Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Euro 2004 Qualifying

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apparently the Shaw Digital Cable box is now allowing customers to order Euro qualifiers through their PPV program. Which was well worth the jingo I coughed up for the England-Lietchenstein clash this morning. It was a rather dour affar, although Beckham notched another of his classic free kicks for the second England tally, but it was almost worth the cash to see a good camera angle of the bizarre knife throwing incident in the Republic of Ireland-Georgia game, which the Republic won, 2-1.

From what I saw, Georgia were awarded a free kick when a projectile was launched from the stands towards Kilbane. It knicked his arm and he bent down to pick up what the close-up showed to be a small pocket-knife, which was opened to expose the blade. Always down for a good time, these Georgians. This is what they're doing when they're on the receiving end of a free-kick. Thank gawd no penos were awarded to the Republic.

Ireland ended up winning 2-1, but the result was almost lost in the Kilbane incident, teammed with Gary Breen being hit by a ball bearing, Duff getting caught by a plastic drink bottle, and a glass vodka bottle being smashed against Shay Given's post. Good day for football. Good day indeed.

Wales stuffed Azerbaijan 4-buzz with goals from Bellamy, Speed, Giggs and Hartubgooson. Good result for Hughie's men as they move five points clear of the fungulos for top spot in group nine.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The big suprise of the day came from Bosnia and Herzegovina shocking the Danes 2-0. Lithuania went through the motions in their 1:nil win over Skotska.

Croatia were held to only two goals from Milan Rapaic against Andorra. The shots were 23-1 in Croatia's favour with Andorra's one shot at goal hitting the corner flag.

The most exciting part was counting how many times the little Andorran's were getting megged.... They must feel like bitches.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
England / Turkey

Very nice indeed ................. :D

The Engerland lumped the kebab shop owners 2-0 today on goals by Darius Vassell (76th) and Beckham (pk 90th). Very entertaining 2nd half as both teams really went for it today at the Stadium of Light. Man of the match in my mind has to go to Ruustu (sp ?) as he was excellent in goal for the Turks.

Becks missed a guilt-edged chance in the 1st half after the ball pinged around a bit but all in all, it was a massive result for England. Incidentally, Michael Owen looked like he hurt himself midway through the 2nd and was replaced by Vassell. Wayne Rooney surprisingly started for England and had a good first half in which he carved out some openings and knocked a few defenders about. Alan Shearer called him a 'bully' during his halftime commentary !! :rolleyes: . Some nasty incidents during the match which gave it a bit of spice with both teams having words and trying to twat each other.

Classic moment caught on camera was after Becks scored his PK. Telling one of the Turkish players to fcuk off whilst blowing kisses at him :D . Quite funny ........

Incidentally, if anyone's ever interested in a punch-up at lunchtime while England plays, head down to the British X Legion on Kingsway ....... :rolleyes: . Diabolical ..........

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Holland won.

Where the fcuk are all the Scots? Tough loss to that perennial power house Lithuania. :D

Lithuania 1 - 0 Scotland

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Ruud to the rescue .......

Holland won

Bet you were sweating when Moldova scored after 16 ......... 2-1 to a bunch of sardine farmers ?? SHOC-KING :D .

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk off, Willy Wooden Shoes.

By all accounts, Scotland played well but were on the wrong end of a dodgy penalty.

Still tied for top spot.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Scotland sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Fukc Scotland sucks.

The mighty Azzurri took the piss out of an overmatched Finland on Saturday 2-0

The BEST striker in the world scored both for Italia.

V-I-E-R-I V-I-E-R-I V-I-E-R-I

PS the new Puma kit looks brilliant, actually so does Englands new kit.:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quite the articulate piss-take there Zenga.

Obviously you are warming up for the I-Tie thread with that kind of quality.

I'm just impressed that you can see the letters on the keyboard past all the chicken feathers you just plucked.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

Hey did you hear

Scotland 0
Lithuania 1

So please Jinky and all the Scots be quite.

Thanks.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks

Hey Buddy Rooney is looking good for England.

And I have to say the England kit is almost as nice as the wop kit.:D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So please Jinky and all the Scots be quite.

Please be quite what?

Could you please finish that sentence or have you dropped your fungulo to english dictionary into your pigeon pie?

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shock ..........

It took you guys 6 minutes to reply to that one ......... Too easy ....... ;)

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Super Wayne .........

Zenga,

Yeah, young Wayne is looking good. Had a really good first half but did struggle a bit in the 2nd. Good to see an attacker get stuck in and batter bigger, more experienced central defenders. Hard to believe he's only 17. Just hope he gets brought along the right way, stays off the kebabs and pints at Everton's finest pubs ...... :D .

You have a picture of the new Wop kit ?? Haven't seen it yet .....

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NICELY DONE

Very good result today for England. Thoroughly deserved. We now seem to be finding a way to win rather than droping points in games. This is not a very tough group so it's important that we make them all count. Rooney gave us a new powerful dimension up front that we haven't had since the likes of Shearer. Good choice of squad based on the opposition today and great to see the Hammers keeper with two clean sheets in as many starts.

Well done lads..:cool:

As for Italy.............who fukcing cares!!!!

and Scotland.............well.....Jim Baxter will be turning in his grave.....god bless him.

Cheers

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Things are really happening here. Setanta/Carlsberg/Shaw Digi upped the price for today's match to $24.99. This matters not when ordering the game is as easy as clicking "order?" "confirm" and "enjoy". Price is not an issue. At least until the bill comes at the end of the month.

Rustu Recber was magic for the Doner chefs today. Calamity James was at his calamitous best, looking downright confused on a variety of crosses, but pulling off the save of the match with a stunning one-hander against Nihat moments after Vassell opened the scoring. I suppose Davey is the new #1 now - that's two straight clean sheets - the man is so big and athletic, full extension to parry a looping Turk header which looked destined for the back of the net. Despite this, Recber was easily the busier and more impressive of the two keepers, making excellent stops on Ferdinand, Beckham, Scholes and twice on Vassell - all in the last 25 minutes alone. I can't believe he hasn't moved onto a top flight (English/Italian/Spanish/Anywhere the fcuk out of Turkey) club after his recent form with the national side. He could be the best keeper in Europe right now. Seriously.

Rooney did remarkably well for his first international start, although I have no idea why Eriksson opted to sit Heskey after Emile was in good form against Lietchenstein on the week-end, setting up Owen's game-winner. But that's why Sven is nailing Italian supermodels and I'm ordering the game for 25 bucks on PPV, I suppose. The sporting-life.com team was pimping Rooney for MOTM but it would have been a disservice to award it to anybody not named Rustu. It's not like the Turks played that badly in front of him, but they were under siege at times and Recber kept it interesting until Beckham slotted his peno. All in all, a really good game to watch.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crafty

You are right nobody cares about Italia.

Fukcin Idiot.

TA thats a thing of beauty the new kit the gold numbers just make all the better.

TAgoingtoaubartonight??

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gold numbers

I guess they'll match the gold CD hangin' from the Iroc rearview!!!:eek:

At least they finally got rid of those god aweful short track speed skating kits!!!:D

Ps. Guinness loves wops;)

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0