Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

English Premiership News 2003/2004

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please God.! Not Again.

Saints confirm Hoddle talks

Southampton chairman Rupert Lowe tonight insisted that Glenn Hoddle remains a contender to succeed Gordon Strachan as manager.

Saints fans have made their opposition to Hoddle returning plain after he walked out on the club in March 2001 to take the manager's job at Tottenham and then lured away their star defender Dean Richards.

But Lowe claims he has made unpopular decisions before and feels if he can forgive Hoddle for quitting, so should supporters.

'Yes, we have spoken to Glenn Hoddle,' Lowe told Sky Sports News. 'Glenn Hoddle is an option. He is a tremendous coach.

'He left this club under somewhat unfortunate circumstances ... if anyone should be bearing a grudge against Glenn Hoddle it will be me.

'He put me through the mill and it took some time to find the right solution.'

Lowe is seeking a replacement for current boss Strachan, who will leave the post at the end of this season at the latest in order to have a break from the game.

'I seem to remember it was not the most popular decision in the world when we brought in Gordon Strachan soon after he had left Coventry. Or when we took Dave Jones from Stockport.

'The club has moved on significantly in the last eight years and it stands to reason that Glenn Hoddle played his part in it.'

Lowe said he would be speaking to a candidate next week but would not say who it was or when an appointment might be made.

'I will say it again, we are not ruling in anyone or ruling out anyone.

'Whatever decision we make will be in the best interests of the club and it is important we get it right.'

The chairman called on the supporters to unite behind the club rather than continue with anti-Hoddle protests.

'It is a big test for everyone at the club now - have we outgrown the baggage of the past and have we got to the stage where the supporters think about their team, rather than the self-serving element who like to see their face on television?' mused Lowe.

'We all have to get behind the club in the right manner rather than being cheap fodder for the media. We need to cut this nonsense out.

'It is an almost surreal situation. We have come so far but we still have a long way to go. It is the board that runs the club - of course we will listen to the supporters. But at the end of the day they support the club, they don't run it.

'We have to make decisions that they sometimes will disagree with.'

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Southampton disgrace and too much sun for Becks .....

How on earth can Southampton seriously consider bringing back that fcuking turncoat Hoddle. For the love of God, the fcuking guy walks out on a club so he can take the more coveted Spurs job ??! That honestly must give Southampton the first clue on who not to hire :rolleyes: .

If I was a Saint :rolleyes: , I'd be gutted to have Hoddle back in the manager's seat. Do us all a favour Glenn, stay in the bloody broadcast booth ........ cnut.

Further on ........ The Engerland face Portugal in a friendly on Wednesday ....... Here's a shoc-king pic of the England captain in a press conference ...... sort your barnet out man, you're not Italian for fcuk sakes :rolleyes: .

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: wankers........

terry said:
MVP? Whats that? Does it come in Iron Bru flavour?
Tizer-flavour only.

To you, and the rest of the non-American sporting world, they're wanking on about Player of the Season gongs.

Quite why is another question entirely.

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
In that case then I think the Player of the year will be Henry again.
Football writers player of the year, maybe Lampard.

As the the young player of the year, not sure how old you have to be.
Toure, Johnson?

No doubt Defoes recent return to form will put him in the running.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On current form, Henry will walk both the PFA award and the Football Writer's gongs.

I'd love to say 'boro's Downing or Parnaby might be in for a shout for the Young Player of the Year but I left my delusion gene on the Eurostar last week. That young Spanish cnut your mob bought might have a shout now he's started scoring at the right end.

Defoe won't win owt apart from the best spectator award. Cnut's suspended more than David Blaine.

terry

Nov 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw the young Downing at the Priestfield stadium one windy Tuesday night a few months back, he looked quality.

Oh come along fasty surely you must agree Jermaine two goals in two games means he should be a contender not only for that put a place on the plane to Euro 2004. His goal against Charlton was world class.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't begrudge him a place on the plane to Portugal. Easyjet continues to set the standard and, for only £9.98 (plus aeroport taxes) he can get there. It's £24.98 return, mind.

He's a good player, he's just not the Messiah. It'll be interesting to see what Trappatoni does with him next season.

Oh, cancel that. It won't be interesting at all. And Trappatoni isn't going anymore.

I understand Hoddle's looking for work at clubs who love him dearly.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: best centre backs in England......

Shame to see Spurs embarrass themselves in front of the nation on Sky Super Sunday again. Still, at least they managed a point at home against a Leicester side pushing hard for a European place.

Excellent.

Red Forever

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
When the hell did Leicester start pushing for a European place?? I think your looking at the wrong end of the table.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Automated Response from the Team TTP!

Thank you for your post, Red Forever. A member of Team TTP will be contacting you soon in response to your query.

Have a super day!!!!

Team TTP Automated Response. Please do not reply to this e-mail.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Eight players arrested in sex attack
3/4/2004

MADRID (AP) - Eight English Premiership soccer players have been arrested by police after an alleged sexual assault on three women in a southeastern Spanish town, police said Thursday.

The women alleged the Leicester City players had forced their way into a hotel room in Cartagena and sexually assaulted them, causing injuries, according to a police statement.

The women filed the complaint Tuesday but it was not immediately clear when the incident occurred.

The statement cited a hospital report saying the women had injuries.

Nine players were initially detained but one was later released after being charged with failing to offer assistance to the victims.

The eight others were to appear before a judge Thursday. Police said four of the players were charged with sexual assault while all eight were charged with breaking and entering.

The players were only identified by their initials.

According to the police statement, a guard at Los Belones hotel said some of the players had appeared to be drunk had been troubling other customers.

The women reported the incident at Alicante airport, police said. They were bound for Germany but were asked to remain in Spain to give evidence. Their nationalities were not immediately known.

Leicester was on a mid-season break this week at the nearby La Manga complex, which boasts top-notch sports facilities, including soccer pitches, championship golf courses and a tennis centre, and is regularly visited by soccer teams from abroad.

"The club is aware that a number of players have been interviewed by Spanish police as a result of alleged incidents which took place during a club training camp in Spain," Leicester said in a statement Thursday.

The club is co-operating fully with the authorities in their investigations but, as these investigations are still ongoing, is not in a position to make any further comment at this stage."

Leicester chief executive Tim Davies is understood to have flown to Spain to join coach Micky Adams and the players.

Leicester was also involved in trouble at the La Manga complex four years ago, when former England international striker Stan Collymore set off a fire extinguisher in a hotel bar. The team was asked to leave the hotel and returned home. Collymore, who has since retired from soccer, was fined by the club and ordered to do community work.

Leicester, which faces relegation from the English Premier League, arrived in Spain on Sunday after a dismal run of 15 league and cup games without a win.

The incident is the latest to affect English soccer following a series of sex scandals involving players from top clubs.

Kippax

Aug 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blue Moon
CITY 4 The wanks 1

For City Fowler,Sinclair,Macken, SWP
For United, who the fcuk cares

popbitch

Sep 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was'nt supposed to happen.

What a week of fun it's been.The scum and all those annoying supporters,soiling themselves in anticapation of another european cup.But after that goes just a little bit pear shaped,they go and get twated by City.It's kept me laughing all week.Fergie out,sell Giggs,Keane's past it.Not used to things not going to plan are they?How will this affect away kits sold in south east asia?Oh no.Just remember 4 european cups,forever in our shadow.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cracking the squad

Did'nt know quite where to put this.
Thomson has cracked the England squad for the Sweden Match.
For those of you from south of the border, thinking who?

Alan Thompson

FACTFILE

Born: 22/12/73
Position: Midfielder
Club: Celtic
Caps: 0
Goals: 0
Has increasingly moved forward in the minds of many as a potential candidate for England's Euro 2004 squad after producing the goods week in, week out for Celtic.

Thompson is a rarity, in that he is a naturally left-sided midfielder, something England coach Sven Goran Eriksson has long been hoping to track down.

Started his club career at Newcastle before playing for both Bolton and Aston Villa, and eventually making the move north of the border.

Since joining Celtic for the 2000/1 season, he has made a total of 134 appearances in all competitions, scoring 34 goals in the process.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough Steve-O ...... we'll give him a run but we certainly won't let him take the PK's :D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fasty,

What is the name of the song they play before 'Boro's home games? I've been trying to find out for a couple of years now. :confused: The fans chant it after they score too. I don't believe there are lyrics for the song.....

BTW, congrats on winning the League Cup. :D

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Admiral Shamrock, The song of which you speak is 'Pigbag' by The Perfecto Allstars, an alias of Perfecto Record's head honcho, Paul Oakenfold.

In their last six games, the 'boro faithful have had more opportunity than in recent memory to sing the fcuking thing, 'La, la, la, la.............. la, la, la, la......' Etcetera.

I wish we could play Spurs or Wanderers every week.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thank you, Mr. England. You are the man when it comes to music, that I know nothing about. Hopefully I will be able to download the tune today. Quite a catchy tune.

la la la la......la la la laaaaa......la la la laptain

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0