I will replace this unhappy situation with many happy things."

Reyes is an emotional character and was in tears last week when he left family and friends at Seville airport on departure for Highbury.

Team-mate Ray Parlour backed the 20-year-old to bounce back from the disappointment and praised the achievements of Arsenal's other youngsters in the competition.

He said: "Jose will be all right. The kids have done Arsenal proud. They will be better for the experience and quite often you learn more about people when things go against them. "Now they will have to respond and I am sure they will. Their chance will come again."

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Picture Perfect

Fasty,

Saw that one about Blunkett before you typed it.

Good one.

Not yours though :D

Nice try putting your name on it :rolleyes:

Daz :D

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Picture Perfect

Walks,

Close one today mate. I was getting a "priceless" message ready :rolleyes:

It is now official though.....we are the entertainers of the week....4-3 over Pompey...old man Gus in the 89th.....we led this game three times today.

Rollercoaster ride indeed :eek:

Daz ;)

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch out!

Watch out. These two with Kanoute will set the EPL on fire for the rest of the season. :knvb:

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vinny,

Good point, but apart from yesterday and Wednesday, our defence has been fantastic. In January I think we only let in 2 goals or something.

It is not a coincidence that since the maligned Dean Richards returned to the defence (only because the "Ginger Pele" is injured) we have been leaky again.

He must be sold in the summer.

Would probably be MVP material at Celtic in that league :rolleyes:

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dazza

You might be right. If you surround an average player with a team of Celtics calibre, he may win an Mvp award along the way. If you want to continue slagging Celtic, bring it to the Scottish section.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Day out at the Lane:

First of all, it's hard enough dealing with the roller coaster performances of Spurs without having to read all of Dazza's gung ho predictions. :wa:

Saturday's 4-3 win against Div.1 bound Portsmouth was the perfect response to the diabolical FA Cup exit to Citeh. When I say perfect, I mean in a balanced, divine intervention, stranger-than-fiction way meant to tease and torment the Spurs faithful who hand over their squid so foolishly by attending Spurs' home games. For all the talk about Spurs defence being sh!t, Portsmouth were even worse at the back. So it was a battle of the strikers, which was nerve-racking to watch, but better that the dross served up by Man City and Birmingham on Sunday, or Southampton versus Fulham. I'll take 4-3 over 0-0 anyday!

Personally, I watched Wednesday's televised 4-3 loss like any other Spurs fan, temporarily losing the power of speech (partially due to permanently attaching my mouth to numerous pints in the aftermath). However, games like that make English football and more specifically the FA Cup all the more interesting, and stick it to the punters who lay half-time, low-odds wagers. :)

All in all, the bush league melodrama coming out of N17 is a nightmare for Spurs supporters but better material than Footballers' Wives for the rest of you lot. High drama, mass confusion, and even a bit of decent football being played by god-like Robbie Keane. But after recovering from the stress of the win on Saturday, I have to say that things could be a lot worse.

cmon u spurs

max

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goals Goals Goals

Charlton 2 Spurs 4

More goals at both ends today.

Another for young Defoe. None for Keane, I guess all the attention was on him after 7 goals in 7 games.

Still, 15 points from 18 is very nice thank you.

And King Kanoute will be back for our game against Leicester at WHL a week on Saturday.

I can't fcuking wait!

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0